Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wigs

hey girls,
    do any of u use wigs? whenever I go shopping I always see the accessory shops selling them but I wonder who buys them? any ideas? =)
    cheers,
    estelle.

Re: wigs

Originally posted by estelle
    hey girls,
    do any of u use wigs? whenever I go shopping I always see the accessory shops selling them but I wonder who buys them? any ideas? =)
    cheers,
    estelle.
    nope, i dont wear wigs. perhaps peeps whose hair they feel ashamed of, or otherwise they wanna hide their identities or whatever. some actresses wear them too, when acting a particular role which needs a haircut that is too extreme, they may wear wigs instead of really cutting their hair.

Comment

i think wig is a great way to try out hairstyles without cutting them off and regretting later.

Comment

I think they can be a fun way of changing your look, but not really practical in Singapore's weather.

Comment

unless u have short hair n want to have the long hair look badly or what.

i have a fren who used to buy it for fun but she's in aussie now..

pr, no longer here!

Comment

OT, but wigs give me creeps everytime. My aunt told me once there was this woman who likes to wear wigs and got herself a nice one made of real human hair. At times when she wore it and eat pork, she will hear someone whispering "barbie ta bolek makan" (means you can't eat pork) into her ear. Turns out that this human hair belonged to a dead Malay lady. Not sure whether the story is true or not, but it's enough to make me avoid wigs wherever I go.

Comment

wigs with human hair cost more n looks more real than the synthetic type!

n ur story gives me the creeps......... eeeeeeeee..............

Comment

I watched a documentary on how wigs are made, and I'm sure you all will be grossed out after watching it. :puke:

Anyway, wigs are rather expensive, can cost up to more than a hundred!

Comment

If you meant those wigs where theres a net for you to wear on your head? I thought its passe, no? What happens if the wearer feels itchy on the scalp and scratching on the wig doesnt help? harhar...cant imagine if the wig blown away when theres strong wind. Must be embarrassing man... I think hair extensions are more popular and verstile now. Anyone of you tried that?

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
                    OT, but wigs give me creeps everytime. My aunt told me once there was this woman who likes to wear wigs and got herself a nice one made of real human hair. At times when she wore it and eat pork, she will hear someone whispering "barbie ta bolek makan" (means you can't eat pork) into her ear. Turns out that this human hair belonged to a dead Malay lady. Not sure whether the story is true or not, but it's enough to make me avoid wigs wherever I go.
                    artichoke, your story is giving me goosebumps!

Comment

i used to have a very negative feeling against wigs..they seem so 'cancerous' and tranvestitive. but guess what i bought one last week!! from tangs dressing room. its long, until my midback its medium auburn brown with fringe!! so pretty!! my mum, sis and i look great in it IMO haha. maybe i should take a picture? my mum bought it so that my sis could wear it for her prom night (she didnt wear it in the end cos it didnt match the dresss) and my mum wanted to wear it to her company's annnual dinner. its quite daring since her post is quite senior and her normal hair is short. i want to wear it when i go to school too! ahah only for 1 day la just to try out..

the wig was around $130. u girls should go tangs and try it..the lady there was very helpful and friendly. we tried almost ALL the wigs there..no pressure into buying i can assure you

Comment

do post a picture!!!

maybe u can try keeping this hairstyle if it looks good.

Comment

Hi anyone knows where to get wigs for dressing up? (Not normal day to day use thing)

Comment

Originally posted by scrapdoll
                            i used to have a very negative feeling against wigs..they seem so 'cancerous' and tranvestitive. but guess what i bought one last week!! from tangs dressing room. its long, until my midback its medium auburn brown with fringe!! so pretty!! my mum, sis and i look great in it IMO haha. maybe i should take a picture? my mum bought it so that my sis could wear it for her prom night (she didnt wear it in the end cos it didnt match the dresss) and my mum wanted to wear it to her company's annnual dinner. its quite daring since her post is quite senior and her normal hair is short. i want to wear it when i go to school too! ahah only for 1 day la just to try out..

the wig was around $130. u girls should go tangs and try it..the lady there was very helpful and friendly. we tried almost ALL the wigs there..no pressure into buying i can assure you
                            i would like to take a look at your hair!! post it quick!

Comment

Ongadelene, i think , if u have a chance, u will want to see everybody's hair.... Hehex

Comment

Working...
                              X