L'oreal Studio HOT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L'oreal Studio HOT Series

Loreal Studio HOT - the new hair product that Beyonce is endorsing. It helps protects hair from heat during crimping/ironing/curling your hair. What most girls need!

There are 2 types, one for straightening, one for curling. I tried the straightening one today at TaMPINES mALL's Guardian Promo area where there is promo for lorea. Well, i think it's really good!! As in, i could see my hair being tamed after the salesgirl smooth a little of the straightening cream on my hair. and it feels abit smooth after that, feels like i just put conditioner but its not that oily. Oh, and the smell's very fruity!

The sales girl did not try using crimper or hot itron on my hair though, so i not sure if it does help from protecting heat, but the salesgirl did explain something about this ingredient inside that protects hair from heat.

You know what's best? It cost only $7.90! (promo price) Usual $8.90! It's worth the try!

I had just bought the Hot Curl Spray Series yesterday.. And i had applied it this morning. I had followed strictly to the instruction given, apply the spray first, then followed by hot thongs or a hairdryer over it..
    Guess what, it even makes my curl hair less curl, less defined.
    Worst that i applied my ususal mousse, which my hair stylist had recommened.. Though it only selling at $7.90, but it did really disappoint me..
    Sob sob.

Comment

ya the product sucks..I bot the hot straight but guess what after a while my hair became frizzier...really disappointed with loreal nowadays...

Comment

Grape, don't give up on this yet. On first application of the Hot Straight, I hated it too - my hair felt coarse and dry. Then later I realised that it works well when I use it on wet/damp hair. Spread the stuff evenly over the hair, let it air dry, then style with the hot iron/hairdryer. Next day, I wake up to hair that seems smoother and glossier - strange huh? :eh:

Comment

i bought a bottle of hot straight from loreal coz i hearsome good reviews from my polymates tired it and think its not bad...
          used it with a hair dryer and a round brush comb like adviced and the result came out really straight and nice was quite impressed as it was my first time using it.
          on the second time i used it some painful pimplish thing has started developing...
          ... think its because i applied the pdt too near my hair roots or sumting coz it made my scalp really oily
          ....anyone knw how do i get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by bunnibelle
            Grape, don't give up on this yet. On first application of the Hot Straight, I hated it too - my hair felt coarse and dry. Then later I realised that it works well when I use it on wet/damp hair. Spread the stuff evenly over the hair, let it air dry, then style with the hot iron/hairdryer. Next day, I wake up to hair that seems smoother and glossier - strange huh? :eh:
            you mean you slept with the product on your hair? i thought its not good to sleep with hair products due to buildup of things on hair not good?

the reviews not so good for this product eh?

Comment

Yep - I do apply this at night after shampoo-ing since it's too much of a rush in the mornings! When using this at night, I just make sure that I don't overload the hair with too much (just a 50 cent coin amt for my long hair) and I keep it away from the scalp at all times. It's pretty easily absorbed so I think it's not much different from the leave-in conditioning treatments.

Well as for the pdt, on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 6.5. Nothing out of this world, but does a decent enough job of keeping my wayward hair tamed.

Comment

I've tried this... quite ok I suppose, nothing to shout about. Feels like a normal leave-in. I feel that loreal's standard dropped quite a bit...

Comment

Ya I tired yest. Followed exactly what they says. Not really straight but make hair more "tame" only. But its really very soft after using it.

But one thing I'm not so sure, the instructions only mention *** after completely dry ur hair use the crimper. After *** ***'s next?? Leave it or wash it off. they *** say ***! Then I thought was not safe to leave it so I rinse off with water after using the crimper. Is it the right way??

Comment

Oh no, don't have to wash it off right away! Apply the stuff, wait for hair to dry, straight iron the hair and leave it that way till your next shampoo.

But you're right, the instructions are so darn vague. All it says behind the bottle is to use a "nut sized amount on damp hair". I went up to the promoter and asked her "what kind of Nut are you referring to?" Turns out they meant quite a big nut

Comment

Originally posted by bunnibelle
                      Oh no, don't have to wash it off right away! Apply the stuff, wait for hair to dry, straight iron the hair and leave it that way till your next shampoo.

But you're right, the instructions are so darn vague. All it says behind the bottle is to use a "nut sized amount on damp hair". I went up to the promoter and asked her "what kind of Nut are you referring to?" Turns out they meant quite a big nut
                      Aiyo! I *** *** dun need to wash argh... Oh well.. next round then I hv to leave it on then. Hw was ur effect after using it?

Comment

I think my hair appears less wavy and frizzy after applying this lotion. For best results, you'd need to use the straightening iron though. HTH!

Comment

well i think the effect is quite minimal..but first try I tried convince myself the effect was good. did make my hair tamer but not straighter as it claims. won't use it again as I think it makes my hair bit oily...

Comment

Working...
                          X