X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brushes & Combs

i have neck length fine rebonded hair,
    its flat & kinda thinning.
    ??? kind of comb or brush would your suggest???
    thanks

I'd use a comb because using a brush makes me lose more hair

Comment

I always use a wide tooth comb after shower... brush wise, i have not been using my anna sui for ages.

Comment

i would use a wide tooth comb too. the only time i use a brush is when i blow dry my hair with a round brush.

safest to use a comb especially when your hair is wet

Comment

Originally posted by califit
          I always use a wide tooth comb after shower... brush wise, i have not been using my anna sui for ages.
          Me too! Actually I use a wide tooth comb almost every time I comb my hair, and neglect my Mason Pearson brush badly.

Comment

i use body shop wide tooth comb. any good comb for anti static hair?

Comment

I always use a brush. So is it good or not? Is it right to say that brushes are better for people with lots of hair?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzylee
                I always use a brush. So is it good or not? Is it right to say that brushes are better for people with lots of hair?
                Pure boar bristles might do a good job to soothe flyaways, but so far, i have no luck with that.. hair remains unruly no matter what brand of pure boar bristles i use.

I find wide tooth combs great because its gentler for the hair. Brushes wise, I tend to pull out more hair... Despite having a lot of hair, I dont think I want my hair to be on a thinning curve.

Comment

i use a comb firt to remove the knots, then a quick brush over with the brush.

where can we find good wide tooth combs? i picked mine up for watson but i think its a medium tooth.

Comment

Comb then brush. Comb to detangle the hair after washing my hair. Then brush when my hair is more dry. That's what my hairstylist advised me.

Comment

slightly off topic. how does one clean a boar bristle brush? i washed mine in soapy water and it stank to high heavens.

Comment

Re: comb or brush???

Originally posted by mcdull
                        i have neck length fine rebonded hair,
                        its flat & kinda thinning.
                        ??? kind of comb or brush would your suggest???
                        thanks
                        Seems that many of you support combing instead of brushing. I think since Mcdull mentioned that her hair is kind of flat, i would suggest she use a brush to give more volume. I think snowstar had given a great tip,to comb and brush respectively.
                        Comb to detangle and brush to add volume. How about that?? HTH...

Comment

I use a comb too..on wet hair. And a brush when its dry.
                          Heard brushing wet hair is no good for your hair.

Comment

Brush to give volume.
                            Wide tooth comb to detangle.

Comment

hmm i use a comb when my hair is wet, a paddle brush for blowdrying and my mason pearson mixed bristle brush to finish

Comment

Working...
                              X