CINQ at telok ayer street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CINQ at telok ayer street

hi, has anyone try this saloon? It's pretty new, and saw it published in magazines such as her world(Jan) and Style. I'm tempted to try it out. views?

Heard that Henry from Hair Shop went over :roll: and he is rated to be good?

Comment

haha! tried him when he was still at hair shop and he did a very simple cut for me, something any other hair stylist can achieve when I clearly told him" I wanted a change". the rest is history.

Comment

heard raves about henri too. wanted to try him out. looks like i shloud try others instead.

Comment

CINQ at telok ayer street

Has anyone been to CINQ salon at 137 telok ayer street ,Tel : 6223-3380?
          Anyone attended by hairstylist Henri Leong? He is apparently a fav among local celebrities such as Melody Chen and was recommend in aug her world. He charges $75 for haircut.

Comment

Thanks for posting this thread! Ever since my friend mentioned to me about this place two days ago, I've been looking for this salon. The two things she remembered are the salon name is something like 'clinque' and is in Telok Ayer st. My friend was cut by this stylist who used the twisting method but her cut was $65. I'm always looking for this twisting method for the longest time. The first time I had this kind of twisting cut for the whole head was in Hong Kong Island four or five years ago. The results was fabulous even though it was just a trim! Is the best hair cut I ever had in my life.
            Too bad I just have my haircut done in Kenaris last week. Really can't wait to go there...
            Last edited by superBum; 05-11-2005, 09:31 PM.

Comment

hehe.. i think the twisting method quite common ***.. e last 2 hairstylist i've been to uses this twisting method.. hehe

Comment

The cut I had in Hong Kong was quite something to me. My stylist was dressed in formal jacket and pants and the assistant was holding my hair by small sections waiting for the stylist to trim the hair that was out of the twist. The whole haircut( include wash) lasted 1.5h and I think the main reason that it took so long was because they were really going through small sections of hair each time. Of course this haircut was very pricey as it was located in Shangrila hotel itself. Is really an experience cos once you're seated down, you do not have to move to another place to wash your hair cos the basin was next to it and on top of the basin was the mirror! Everything was automated. It's really cool at that time.
                Asked my friend about CINQ, she said her stylist is Henri. She said the stylist also said this method is actually very common but nobody actually twist the whole head because it is very time consuming. My friend said Henri cut her hair using only the twisting method. I'm really dying to try...Anymore reviews?
                Last edited by superBum; 06-11-2005, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Hi

What's twisting method?

Comment

Thanks SuperBum! Finally I got some reviews!
                    Henri is the fav among some local tv stars (can't remember their names) and he is well-known to be very detailed and meticulous, spending long time to trim customers' hair.--as quoted in herworld magazine.

Personally I have tried this twisting method at peter and guys at wisma a few years ago but the overall effect wasn't that fantastic. The stylist May did twisting for a small portion of my hair only.

I wanted to try Kenaris too! It's a pretty new salon. How was your cut and who was the hairstylist?

Comment

My stylist is Ken Wong and he charges $69 for one haircut. Been to him twice for a trim each time and I think he 's okay okay only but at least he listens to what I want not like others stylists, when I said I want a slight trim, they always end up cutting alot. My hair grows painfully slow so I really appreciate stylists that know how to trim.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty123
                        Hi

What's twisting method?

I'll try my best to explain. When you twist your hair ( small sections each time), few strands of hairs will tend to poke out and then the stylist will cut those 'poke' hair. But I have no idea about those who have one length hair. Hope this can help you.

Comment

Finally going to try Henri tomorrow(Friday! Hope I can get an appointment with him

Comment

CINQ is opened by 5 guys...Henri is 1 of them....Vincent is my stylist.......I have been with them sinced their Hair shop days

Comment

Originally posted by superBum
                              Finally going to try Henri tomorrow(Friday! Hope I can get an appointment with him
                              woa...you going to try him after soo long? And you still remembered this post? Gd luck! and keep us posted!

I tried a couple of hairstylists between these months and I think there is a high possibility that I will go back to one of them again, from urbanhair by ginrich.

Comment

Working...
                              X