Gary Soh Hair Salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Soh Hair Salon

Hey Stella! I'm right next to u! I go to Gary Soh Hair Salon. Have been going to Gary for as long as I can remember when he used to be at Beauty World.

Go to him if u want to cut your hair short. He has a flair for short hairdo. I had short hair for as long as I can remember ever since I studied in HK. That was the rage then...Faye Wong's short hair-do. When I came back to Sg, I realised that no one can cut my hair the way I like until my ex recommend me Gary.

His sister, Amy is good with long hair cut. Go to her if u prefer to keep your hair. I've seen her attend to her customers and she's very professional.

One advice though...I wouldn't recommend colouring your hair there. Standard is so-so and I always don't get the colour effect I want ***. As for treatment, can't really say...all I tried was their spa hair treatment whenever I need a good head massage. Silky hair effect only lasted for like 4 days? Don't know if this should be the case...

I read from other posts that they are quite pushy with products. When they do, I always say, "Hah? Bu yao ***. " But I do buy my shampoos there from time to time :wink: :wink:
    Last edited by Dimples; 22-02-2005, 02:16 PM.

Hi Stella, Gary charges about $35 - $40, i think.

I have done my coloring there...so far so good and at a good price because i said i have my haircut there before and blah blah blah.. :D I'm not into hair coloring anymore...i find my hairends very dry now.. would rather spend it on hair treatment. That's just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

Rachel, how much does Gary charge for a cut?
      If I don't remember wrongly, it's 37 bucks. *my memory failing me*

Where are my gingko ?

Comment

Originally posted by "raebelasian"

Go to him if u want to cut your hair short. He has a flair for short hairdo. I had short hair for as long as I can remember ever since I studied in HK. That was the rage then...Faye Wong's short hair-do. When I came back to Sg, I realised that no one can cut my hair the way I like until my ex recommend me Gary.
        I was just about to go cut my hair today, but my stylist was fully booked. Looks like I gotta go try out Gary! Rachael, do you have Gary Soh's salon number?? I wanna do the really short crop pixie style, but don't have the guts! I'm having a slightly shorter than chin length bob now... cuz I look kinda young, worried if I cut my hair really short, I'll look like a kid heh... Well, people have thought I looked younger than I actually am

Anyways, I used to go to Chris at Taka Reds. But want a change!

Comment

Tel no: 3346860

He's normally off on Wednesday, not too sure if it's the same during this festive period.

Go for the short pixie haircut!

Comment

Originally posted by "Flowerfairy"

Alright, thanx gal!
            Maybe u and piglet can go get a haircut together

BTW, don't forget the 5 bucks extra during this festive season!

Comment

Hey Rae!

I went for my haircut at Gary's today! The result?? I love it! Thanx for your rec

When he came over, he asked me what I want & I said..."Errrmmm...I dunno". Haha...& then he just started snipping! Oh well...I thought, let him give me hair a refreshing change In fact, it's more or less like what I want! *happy*

I was shocked to see his hairstyle though! Heh...In fact, almost everyone in there had unique hairstyles.

One thing though, I hate the sink! It's different from those where you lie down to get your hair rinsed, this one you sit down & the sink pivots to your height. The whole time my hair was rinsed, I felt the weight of the whole sink on my shoulders! They were aching man...gotta find a way to sit in comfort next time heh...

Comment

Hey all, thanx for your compliments Hee...it was Gary who gave me the nice haircut!

Stella, it was great meeting you too! You're so pretty! For the makeup, which pic are you referring to? Me today or my pics?

Comment

Originally posted by "Flowerfairy"
                  Hey Rae!
                  I went for my haircut at Gary's today! The result?? I love it! Thanx for your rec
                  Great! I'm glad u like your haircut

That's what I normally do when I go to Gary. I just say," I want to cut my hair." No words said and he always turn up with a good job.

Well, I'm not too sure about other salons but I can certainly live with their sinks
                  Last edited by Glossie; 22-02-2005, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Hairdresser, who's yours?

Originally posted by dolphin

Where are you currently going for haircuts and other services? (do list down the location and tel no if you can)
                    I'm a salon hopper! I used to patronise Soh Hair Salon by Gary for cut and colorings. My last haircut was from Reds @ Bugis by Lawrence.

How would you rate your hair stylist on a scale of 10?
                    Gary - 7/10. I find him good for short haircut. This I would rate 8/10.
                    Lawrence - 8/10.

How much does it cost for a cut?
                    About $30 - 40 depending on your hair length.

How often do you go for a cut/trim/other hair services?
                    About 2 - 3 months for haircut. Color - about 4 - 6 months. I hardly do any other hair treatments.

What a coincidence! I go to Gary as well. Have been going to him religiously since 1998 when he was at Beauty World. Yup! You are right. Any gals interested in a short spunky hairdo should go to Gary. His sis, Alice is better with long hair

8/10- Gary for short, spunky hairdo

I do hair treatment and colouring very rarely. I can't endure sitting down long hours and butt hurts. Did my first and last rebonding in October last year. Cannot 'tahan' sitting too long. Otherwise, like to go for their spa hair treatment solely for the massage.

*tahan-endure

Comment

Hi Foxy,

I have his number listed somewhere in the middle of this page

He's located at Parco Bugis beside Reds.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                        I go to Gary Soh Hair Salon. Have been going to Gary for as long as I can remember when he used to be at Beauty World.
                        ermm..where do i go to find him?? his num is still 63346560???
                        Gary..then what building is it? what's the price like?? i never dared to try short hair..but I am very sick of my long hair..
                        Last edited by Glossie; 22-02-2005, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Soh Beauty & Hair Studio
                          #02-42
                          Parco Bugis Junction
                          10.30am to 9.30pm
                          Tel: 63346860

i found his add..hee...okie..I think I am going...

Comment

Hi Liyun,

Gary's salon is just beside Reds at Parco Bugis. I'm sorry I can't remember pricing as I'm really bad at remembering prices but I should believe it ranges from $37 to $45.

Comment

Where can I find Gary Soh? I'm gonna chop off my medium long tresses.. (: Abit hesistant though. Gary's good, aint he?

Comment

Working...
                              X