Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colouring or Perming first?

Which should I do first?

I want to colour my own hair and is thinking of going to the saloon for a perm before DIY. It's for my sis's wedding....

What's the time period I should leave in between?

Thanx for your help!

perm then colour cause if you colour first, the chemicals used in the perm would cause the colour to lighten (fade? i don't remember the correct term)

if you're doing it in a salon, they can do it in the same day (just be prepared to have a really sore butt at the end of it) but if you intend to DIY, i'm not too sure, perhaps it's best you ask your stylist before perming?

Comment

ok, thanx!!!

Comment

Perm first but it's best not to do it on the same day as it will cause damage to your hair.

Comment

Yup. Should perm first. If you colour it, and then perm, you will waste your colouring for the colour will come out from your hair once you perm it. The colour will be on the perm lotion instead, and your hair will have those faded colour. Perm it and then rest for at least two weeks before colouring.

Comment

have u girls done jap hairstyle before?

if so, do u usually perm?

i've asked that question in another thread n haven't gotten a reply yet...

i need to get my hair done up by 16/12/04.

so i prob need about at least 2 weeks to perm my hair, then rest 2 weeks n colour it? m i right?

Comment

I did something majorly stupid. I coloured my hair and now i really need to do a magic straight/extenso.

How long do i need for my hair colour to 'rest'? The stupid colour technician keep telling me 'a while, a while'.

How on earth do i know what on earth is 'a while'??!!

Opps, sorry i'm grumpy.

Comment

saw at FEP L4, there is a salon which offer Jap ceramic perm that allows same day colouring. its ingredient are compatible & colour-friendly the poster says. It is not vy glam kind of shop so i didn't take now its name. perhaps cn go ask around.

Comment

Perm first and wait for at least 2 weeks before colouring...

Comment

Originally posted by elainetsai
                    I did something majorly stupid. I coloured my hair and now i really need to do a magic straight/extenso.

How long do i need for my hair colour to 'rest'? The stupid colour technician keep telling me 'a while, a while'.

How on earth do i know what on earth is 'a while'??!!

Opps, sorry i'm grumpy.
                    It depends on ur hair condition really. Usually minimum 'rest period' is 2 weeks. But if ur hair is very dry, better do more treatment and wait first.

Otherwise, no point having straight but 'fried' hair rite?

Comment

there is a new hair dye in the market by loreal that allows one to dye and perm your hair in the same day right??
                      I think i read about it in one of the local magazines, cant remember exactly which one though...

But then again, you wouldn't want to sit there in the salon for like 4-5 hours in a row... it'll be so tiring.....

Comment

I always do perming/rebonding first, then colouring/highlighting.

Most salon offer good enough products to allow both processs in the same day.

Comment

Hi,

its recommanded that you do perming/ rebonding first follow by colouring.

if the process is reversed, the colouring will become very dull. I know coz i did the reverse before, so i experienced it first hand.

=)

Comment

Originally posted by autumnheart
                            I always do perming/rebonding first, then colouring/highlighting.

Most salon offer good enough products to allow both processs in the same day.
                            but still very damaging right? actually, better not to..

Comment

I will also encourage perm first before colouring your hair. It is because your colour might fade off or turns into another shade of colour after interaction with different type of chemicals

Comment

Working...
                              X