Olive Oil for Hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive Oil for Hair?

Idamaged my hair, what with my colorings and rebondings .... So i was reading the forum right...and i came across one which said olive oil is great for the scalp. Does anyone know where i cn get olive oil?

Can someone advise??

Also was thinking of perming my hair. Not too sure whether ceramic or digital is best?

Appreciate any reply!

Tks loadz...
    Last edited by duckiee; 13-11-2005, 02:13 PM.

naybe you can try body shop.. they have wide randes of hair care in olive oil..

Comment

Frostylady: You can search for more info under the thread " All about perms"

http://forums.cozycot.com/showthread.php?t=4022

And the search button is very useful

Comment

You can get olive oil from Watson's, the pharmacies, even some grocery shops and chinese medical halls.
        Uh, perhaps perming isn't advisable since you're trying to recover your damaged hair. Go for a treatment and trim instead?

Comment

tks fer the advise gals.. got the olive oil today at watsons.. yup i wasnt really sure abt the perm too.. maybe i'll *** get a trim + treatment.

Comment

Hi frostylady, I am abit busybody I also recommend you go for treatment as it will definitely help alot If you are staying in the west, there is a salon which I find not bad at Bangkit (Bukit Panjang), I alwasy go there for treatment PM me for contact number if you are interested
            Last edited by dophin; 13-11-2005, 11:11 PM.

Comment

i just use the extra virgin olive oil you use for cooking, and add some lavender essential oil. have been using it since i was little.

Comment

Originally posted by dophin
                Hi frostylady, I am abit busybody I also recommend you go for treatment as it will definitely help alot If you are staying in the west, there is a salon which I find not bad at Bangkit (Bukit Panjang), I alwasy go there for treatment PM me for contact number if you are interested
                Hi! Yup am staying at cck. The salon is at Bangkit? How much is it? I am getting super sianz with my hair.. ARgh!! :wow:

Comment

anyone tried using olive oil as a pre-shampoo treatment for dandruff, oily and sensitive scalp? what brand is good? thanks!

Comment

i use ginvera olive oil to tame my flyaways and also to make my hair feel smoother.
                    dont use too much, otherwise the hair will all stick together, looking wet and dirty. hehe..

Comment

for those using olive oil as a pre-wash treatment, how much do u apply? do u apply until ur hair is literally coated with oil? or just a bit? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Dewy View Post
                        for those using olive oil as a pre-wash treatment, how much do u apply? do u apply until ur hair is literally coated with oil? or just a bit? thanks!
                        Usually, I put until my hair ends are coated with olive oil.
                        Then I washed it with shampoo so and it won't be oily after that.

But I have a problem.
                        Olive oil do not solve my fly-away

Any other way?

Comment

I am using Olive Oil from last year. Before that I am facing hair fall problem. But now it help me a lot my hair become smoother than before and now no hair fall. It is really good for hair.
                          Last edited by Laureen; 13-05-2009, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Hi Cotters,

I have a wonderful recipe for smooth shiny silky tresses. We follow this in India...

1 tbsp Olive oil (pls buy the olive oil which is esp meant for skin and hair and not for eating. Also make sure u dunt buy a fragranced one- u will find olive oil in Mustafa)
                            1/2 tbsp Almond oil (again non fragranced)
                            1/2 tsp ground fenugreek seeds

Mix all the ingredients and heat it on low flame. Semi cool the mixture. Pour it in a dish and apply in portions to the entire scalp wt a cotton ball.

Leave it on for 1 hour massaging with ur fingertips and take steam in ur hair.

Wash hair after one hour. Do this trtmt twice a week and see all ur scalp probs diminishing.

Happy Tress Care

cheers

Reena

Comment

I might be the only person not to love olive oil in hair. I found that when I put it in the other week my hair it turned hard to manage and static-y. It has only now returned to normal

Comment

Working...
                              X