Ceramic Flat Irons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Flat Irons

Does anyone use these? I have hair that curls ever so slightly & sometimes I want them stick straight. Will these work?

Are these(or similar) avaiable in Singapore? ..

Chi Ceramic Flat Iron Hai Convertible Ceramic Flat Iron
    Hai Stik Ceramic Flat Iron

Yes, they are, but be prepared to fork out a few hundred for them. Usually those small salon in FEP sells them. But it's not worth it, because these crimpler will dry out your hair.

Comment

Quick Ceramic Iron

Am using this straightener, Quick Ceramic Flat Iron for about a year now. Typical hair straightener such as Vidal Sassoon one is nothing compared to ceramic hair straightener, definitely. Although I might have over-paid mine, cost $350 a year ago but I'm pretty sure you can get one at a much lower price now.

Ceramic hair straightener gives real sleek and shiny finish, similar to that of rebonded hair. The reason for this is because ceramic hair straightener is allegedly able to seal hair's moisture in the straightening process, hence does not cause the frizz from conventional hair straightener.

Best to use some heat-protecting product prior though, otherwise too frequent use would give rise to split-ends.

Hope that helps

Comment

Yeap using it. Ermmm my hairstylist friends told me to use conditioner daily while using this ceramic flat iron. It give similar result as rebonding REal buy i bought mine at $99, My friends got from his hair salon supplier.

Comment

I would really love to get a ceramic iron!!
          Was wondering where can I get this?? I heard from my stylist that it would cost around SGD200 to get this. Any reputable ones worth trying? Thanks!!!

Comment

if u want straight hairs all the time..i strongly suggest u go to the salon and do those straightening perm? I don't know what it is called in english..because using those irons damage your hair and permanent perm give much better result and some can last quite a long time..mine lasted 6-7 months i think!

Comment

Originally posted by S2pink
              if u want straight hairs all the time..i strongly suggest u go to the salon and do those straightening perm? I don't know what it is called in english..because using those irons damage your hair and permanent perm give much better result and some can last quite a long time..mine lasted 6-7 months i think!
              I have been doing rebonding ... I don't know if this is the one you have mentioned? I realised that rebonding made my hair dropped alot and stuff.
              Pretty lost and in a dilemma.

Comment

Hair rebonding vs Ceramic Iron

I'm someone who's really obssessed with straight hair.. I've done about 5 times of hair rebonding over a span of approximately 3 years, and I'm still using the ceramic flat iron I own. In my opinion, the damage done by hair rebonding is worse (or at least, as severe) as that of ceramic iron. The last hair rebonding left my ends really frizzy and dry, kinda regretted doing it since I use my ceramic iron to straighten it anyway. Yup, the effect of my last rebonding wasn't that great at all.. could be due to my heavy layers as well.

In essence, I think ceramic iron is handy to have and it can last for such a long time anyway. Good investment if you favour straight hair a lot. I'd think you can easily get one from your hair salon, cuz I prefer the ones used by hairstylists. I'm using the brand "Quick", just for reference

Comment

Actually why is it the ceramic plated iron wont damage hair? I really have no knowledge in this field, can anyone enlighten me please... TIA.

Comment

I;ve rebond my hair once everyday 6 to 12 months, then it got my hair all fried and frizzy... :roll: so I cut it very short, and it become worse... now it's so curly and unmmanageable ... So after reading yenyen's reveal, i'm so tempted to try out a ceramic straightener... and after visited www.folica.com 's review on this ceramic flat iron... i;m even more tempted to try one...
                    The Bion Fine Ceramic Digital Flat Iron sounds promising... it seems like ceramic plate wont damage hair...

*Sorry, the second post in this page is refereing to the normal metal plate flat iron... so it really dried out my fried hair even more ... *

Comment

Originally posted by huili
                      Actually why is it the ceramic plated iron wont damage hair? I really have no knowledge in this field, can anyone enlighten me please... TIA.
                      I read that ceramic hair irons lock in moisture into your locks and at the same time, straightens it as well. There are also ions which are penetrate into the hair shaft and locks in moisture!
                      I used to have the normal metal plate ones and it dried out my hair terribly. I am currently trying to find a good reputable CHI (Ceramic Hair Iron) and would not mind paying a bit of $ to get a good one , say about SGD200?

I think the CHI iron is a good way to get the hair straight without any further rebonding as well!

Comment

Yup, ceramic iron is able to lock in moisture to prevent hair from drying out while straightening. It truly never fails to give me straight and shiny locks every time I use it. However, application of such heat every day to our hair naturally would cause a certain level of damage, so I think applying some heat-protector to hair before straightening, and perhaps do it on alternate days would help to slow down the damage.

I still think getting the ceramic irons from salon is most reliable (the ones they use during hair rebonding process so we know they're truly good) cuz my friend who bought a ceramic iron from Petra Hair Care (in Melbourne) didn't quite give the same effect even though it's supposed to be a ceramic iron as well. Best if you could give it a try before purchase to see if it gives the desired effect! :D

Comment

i dunno about the rebonding..i dont know what its called in english..haha..but it takes a really long time to do at a salon..i don't know..i did the straightening once and it didnt seem to hurt my hair.(or maybe i couldn't see) ..but i heard that if you do it and they charge u at a cheap price..then its probably not good..like ones in HK that are cheap...ur hair will fall out..but the expensive one should giv excellent result ..
                          thats just my opinion tho..maybe its because I never invested in an expensive iron??

Comment

The above flat iron I'm eyeing at, are the one being used at Ginrich salon! So many raves! gonna get one soon!

Comment

wow , that sure looks good. What brand is it? HOw much?

Comment

Working...
                              X