Hair Texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair Texture

My hair texture looks very dry & dull. It looks like dead fish to me. I used DIY treatment every weekend (Loreal, Schwarporf) but my hair still stays dull n lifeless. How can i achieve hair that is bouncy, soft and manageable?

Any shampoo, conditioner or treatment to recommend?

Thanks cotterS!

Did you go for any hair treatment? Did you have your hair cut every 6 ~ 8 weeks?

For me, I use a mixture of hair products. It doesn't mean high-end = good product = good hair. To me, good hair means good diet, suitability of hair products, how you take good care of your hair.

My practise: I alternate some of the shampoos when I finish using them.

Low-end hair shampoos:
    Ginvera Hair Revitaliser [for normal hair] (comes with orange dispenser)
    Follow Me Green Tea (for normal hair)

Conditioners:
    Kerastase Bain Satin 3 shampoo (i use this as hair condtioner for my hair ends)
    HABA Lavender Shampoo Rinse

Hair masks:
    Frederic Fekkai Shea Butter
    L'Oreal
    Philip Kingsley

Leave-in conditioners:
    L'oreal Professional (purple bottle) - can't remember the name off hand
    FORD (CV-Third Treatment) Water Matrix Treatment(bought from Reds Hair salon)
    Last edited by dolphin; 06-05-2004, 09:04 AM.

Comment

dolphin's hair is really nice! should listen!

Comment

Xue, my hair ends flies left and right. It would be nice if i have a stylist stand by me when i need my hair to look sleek and straight. BTW, I had dyed my hair a few times (less than 5, i think) and relaxed my hair once. The stylists even complained the hair dye can't seep into my very black hair. :roll: Treatments are expensive so I DIY. Mum nags at me when I done damage to the hair. I had my hair in black with little hints of brown now... don't ask me why. I can't even answered that. Anyway, black hair is easy to maintain.

I prefer short hair ( Nic, Stella, Jemay and yours) but wait till i have a slim oval shape face, ok?! That would happen in my next life.

Comment

My hair looks at its best after it was rebonded. Though i felt that it's quite fake.its really really v soft and manageable!! The con is that is quite expensive and that it cant be done more than twice a yr.

I tried DIY treatment, Loreal, Schwarorf (cant spell it) but nothing seems to work. I used to trim my hair monthly but then, i feel that i can never have long hair if i continue trimming at this rate.

Dolphin has so mani hair pdts. Mine is as such:

Shampoo:
          Keratase Scalp Care (Day use)
          Nuskin Epoch Shampoo n Light Conditioner (Night)

Condition:
          Loreal Elseve(The orange bottle)
          Nuskin Epoch Conditioner

Treatment: (Once a week, done at home)
          Schworf (Sorry not too sure on the spelling)

Are there any treatments that can "cure" my dry,brittle,dull tresses?

Comment

My frens recommended me WElla Power Mask, any recommendations??

Comment

Do you use clarifying shampoo every now and then to get rid of product build-up? I like Neutrogena; Clairols turned my hair to straw.

Short hair is really easier to maintain, but when my hair was long, I conditioned it like crazy. First the usual rinse-off conditioner, then a conditioning spray to help detangle, then finally a leave-in conditioner (the cream kind).

Comment

Basically, i use serum on my ends,tts all. So i nvr buy build-up shampoos n stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by lava_lala
                  My frens recommended me WElla Power Mask, any recommendations??
                  tried this before, its ok only, nothing beats kerastase's oleo relax

Comment

lava_lala, build-up can come from anything and everything you put on your hair. This includes not only hair styling products, but shampoos, rinse-off conditioners, etc. Build-up comes especially from products that claim to make your hair shiny (eg. hair serum), because most of these contain silicones, which temporarily gives your hair shine, but with long-term use can make your hair dull, dry, even brittle.

You can check your products for silicone content: look through the ingredient list for words ending wth "cone" (sometimes "con"), eg. dimethicone.

Buy a small bottle of clarifying shampoo, and use it every couple of weeks or so. Let us know if it makes a difference.

Comment

hmm,ok, will try to get one. Any cheap ones to recommend? been on a very tight budget so didnt really want to spend too much.

Comment

Hi dolphin! how much is the water treatment? What brand is it? What kindda texture does it have? i thought of getting a new leave-in coz my redken one is almost finishing
                        Last edited by dolphin; 04-05-2004, 05:25 PM.

Comment

IIRC, it costs $40. I bought it at Reds Bugis.

I shall post the full product name for you tomorrow.
                          Last edited by dolphin; 04-05-2004, 05:29 PM.

Comment

thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                              You can check your products for silicone content: look through the ingredient list for words ending wth "cone" (sometimes "con"), eg. dimethicone.
                              I learnt something new today. Thanks, Saresha!

Comment

Working...
                              X