Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you dry your hair?

do you rub your hair dry or pat?
    i remember reading somewhere before that rubbing your hair dry will cause it to be frizzy but i'm not sure if its true.

i just squeeze all the excess water out with my hands. lightly pat it with my towel and then leave it to dry naturally. i'm too much of a klutz with a hairdryer on one hand and a brush on the other.

Comment

I always rub awhile before i leave it to dry or blow dry. Erm didn't know rubbing can cause frizziness.

Comment

I just let it dry naturally..

Comment

Wow. for me.., just put the towel on my hair, rub.rub.rub. Comb, leave it to dry. That's it. heh.

Comment

lovedust: hee.. IIRC, that was the only time i read about this. thought maybe rubbing causes static? u know like when u rub a balloon on ur hair? lol.. my own theory.
            maybe not frizziness? flyaway hair then..

Comment

like i always say, i seldom care about my hair.

Comment

i will also choose to towel dry my hair abit, and then to let it be naturally dry

guess its better than to blowdry

Comment

I'll squeese all the water out from my hair, wrap it up with my towel and walk around the house for around 5 mins, take it off and dry it in front of a fan.

Comment

-Squeeze water out from hair

-Put hair in in a turban

-brush my teeth, do my skincare

-Let go of turban & air dry!

Comment

haha yes stella, the "turban" method. think quite a few people do it too

oh yes, once again, my failing memory strikes me. but from the back of my head i recall something about not brushing your hair when its wet, cos it might give split ends?

okay it sounds a lil silly now...
                      Last edited by saphiration; 22-09-2004, 04:25 PM.

Comment

i have to blow dry my hair every morning. If i wait for it to dry naturally, i'll be late for sch...

Comment

It's true that you should not rub your hair with a towel, rather you should just squeeze out the excess water gently.

I usually squeeze out the excess water, let it air dry for a short while before blow drying. Can't really air dry coz it takes at least 2 hours for my thick long hair to dry, even longer during winter.

Comment

hrmm.. but isn't blow drying back to the ends of your hair as well? thought it causes your hair to lose moisture?

Comment

Too much blowdrying is of coz bad for hair, but there's really nothing I can do about it. Unless I want to walk around with wet hair in winter and freeze to death. I do try to air dry my hair during the hotter months. Anyway with blowdrying you just really have to protect your hair prior to using the blowdryer. Use a leave in conditioner or protective spray. Also do not use the hair dryer till your hair is 100% dry, around 80% is fine. I only wash my hair every other day, so it's not too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X