Hair Shine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Shine

okie girls, what do you gorgeous people use to make your hair shine?? i keep dreaming of beautiful healthy shiny hair!!

quite a few hair products that i alternate....

Aveda Purefume Brilliant
    - my fave. this is a serum, smells wonderful, and a small squirt is enough for my past-shoulder length hair. anymore and i run the risk of looking greasy instead.

John FriedaAnti-Frizz Serum
    -serum again. rather scentless, leaves a nice shine on hair

Charles Worthington Silkening Serum
    - does a so-so job of controlling my baby hairs.

most importantly, you NEED a good shampoo and conditioner to clean and condition and keep your hair HEALTHY before adding any other products. without a good foundation, there's no way your hair will look shiny!

try this thread for ideas on what hair products the other gals use!

Comment

Fredrick and Fekkai Glossing Cream is my HG!!

It makes my hair look naturally glossy, not greasy or overly 'sleek'. And i love the fragrance!!

Comment

My shiny hair secret

1. L'oreal Elseve Smooth Intense Conditioner (Anti-frizz)
        2. L'oreal Elseve Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Leave-on Serum
        3. Pro-Vitamin Extreme Shine Hair Spray
        4. L'oreal Elseve Inner Strength Hair Mask Weekly
        5. TBS African Spa Body & Hair Mud

All are .

Comment

Originally posted by vixette

-serum again. rather scentless, leaves a nice shine on hair

Ditto on this
          currently using citre shine laminates
          non greasy and doesnt add weight to my hair
          adds a nice shine to my hair as well

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
            quite a few hair products that i alternate....

Aveda Purefume Brilliant
            where do you get these?
            i'm using the l'oreal one but somehow it doesn't work on my stubborn hair.

Comment

Originally posted by lysander
              where do you get these?
              yeah where do you get these?? I'm tempted!!

Comment

i have a tonne of items for dry and ultra dry hair. they help to rehydrate my hair somewhat - hair feels better. no shine though.

i went for hair treatments and it was a bit better although the effect last for less than a week. i think i will be trying for salon ents once a month to supplement my home treatments

will definite test out these shine products! thanks =)

Comment

Ditto on this
                  currently using citre shine laminates
                  non greasy and doesnt add weight to my hair
                  adds a nice shine to my hair as well

i like this too! plus it's pretty affordable!!

Comment

Originally posted by lysander
                    where do you get these?
                    i got the john frieda from australia. it's easily found in almost any of dept shops and priceline. ask for a CP maybe (before the oz dollar grows any stronger)?

(btw, the other JF products are pretty good too. heh.....)

Aveda, i also got from australia since the line is no longer available in sg. the purefume is rather expensive though. i remember i paid >A$70 for it at that time? trying to make this last as i LOVE the scent and i find it's the best of the lot!

Comment

For shine, i really like Citre Shine's Shine Mist. It's a spray bottle and can be bought at Watsons. Just spray anytime on styled hair to add shine. This is because despite having limp and fine hair, this don't add weight to my hair and it's convenient!

And if you manage to swap, Beyond the zone's Get'N Creamed is a great product for permed hair. Adding shine and a little styling power, this is a cream that smells like BBW's cucumber melon and i like the intense shine it gave to my hair! Without the weight! And it's very cheap!! It's around USD$5 only for a tube because apparently Beyond the zone is a knock off of TiGi hair products.

Others i tried include Clinique's Shine serum and TiGi's Girls' Toy. Average results i would say. I still prefer the Citre Shine Mist or the BTZ's Get'N Creamed.

Comment

well, i heard from my mate and a site somewhere on the net about the following which helps your hair regain that healthy shine. after you shampoo and condition your hair, put your hair into a pail of ICE COLD water and it'll have that luxurious shine. hope this helps!
                        Last edited by messyfweak; 17-11-2004, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X