Straightening brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straightening brush

Anyone try using this tool before...i saw them in watson selling....it it quite bulky....like temporary straighten the hair...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dinga; 25-04-2005, 11:00 AM.

i saw a hairdresser use this on my cousin's hair....really can straighten but with the use of hairdryer + this brush.

Comment

My sister's using this! She always applies hair serum/wax on her hair first, then blow dries her hair whilst combing it through with the brush. The brush is really only effective when used together with a blowdryer.

She also alternates the usage of the brush with a flat-iron tong. Although her hair does look sleeker, it has become rather dry and coarse. Perhaps this is the result of 'overheating' her hair?

Overall, I would say that it's very time-consuming, and recommended only if you're willing to spend at least 20minutes doing up your hair every morning!

Comment

Hi Candice,
        so is your sister using the brush selling at watsons??

Comment

I'm using this too! This helps to straighten/smoothen/flatten my roots that have grown out from rebonding. Got mine from watsons sometime back, but I'm using the vidal sasson one.

Comment

need to blow dry will see the effect right??

Comment

Originally posted by dinga
              Hi Candice,
              so is your sister using the brush selling at watsons??
              Yes, she is!

angeline78 -> yes, you need to blowdry to achieve the effects, which is why lazy me doesn't bother with it

Comment

Originally posted by Candice
                Yes, she is!

angeline78 -> yes, you need to blowdry to achieve the effects, which is why lazy me doesn't bother with it
                haha ya..blow -> will dry up hair end...

Comment

Hi,do you find that the bristles of the brush are hard, is it very hard to brush your hair??

Comment

i've got this for sale.. PM me if anyone is interested. :D

Comment

dinga: the bristles are hard, but I think the purpose's to give that "grip" (sorry not sure how to describe )so that it straightens the hair while you blow it with a hair dryer.. it's not really meant for brushing hair like a regular brush. It's more like a styling tool IMO.

I used to use a large paddle brush whilst blow drying.. but the sleekness never lasted more than half and hr.. so this brush really is a good discovery for me..the straightening effect lasts the whole day!
                      Last edited by princess_lea; 20-05-2005, 01:27 PM.

Comment

I think the brush can only create straight hair with the help of blowing? esp by hair stylist since they are more professional and has been using it regularly.

Comment

Hi,so how do you gals blow straight your hair...?apply some gel then blow straight your hair...and apply gel again....but mine seems to be frizzer... :Doh:

Comment

I never apply gel on hair I think that could be the cause of the dryness? Perhaps just some leave on conditioner (I'm using one from schwarzkopf and it's really good) will help?

Comment

Hey whats the brand of this hair straightener ;p

Comment

Working...
                              X