Make my permed hair straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make my permed hair straight

anyone can advise me hw to make my permed hair straight w/o having to go to the saloon? does excess brushing help or??

Hi, I have the same problem as u. My curls are TOO TIGHT!! I am washing my hair as often as I can and it loosen abit already. For the curls I have above my ears, I am going back to the salon to get it straighten down to until the ears part. Ooooo, how I wished I have rebonded my hair instead of getting this horrible perm. Sigh.

Comment

hmmm..seems like we are in the same boat..sigh.. think i will have to head back to my salon to get those above my ears straighten again..thats my last resort.

Comment

I was actually thinking of rebonding it. I know it will be unhealthy and all but I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror even. Now when I go out, I have to bun up my hair!!

Comment

me too..was thinking if rebonding is the rite choice..but perhaps not so soon i guess..i know for sure..e rebonded hair wont turn out to be nice..might need some real good leave on conditioner i guess.. (perhaps yamono products?)

Comment

I don't care if my rebonding is not nice, all I want is a average looking hairstyle that doesn't scream "look look I am ugly"
            If I have more money in my wallet, I will go straight to the most reliable salon and get my hair straighten.

Comment

i get what u mean..same goes to me..but arent you afraid that rebonding might further damage your hair? n they turned out to be burnt??

i m really afraid of taking another risk..let me know the after effects if u are going for one..or perhaps e results after you straighten your hair above your ears ya..

Comment

I have worse hair texture before and I believe my hair can take another damage. Hehe. I will be going to straighten the top on coming Monday cause the hairstylist refuse to let me do anything to my hair this week. I perm it on Monday and he say I should let it rest for a week.

He claim that he can put solution on the perms to straighten it out abit. You can try calling up your salon and maybe they can do that too. I wouldn't be straightening out the rest as they are already starting to straighten out on their own. Tell you the results on Monday ya.

Comment

hi girls, sorry to hear you don't like your perms. i had my hair permed once abt 3 yrs ago too, and the curls were also so tight they looked very 'auntie'. i wanted to rebond 3 mths after the perm but my stylist wouldn't let me as he said that my hair was really too dry. so i listened to him and he gave me a really good haircut that made the best of the situation and the curls.

2 mths later (ie a total of 5-6mths after the perm) i decided to rebond my hair at another salon. and i REALLY regretted it!!! my hair was SO damaged it was basically like fried kinky wire. i had to cut ALL my long hair off till ear-length.

i really regretted that move for the nx 2 yrs. hope that you girls won't face the same problem!!

Comment

Nixxy..im waiting for your good news ya..

jo_ee..think i will jus wait for awhile first..today i went to see my hairstylist. what she did was only cut my hair further thinner..asked if i can do a rebonding and she told me to get back to her after CNY...anyway thks for your advise

Comment

redzdust: yeah do see how it goes! not everyone will be as unlucky as me but with things like these it's best to be cautious

Comment

Hey girls, I have decided to leave my hair alone since after a few washes and it kinda straighten out nicely. Not too curly and not too straight. I was thinking of highlighting it but argh, no time!! Hope all goes well for u too redzdust

Comment

I totally understand how u girls feel. My botched rebonding job turned out to be a permed job. Was totally depressed the first night, cant sleep at all and was even thinking of wearing a cap until the curls went out.

Comment

Perm hair takes time to settle down. Stylist usually do it tighter so as to prolong the life of your perm. You can make it looser by styling it. Try pulling it down ward each time u style it and dun despair cos perm gets nicer as time goes by.

Try clipping it up and experiment with different styles. Permed hair is easier to pin up and looks better as compared to doing it on straight hair. Give it some time and u will love ur perm hair.

Comment

Working...
                            X