Apple cider vinegar (ACV) for hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple cider vinegar (ACV) for hair

do i add into my shampoo or the final rinse (mixed with water)?
    what effect does it serves?

it is a prewash
    mix one part water and one part vinegar
    rinse and then shampoo as usual

it is supposed to get rid of product residue in ur hair

if you find it troublesome, a clarifying shampoo works as well

Comment

oh i thought it was for the final rinse, cannot imagine how my hair will smell if thats the case.

is braggs apple cider vinegar ok?

have u tried it before? any effect?

thanks!

Comment

err havent tried braggs but i guess all kinds of apple cider vinegar should be okie

my hair becomes less flatter as there is no more product residue and probably more shiny?

Comment

maybe you can try Federeick Fekkai Apple Cider Rinse? Not available in SG though, gotta buy from States.

some reviews about it here

Comment

thanks but i think i try the cider vinegar tonight..

Comment

Hi!! It's quite rare for people in S'pore to do ACV rinse, But in America, it's quite common. I always use mine as a final rinse after shampoo. It help to stablise the pH of the hair and smoothen the hair cuticles. There was once it came out in the Newpaper that it helps hair growth - i have that article somewhere.

I use about 2 teaspoon in 500mL of water. The smell of the Apple cider is quite strong for me.. so this dilution is okie for me...
              HTH

Comment

i tried it just now, as a pre wash. i mixed 1:8..pretty smelly.
                no effects though. maybe next time i try it as a final rinse.

wow hair growth! all the more should try!

Comment

Hi.. just found some links on the benifits of Apple Cider Vinegar.
                  Will be trying it out...

http://www.uses-for-vinegar.com/remedy.html

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html

Comment

I've tried it a few times as a rinse after shampooing but it didn't do anything for my hair. Maybe cos I still rinse with tap water after that to get rid of the smell so got rid of all the good properties too...?

Comment

Ooh! ACV! I love this! I used to do it every alternate day with Bragg's but stopped when my bottle finish and I was too lazy to replenish it. Anyhow, using it as a pre-rinse or final rinse doesn't make a difference I think, but I prefer the latter, and no, your hair won't smell of ACV! But I like the fact that it keeps my hair soft and smooth.

Comment

Well, for me, i couldn't smell the ACV.. But you might be using too much?? Don't rinse your hair after you use the ACV for final rinse. Sometimes i add essential oils..

Comment

so few tablespoons of ACV to maybe 5 cups of water is it too less?
                          i mix 1:5 for pre wash and i felt the smell was strong..the mixture dripped onto my lips and i could taste the mixture..

wahhahaha

Comment

I used bout 3 capfuls to bout 5-6 cups of water. The smell was quite strong to me cos I don't like vinegar in the first place. Was also worried others would smell it on me...

Comment

hehe perhaps i should go back to neutrogena anti residue shampoo..
                              i find it works quite well too..

Comment

Working...
                              X