Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo Recs for 'Combi' Hair

HI,

i need advise on the above....my ends are dry from the every day washing of my hair...but i have to wash daily cos of my oily scalp....

so far, i've tried shampoos like kerastase dual action, st ives's for oily hair...m currently using the shiseido's mild shampoo for every day washing...but still am waiting for find the perfect pdt that's good for my hair...

i need recommendations......helpppp!!

:shout:

Try this....when washing your hair, concentrate the shampoo near the scalp and avoid applying directly to the ends.

When conditioning, condition only the ends and don't touch the scalp. LMK how it goes!

Comment

i agree with pandora76. also, you might want to stay away from too much styling products anywhere near your scalp. i think things like serum would be fine for the ends, though.

i had that problem before, because i had mighty long hair, but i chopped it off - and my hair's all happy now! i did want to keep the length of my hair, it took me so long to grow it! but the hairdresser said "i'll have to cut this off ok? cannot save anymore" and chop chop chop he went :/

Comment

that sounds similar! hehe...i guess that's probably why i visit my hair stylist quite frequently nowadays...about once every 2 mths..when in the past i would do so only once every 4 mths...sheesh....

my hair is very fine..hence no volume at all....

sighh..how i envy those of you out there..with nice n managable hair.... :roll:

Comment

J.F Lazartique has a pretty good shampoo for oily scalp and dry ends..not sure of the name though but it states for oily scalp & dry ends

Comment

YOu got to try Phyto shampoo for combination hair, it's specially for oily scalp and dry ends.. my fave since it detangles my hair and balance my scalp.

Comment

Hey, my hair has similar condition too. I think you can give Nexus a try. I am using Hydruss moisturizing shampoo and Babassu Mud. The latter acts as a protein treatment and I applied it to the ends of my hair once every week. These two really do wonders to my hair. HTH!

Comment

What is the mud for? where to get it? i'm also facing problems and am losing my hair cos of oily scalp 8O

Comment

Use a hair mask at least once a wk or more! Apply it only on the ends and you'll see the difference soon.
                  I love Ginvera Green Tea Shampoo, just the right texture, not too oily and not too dry.

Comment

what kind of mask are u using on the end ? where to get and how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Kellie
                      what kind of mask are u using on the end ? where to get and how much?
                      I'm using an old version of L'oreal Elseve hair mask, but i've heard many raves abt the newer improved version. It's in an orange tub. Not sure abt the price though. You can find it at Guardian, Watsons, Lee Wah etc.

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                        I'm using an old version of L'oreal Elseve hair mask, but i've heard many raves abt the newer improved version. It's in an orange tub. Not sure abt the price though. You can find it at Guardian, Watsons, Lee Wah etc.
                        Oh that one is good! Ah..thanks! You just reminded me I have a tub somewhere in my room...gonna dig that out and use! :laugh:

Comment

What is the mud for? where to get it? i'm also facing problems and am losing my hair cos of oily scalp 8O
                          Hey, is that qn about Babassu Mud? If it is, it is suppose to be like protein treatment. The hairdresser recommended it because I just had my hair straighten after curling and the condition was really bad. The mud helps, since I'm too lazy to go for protein treatment.

Have you tried Regaine for hair loss? It works!!

Comment

where to get Regaine? How much is it?

Comment

where to get Regaine? How much is it?
                              Regaine is for men. It is not meant for use by women because I think some ingredients in it can cause health problems on women.

There is I think another version created for women.

Comment

Working...
                              X