Le Salon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Salon

Where are you currently going for haircuts and other services? (do list down the location and tel no if you can)
    i've been getting my hair done at Le Salon Bis by Anthony since I was 15! only cheated on him twice, both of which i definitely regretted.
    the salon's at taka level 1 i think, tel 67388006.

How would you rate your hair stylist on a scale of 10?
    i would give him an 8/10.
    firstly, his cuts are really fab and last forever - i havent done anything to my hair since before CNY and no one can tell! it does help that it's long of course, but even when it was short, the hair style stayed.
    furthermore, my hair is very difficult to cut - it's fine, flat AND wavy (all curls to one direction) so it's a pain in the ass to cut! most hair-stylists cannot deal with it at all. maybe you want to give him a try ponine?
    lastly, he's usually super trendy and he automatically knows what kinda hair-style im talking about despite my vague descriptions ("er, something new, quite wavy, new la.") and he's very patient!

How much does it cost for a cut?
    $98. but the ClearCard gets you 30% off or a free hair cut when you dye your hair! v v worthwhile.

How often do you go for a cut/trim/other hair services?
    Usually every three months. sometimes six. im very cheapo.

im really in love with my hairstylist! yay! he's already agreed to do my hair if i get married, heh.
    Last edited by Dimples; 22-02-2005, 09:59 PM.

Le Salon Bis is one of my fave salon too. But alas, my stylist left. Also the price of 1 haircut is a killer even with the Clear Card because my short hair needs a trim every 6 weeks. So i've switched to Shunji Matsuo instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
      Oh.. is it a credit card ? Can the noraml Citibank CC do ? :huh:
      not Dimples......only the Citibank Clear Card carries the discount.

Comment

yeap yeap! Keiko is right! it's the plain ole Citibank Clear Card. If you're working it's actually quite a good card to get, esp for us shopaholic females, thanks to the discounts you'll get.

the price is quite steep, but after discount only S$65! a steal if you consider that the haircut will last about 3 months (if you're not tt picky), working out to a little more than $21/month?

thanks for the compliments - it's all really his work! he always complains about how flat and limp my hair is, and how he can't layer too much or else it'll become wavy and unruly - it's truly a challenge! especially since i keep asking for "new" styles all the time thanks to my short attn span.

i really think he's worth the money. now they're offering special packages (eg 10 haircuts at 30% discount), which are transferable (ie you can share amongst a group of friends) and valid for two years from date of purchase. however, thanks to the prices, you'll be forking out almost $1000 for most packages - v big investment! only worth it if you and a group of friends are diehard Le Salon Bis fans.

bleah. gushed a lot already. i just like my hair stylist lots!

Comment

Blah.. i dun have the clear card. How does it look it anyway? Haha... i only own the normal Citibank credit card.

hehe.. think i have to save for a long time b4 i can afford a $100 haircut !

Comment

it's black and literally clear. should get it if you use your cards quite a bit!

the haircut is very ex, but im addicted to my hair-stylist already so i have no choice. can't let anyone else cut my hair! and hair colouring is even more ex - i spend $470 each time i go there! even after discount! sigh. but saving money now so i'll be sticking to my natural hair colour from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
              Blah.. i dun have the clear card. How does it look it anyway? Haha... i only own the normal Citibank credit card.

hehe.. think i have to save for a long time b4 i can afford a $100 haircut !

Think subscription for 1st year is free. Perks not as good as the regular card though

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                it's black and literally clear. should get it if you use your cards quite a bit!

the haircut is very ex, but im addicted to my hair-stylist already so i have no choice. can't let anyone else cut my hair! and hair colouring is even more ex - i spend $470 each time i go there! even after discount! sigh. but saving money now so i'll be sticking to my natural hair colour from now on.
                Omigosh.. $470 !!! :puke:

By the way, is this the saloon with the very famous director who do haircuts for Hk stars or something ?

Comment

Yah.. I've got my hair coloured twice at Le Salon... hmm...heart always ached from paying so much for the colour job.

But I will still go, for the last time, this May :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                    Yah.. I've got my hair coloured twice at Le Salon... hmm...heart always ached from paying so much for the colour job.

But I will still go, for the last time, this May :roll:
                    sigh. i can sympathise. i just realised it's actually a lot of money... sigh. and not really worth it for my hair. so i have decided to stop dyeing my hair! but everytime i go there, my hair stylist would tempt me... sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
                      Le Salon Bis is one of my fave salon too. But alas, my stylist left. Also the price of 1 haircut is a killer even with the Clear Card because my short hair needs a trim every 6 weeks. So i've switched to Shunji Matsuo instead.
                      Can I ask who's the hair stylist who left? *kaypoh*

Comment

For Le Salon, does anyone have a rec for a colorist? ataraxia perhaps? i'm soo tempted to go after hearing your rave but will try and see if any friends have the citibank card. i suppose a USA issued card won't work =(

thanks!

Comment

Elvina and I just had our hair cut at Le Salon today. It's Elvina's first time, but I've been going there for awhile. My stylist used to be Cindy, with whom I was very happy with, till she left. They offered me a freebie cut with her replacement, Desmond, who, IMO, is excellent. In between, I tried Henri at The Hair Shop, but he was a disappointment I have thick, coarse hair, FWIW, and this is the best it's been since I cut it short.

Senior stylists charge $79, but with Citibank Clear, it's only $55. Karen has another colour tech (Danny, right?), but mine is Sybil. Incidentally, we had a rare sighting of Kim Robinson today (recognise him from TV).

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                            Can I ask who's the hair stylist who left? *kaypoh*
                            Sorry Rac, didn't see your post till now. I used to go to Bernie and after he left, i went to another gal whose name i can't r'ber (think i need gingko) and she also left. Then i discovered Shunji.....

Comment

Ataxaria, you got me all excited
                              So with the Citibank Clear card, you get free haircut for colour services? Any idea how much is a dye job?
                              Last edited by satinchris; 28-07-2003, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X