Red,red,red hair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red,red,red hair!

I wanna dye my hair bright red like Stefanie Sun on the cover of her latest album (see pic below)so that it would be visible indoors. But would it be extremely damaging to my hair since you absolutely cannot avoid bleaching?

Also, if it fade to brown within a week, it's not value for money eh?

Any salons which does red hair very well to recommend?
    Attached Files

I have tried doing red before and the colour turned dull after a month or so. If you are looking at a fresher red, you got to bleach your hair which is obviously very damaging. On bleached hair or not, red doesn't really stay on for long. I have tried umpteen times.

Comment

Hi actually I've done red hair before but it's not extremely obvious unless it's stll under the light. And whenever I get my hair dyed red, it's consistently been like this.

Was thinking about going to Far East Plaza salons to try fresh red colours. Anyone has any suggestions?

Comment

perhaps u can try chapter 2. the colourist there gave my friend a funky red. very

Comment

my red hair didnt last me for long. it turned back to brown (my old color) within a month, even when im using the colour saving shampoo i bought from the saloon. so disappointing.

Comment

colour depositing shampoos & conditioners are very important!

you might want to do a search on the makeupalley hair board, there are some recommendations for such shampoos and conditioners.

Comment

I coloured my hair fire engine red once. Did it at Action Hair at Paragon but I *think* they've moved to Far East. Loved it! I thought she did a good job but it was also obscenely expensive (at least to me).
              Also, it faded to a mousy brown pretty fast. I think that's to be expected with reds though. It was also hard to strip out of my hair when I later wanted to change colours...
              Last edited by kitty; 16-11-2005, 08:42 PM.

Comment

bright and funky colours don't really last... and for them to show up really well you need to bleach your hair!!
                colour care shampoos are important but they give me dandruff (too moisturising??)... so i just stick to black hair - hassle free and shinier!! in the long run it keeps your hair healthier too :D
                (i've bleached my hair 4 times and dyed pink/purple 3 times... regret!! cuz nice colours never last..)

Comment

i wan this red!

anyone has any idea where can i get someone to make my hair like the picture below? i need a colour change for my hair. best is not too ex. i'm not too wealthy noww.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...r/DSCN0962.jpg

Comment

samantha87, i did that kinda red streaks before, during last CNY. it didn't last for even a month. i heard from my hair stylist that you gotta take very good care when it comes to red hair colour cause it will fade off very easily. i did mine at Kimage. quite ex but effects not too bad.

Comment

this red?
                      the reddest me

i found this kind of colour is 'either-you-like-it-or-not' thing
                      Last edited by brumeux; 19-12-2005, 03:02 PM.

Comment

well well. ive red hair now. highlighted red. now i have red hair! =)) turns out pretty well. bright n well-done hair. i change my base to black. from bit of bronze-brown to black. big big change!

Comment

Red Hair!

Hi everyone! I'm new here and YESH
                          I love the thought the having red hair too! It's just that everytime I highlight my hair, I refuse to bleach it...so everytime it turns out to be copper-red...not really the kind of red I want...

So I've decided to bleach the parts to be highlighted this Dec!!

Thinking of either Kimage or this saloon called Hair Harem =)

Wish me luck!

Comment

hey hey.. can i just ask.. i dont want red.. i want other colors.. like blue how.. i called salon they said such colors need bleaching first.. i read thru the posts and found that some of u didnt really bleach to get red.. so is it an option? any recommendations as well? cheap n good? i want for xmas occasion also! but the colors wont last so i prefer to spend more money on xmas goodies than my hair =/

Comment

Just asking for opinion, does red suit permed hair? I want to do colour for my recently permed hair but not too keen on brown.

Comment

Working...
                              X