Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min time between hair color jobs?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Is there a general guideline as to the minimum time between colorings? Coloring can be quite damaging to my hair and I don't want to "overdose".

My hair grows very fast and I can see roots after one month. I am thinking of coloring every 2 months, but that works out to be 6 times a year! I am not sure if my hair can take it.

Any ideas? TIA!

i do it like once a month...but only at the roots area when it grows out....

after that i do intensive treatment...

TIA TIA

Comment

The SA told me last time it's best to wait after 3 months ..

Comment

cotters.... :bore: :bore:

this is my latest hair color...too blondish i guess....

Comment

It's really too bright .. in my opinion.

Comment

ppl says this color suits me beTteR

Comment

I think this colour might suit tan girls but on fairer girls, imo too bright and unpleasant looking.

Comment

Now the darker shades are more in fashion..

Comment

I do agree. It's every 3-4 months. I opt for dark shades so if it fades, it's practically not visible.

Also, as my hair is short, I do go for a trim every 8 weeks so my dyed hair gets chopped off anyways haha.

I find visible black roots to be an unsightly contrast against light colour. Unless you 1) have loads of cash to blow to touch up roots every 6 weeks and 2) top up for intensive hair treatments to minimise hair damage, otherwise do opt for dark hues.

Comment

emelainelee: i think it's too bright too.. but then it depends on you skin color as lovedust said. more over after continuous washing.. the color will get darker..

SO like me to have bright colors.. but i find it a hassle cause i'm always tempted to do a touchup once the roots grow out..

thinking of getting a darker shade of brown soon too!

as for the frequency to dye the hair.. i think if it's a touchup.. 3 months should be ok. the hair dress i frequent advised me against coloring my hair too often. then again.. it depends on you hair quality. :note: hope this helps..

Comment

hi hi..ok...but to me i feel comfy with the color....i sometimes get the stares from those ahso....but all in all ...my colleagues say it suits me....so i am happy....

Comment

Thanks for all your opinions....

Think I am throwing in the towel and would go for my coloring after just 2 months, which is a week away. This time I would ask to darken my hair rather than say I want a darker color which never seems to work. I'll end up with a color lighter than what I would have preferred all the time. The stylist just picks the intensity which suits me based on his professional opinion which I appreciate....but my hair just grows so fast! :roll: BTW, my hair color is actually not very light, quite dark actually except it has this unnatural blondish/orangey kinda color which albeit dark is obvious when my black roots grow out.

Comment

Originally posted by emelainelee
                          hi hi..ok...but to me i feel comfy with the color....i sometimes get the stares from those ahso....but all in all ...my colleagues say it suits me....so i am happy....
                          yah! i think what's most important is you like the color! since it's your hair! i think lighter color hair would give people the impression of a livelier and younger feeling!

Comment

Originally posted by echo_nym
                            but my hair just grows so fast! :roll: BTW, my hair color is actually not very light, quite dark actually except it has this unnatural blondish/orangey kinda color which albeit dark is obvious when my black roots grow out.
                            my hair grows SUPER slow!! i wonder if it's just me.

that's one thing i hate about having light colors too! when the hair starts growing.. the black roots looks and the whole hair just looks so :puke: to me sometimes that i wanna cut it all off!

Comment

time to color again...CNY coming...

Comment

Working...
                              X