Oily scalp / Pimples on scalp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oily scalp / Pimples on scalp

:roll: Erm... anyone has this problem of pimples on scalp? Sometimes i will get like 2-3 pimples on my scalp at one time Any solution to this? Anyone knows why it happens? :huh: Could it be hormones or not enough sleep? I wash my hair everyday, so can't be because of cleanliness. Its very painful when i comb my hair...

I have them occassionally. I suspect the cause of it to be perspiration and heat. When the weather is warmer, do wash you hair daily and dry it in cool air.

Comment

I ever had this during one phase in my life when I was pretty stressed and such. It would be stress and also cleanliness I think?

I did not bother much with it and continued my daily routines with my hair.

Comment

i do. and i noticed they only started popping up when i started using dove shampoo. moreover, i wash my hair twice a day - think i should be looking for a shampoo alternative now.

Comment

Does your scalp itch? If so , it might be an allergy to the dove shampoo.

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
            Does your scalp itch? If so , it might be an allergy to the dove shampoo.
            nope, it doesnt itch. i change my shampoos after every 3 months. used dove prior to this and it didnt have this effect on me. i like dove for the "squeaky clean" feeling it gives my hair and the scent.

Comment

Could it be that the shampoo is too rich? Your scalp might be an oily scalp to start with, coz pimples are more of a problem with oily scalps due to the high level of sebum.

hth

Comment

i got oily scalp, fine hair and all heavy shampoo and conditioners will cause me to have flaky deposits, then hair loss and then pimples

hmmm stop using the shampoo might help
                else, use a shampoo for fine hair

Comment

I have a sensitive scalp and developed this problem a couple of years ago. The only solution for me that keeps the pimples under control is using a different shampoo daily (I have 7 at any time) :roll: including 1 shampoo for dandruff. My derm told me to just lather up the shampoo in my hands then wipe the lather over my hair & rinse off. Twice a week I work the lather of the dandruff shampoo thoroughly into my scalp for a good cleaning.

A friend uses Body Shop's Tea Tree oil shampoo for her scalp pimples.

angie

Comment

Thanks gals! I think its probably stress cos its gone now! Yeah!

Comment

help for oily scalp

dear cotters,

do any of you have any recommendations for oily scalp?

i do wash my hair daily but it gets kinda of greasy by the end of the day.

Comment

you may like to try wella SP (system professional) regulate shampoo. it's for oily scalp & for frequent use. i find that it does help control my oily scalp but still have to wash my hair everyday, the effects are not so great such that you can wash your hair every alternate day. you can get it at hair salons for $20+ but i suggest you go venus which sells a 250 ml bottle for $14.90. HTH!

Comment

i have oily scalp n hair too.. haiii i tried organics.. but i dont find *** it helps. Herbal Esscence cleans my oily hair well, but it does not solve the prob of it turning oily easily..

Comment

I have been using Kiehl's Tea Tree Oil shampoo and its really good for oily hair IMO. Foams up and washes off very easily. It did leave my hair soft and easy to manage too.

Comment

where to buy and how much is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X