Sun, Sea and HAIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun, Sea and HAIR

Salt, chlorine, sun, and humidity can wreak havoc on our locks.

Just got Philip Kingsley SwimCap Cream, will review after using. What do you use for protection?

Here, the best products to help ease the struggle.

Kiehl?s Leave-In Conditioner
    Coconut oil and panthenol condition the hair, while a sunscreen arms against damage.

KMS Hair Play Paste-Up Spray
    KMS?s new spray leaves frizzed-out locks controlled but pliable.

Rene Furterer Sunscreen Nutrient Oil
    Castor and sesame oils nourish and protect hair from the sun?and the spray ensures easy application.

Philip Kingsley SwimCap Cream
    This thick, protective cream, with castor and olive oils, shields hair from salt and chlorine.

Phytobrush
    A shampoo with acacia honey and wheat protein to strengthen dry, tangled tresses.
    how do you use the swimcap cream? before or after?

i usually load up on protein cream (its from the hairdresser) which supposedly protects against the chlorine before swimming.. wash hair thoroughly after swimming and apply a hair mask afterwards (i try to leave it on as long as possible)

kerastase oleo relax's made my hair really soft and smooth! but i use ALOT!

afterswim shampoo and conditioners didn't made my hair soft at all..

Hey Nic...I was just about to ask but it's related to skin. I've been getting back to my exercise regime and swimming 3/4 times a week.

My skin's bothering me and really dry and ITCHY, worse when PMS! Anyway, quick question. I love Eucerin Shower Oil but too bad about the scent. Just wondering if any brands out there make shower oil?

Back to the question...usually after swimming and if I'm not lazy, I will do a hair mask. I use the Loreal one...the yellow tub (can't remember the name off-hand). Towel dry my hair and after application, I will wrap my hair in a towel and blow dry for 10 mins. After the rinse and ta-da..... silky smooth hair

No frills and no brands...don't have to spend too much money on hair treatments in salon

Heard so much about kerastase oleo relax and wondering if I should get this.

Comment

John Frieda Beach Blonde LIFE PRESERVER Hair Conditioning Oil

my new found HG to keep my locks from drying out in the pool/sea.

-ultra light blend of tropical oils turns the sun's heat into a conditioning treat
      -helps protect hair from salt, chlorine and UV ray damage; adds brilliant shine
      -perfect for all hair types; ideal for dry, highlighted or color-treated hair.

smells real yum...coconutty and resort-y!

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
        My skin's bothering me and really dry and ITCHY, worse when PMS! Anyway, quick question. I love Eucerin Shower Oil but too bad about the scent. Just wondering if any brands out there make shower oil?
        i get that too.. so i load up on moisturisers after bathing and in before sleeping..

realise i itch most when my skin is dry. when i moisturise i don't get rashes that often :sotong: :sotong:

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
          Before

Vix, where to get John Frieda Beach Blonde LIFE PRESERVER Hair Conditioning Oil?
          can get from australia or UK

want one?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
            Yes, you have pricing and content size?
            IIRC, it works out to about S$15-16 depending on where you buy from.

100ml bottle.

Comment

vix, i did a search & it sounds good! what's the scent like?

& nic, here's what i got from my search!

<i>Helps protect the life of hair from sun damange. Light, non-greasy oil helps repel salt and pool water that can dry hair out. Conditions with the sun's warmth; adds glistening shine. For sexy summer hair year-round. </i>

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian

Heard so much about kerastase oleo relax and wondering if I should get this.
                That's what I am using now! After a swim, I would just put on the masque, steam my hair in it for a few minutes in the steam room and it will be soft again! Before the swim, I will just put a few drops of the Oleo relax serum to protect my hair from the harshness of the water.

I am kinda interested in Philips Kingsley though. Been reading some past reports on the elasticizer and now the swim cap cream. How's it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                  Shower oil? Good thingy, where to find?
                  The only shower oil I've tried is Eucerin. Get it at Watsons and Guardian. I will love more recommendations as well. Eucerin cleanses really well and really good for days when I have irritated skin with little red dots.

Comment

Okay.. Don't me. I'm going to recommend something that's not found at stores here but have simply worked wonders for me. I had that dry itchy skin problem some months back. The problem was solved finally after I use BlissLabs Sage Soft Oil spray. Not oily at all when you use it right after a shower.

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
                      IIRC, it works out to about S$15-16 depending on where you buy from.

100ml bottle.

vix dear, i bought yours at AUD$18 from priceline. has the price gone up?

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                        vix dear, i bought yours at AUD$18 from priceline. has the price gone up?
                        think it's because it's more expensive in Australia. i first bought it some time back in UK and with the exchange rate back then, it was approximately that price. key word being 'approximately'

:D

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                          Before
                          I was asking for suggestions on using protective haircare before I hop into a swimming pool, and I was told that protection after swimming is equally fine. In fact, if we were to put on haircare before we go into the swimming pool, we're being inconsiderate by dirtying the pool with residues of all these products.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky
                            O, I don't swim in pool, I use this for diving. Need to load on lots and reapply after every dive. I finished one tube in 2 days. It did save my hair.

Vix, we must meet soon. It's been months you holding onto this thingy for me, I'll use this for next month dive.
                            May i know if i can get these two products locally?
                            TIA!

Comment

reviving this thread! i've been swimming a lot more recently, and i'm getting a little afraid that my newly rebonded hair might start drying up and turning frizzy!

does anybody know if a swimming cap helps to keep chlorine out of the hair? any recommendations? suggestions for a leave-in treatment would be wonderful as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X