Color & Bleach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color & Bleach

i'll be having my makeover shots in about a weeks time, and i realise that the roots of my hair are black! so i'm rather worried that it'd show up in the pics - i dont want anything less than perfect . so here goes:

1.Where do you dye your hair? (include prices if possible)

2.If you had a choice to dye your hair any colour, what colour would it be?

3. Highlights or whole head?

4. What is your favourite coloured hair like out of all your experiences?

do post pics if possible!!

Re: Dyeing your hair

kimage, just did earlier this month at around S$110(for dye only).. my hair length is long, so quite ok

light blonde

ever did highlight once.... its really nice, but super damagin to hair.... so i think dyeing of whole head is still better

my current colour... haha, not too light and not too dark.... light brown.... the colour seems to be getting more and more obvious now
    Last edited by mimiyap; 14-11-2003, 11:03 PM.

Comment

once @ kimage funan. whole head was $40 after rebate from the discount card
      once @ NK Hairworks Parkway. not sure about the price. think it was a package deal or some sort.

i'm getting quite sick of my hair so i wouldn't mind dark brown (almost black) with just streaks or highlights.

either one would do.

probably the first time i dyed. copperish brownish reddish (i'm terrible with descriptions) i hated the almost blonde i got the second time! it was supposed to be highlights but my whole head look dyed.. darkening it helped for awhile till the colour started fading.

Comment

i'll be having my makeover shots in about a weeks time, and i realise that the roots of my hair are black! so i'm rather worried that it'd show up in the pics - i dont want anything less than perfect . so here goes:

Bugis

hehee i have tried alot of colors!

even if i do highlights i will color the base a darker brown ot something, my natural black color is not very healthy n nice looking

I have tried red (think its from l'oreal cant recall what color, but not those striking red kind, but red enuf for the whole office floor to queue up and wow at my hair)

my favorite is dark brown as base n thick streaks of lighter brown (in fact i think they bleach they streaks for me!)

do post pics if possible!!
        Last edited by kare2711; 15-11-2003, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Gorgeous or Clissor @ FEP

Jet Black, Dark Brown or Black with red streaks camo within fringe.

Whole head.

Light brown whole head with blond extensions.

Comment

Re: Re: Dyeing your hair

Bishan

Light Brown

Highlights

Different tones of brown

Comment

Chapter 2 at bugis

I did before 3 big patches of Red and at the back inner part of my hair is reddish PURPLE and the base is light brown.
              If i have a choice i want whole hair purple and highlight red.. but that is not possible cause if i wear white top and it is rain than my white top become purple top!

BOTH

PURPLE and ReD

Comment

Re: Re: Dyeing your hair

Le Salon Bis. For a whole head colour, highlights and lowlights, I paid around S$480+ for long hair

RED!!!

depends on the colour. If it's something subtle and concievably a 'natural' colour, then whole head is fine. But if it's something that's obviously not your 'natural' colour (eg blonde), then I personally find whole head dye jobs too tacky.
                And if you're going to do highlights, definitely definitely get lowlights to prevent skunk-like streaking.

my current colour! I got it toned down to a rich burgandy shade, that fades over time. Love it right now, but red fades fastest so it needs constant touching-up!
                I like my blonde/ash streaks, but they just made my hair look fried even though it wasn't!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dyeing your hair

Originally posted by ataraxia

Le Salon Bis. For a whole head colour, highlights and lowlights, I paid around S$480+ for long hair

RED!!!

depends on the colour. If it's something subtle and concievably a 'natural' colour, then whole head is fine. But if it's something that's obviously not your 'natural' colour (eg blonde), then I personally find whole head dye jobs too tacky.
                  And if you're going to do highlights, definitely definitely get lowlights to prevent skunk-like streaking.

my current colour! I got it toned down to a rich burgandy shade, that fades over time. Love it right now, but red fades fastest so it needs constant touching-up!
                  I like my blonde/ash streaks, but they just made my hair look fried even though it wasn't!

Post ur pic ???..
                  wonder how ur hair look like..

Comment

Dyeing your hair

<b>1.Where do you dye your hair? (include prices if possible)</b>
                    Kimage! Sunny from Kimage Funan never disappoint me!! Prices... the recent one I did, slight above shoulder, semi-lasting color only S$55!! You get a 30% (if I'm not wrong) discount if you have the Kimage card, it's cheap!!

<b>2.If you had a choice to dye your hair any colour, what colour would it be? </b>
                    I used to dye dark reddish or something with a hint of dark brown.

<b>3. Highlights or whole head?</b>
                    Whole head.

<b>4. What is your favourite coloured hair like out of all your experiences? </b>
                    Now!! At first, the color was too harsh and un-natural on me (even though it suppose to match my natural hair color), but after a few wash, it's look perfectly alright!!

The last time I dye my hair was for CNY, 'cos my hair is growing out, and there's a obvious color difference between my hairs roots and ends. So I asked Sunny to just coloured my hair to match the roots, this way when my hair start growing, there wouldn't be an obvious color difference! The reason I choose semi-lasting color is it doesn't make my hair dry like the perm. color does.

Comment

Zoom at marina square, $120 for bra length

Red but it does not last on me

Both but I just color my whole head

I have 2 color! Ash but it made my ends very dry and red but it does not last for me

Fyi it is best that you touch up or color your hair for the makeover as it will show the contrast, very ugly!
                      Last edited by littlemiss; 29-01-2004, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dyeing your hair

kimage - technical colour $180
                        chapter 2 - 2 tone colouring $135 (but i paid only $67 coz of the 50% off during nov and dec)

brown

both

technical colour at kimage...
                        love the colour that my previous stylist chose for me..

Comment

I'd recommend you to tone down your hair color, so it doesnt damage your dyed hair further... just a suggestion...

Comment

What's the difference between Dyeing to a really light colour to Bleaching?

Is bleaching more harmful?

Comment

>The salon I go to, Capello, the last time I did a bleaching + 2-tone dye job on short (boyish short) hair, it costs $270 (give or take) and took 4 hours.

>I can't dye my hair now, but if I can, I'll have ash blonde streaks on med brown.

>as above

>Purplish-silverish streaks on dark red. but its real hard to mantain since red fades the fastest among all colours.

Comment

Working...
                              X