• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary Perming/Curling

anyone tried this before?

Hows the effect? how long will it last?
    How much? TIA

Hiya, cuppacino gal, my friend did the temporary perm and it only last for a day, the next day when you wash your hair, it will be straight again! Its a good try if you want to see how a perm will look like but don't want the permanent effect.

Comment

u know how much it costs her? ya i want to give it a try!

Comment

Hi Cuppucino, it'll cost around $25 and above,depending on the salons that you go to. Bascally, they set or so called "thong" your hair, giving it a very natural and big wavy curl. But this type of curl is not attainable by perming, but it could still give you a rough idea of how you might look with wavy hair. Otherwise, many people set it for functions. HTH

Comment

thats affordable! i need to do that hair for some event hahathanks alot!!

Comment

Hiya cuppa girl, my friend set her hair at the salon a Bt Purmei, it cost $22.

Comment

sounds like a really good idea to do a temporary perm first before you go into it. though it might be an additional small cost, but its definely worth it IMHO. How i wish i have did a temp perm first before i did the real thing. Though no hard regrets but i can at least save some money and my hair ends from becoming so dry.

Comment

i did the temporary perm in a salon while in Taiwan.... only costs S$2.50
                lasted me till the next time i washed my hair... very satisfied with the results that i bought the curler thongs on the spot!! tried it out yesterday and still very satisfied!
                i like this effect better than that time when i had the permanent perm
                Last edited by lebeeze; 25-02-2005, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I bought the Phillips 8 in 1 ... for hair styling... but yet to try it.. anyone have it ? it can create temp perm as well !!

Comment

I'm keen on doing a temp perm. I would like to perm (or shld i say curl?) the bottom part of the hair. Not the full head. Does anyone know what that perm call? Or how do i describe to the stylist?

Comment

Originally posted by ah_bao
                      I bought the Phillips 8 in 1 ... for hair styling... but yet to try it.. anyone have it ? it can create temp perm as well !!
                      i have that too! tried to curl my hair once but gave up in the end because it is so difficult to curl the back by myself. and simply too tedious to do the whole head as my hair is rather thick.

Comment

will this temp perming cause hair to drop out more?

Comment

not too sure but based on the fact that we're subjecting the hair to high temperature, hair will be damaged in long run and perhaps resulted in hair loss :huh:

Comment

i dun like temp perming

cause my hair damage and hair loss too

Comment

Originally posted by lebeeze
                              i did the temporary perm in a salon while in Taiwan.... only costs S$2.50
                              lasted me till the next time i washed my hair... very satisfied with the results that i bought the curler thongs on the spot!! tried it out yesterday and still very satisfied!
                              i like this effect better than that time when i had the permanent perm
                              is the curler thongs expensive when u get it in taiwan.
                              which part of taiwant is it?
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X