Bobbi Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbi Brown

What are their cannot be missed star products? I've never really had the urge to try out this brand before ... I guess her "everything brown" philosophy turns me off a little bit.

Re: Bobbi Brown

their lip shimmer gloss...looks like melted sugar on lips but sticky. i like them anyway. colours to look out for kir sugar(brownish red very pop shade), ruby sugar(plum kinda red) & my faves...rose sugar(pink) & cocoa sugar(plain brown). cons tho is the brush that frayus big time even the new improved ones. 26dec there wld be a free scoop II lip shimmer gloss with any purchase, u might wanna pick up something them.

Comment

Remember that rave period about that eyeliner?? i've the one in violet ink, now THIS is something that you cannot miss out on! their powder blushers not bad also...but i just think that it's too overpriced for a so-so brand...

Comment

I don't have any BB at all! But I have heard raves, raves, raves about the gel eyeliners. Might be worth a try!

Comment

Originally posted by "Pauline"

Remember that rave period about that eyeliner?? i've the one in violet ink, now THIS is something that you cannot miss out on! their powder blushers not bad also...but i just think that it's too overpriced for a so-so brand...
          i want the hunter gel e/liner for the longest time, till now cannot justify getting a whole pot i wld not use much. how long hv u had yrs & how much left of the pot now?

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

What are their cannot be missed star products? I've never really had the urge to try out this brand before ... I guess her "everything brown" philosophy turns me off a little bit.
            Hahahahah!!! She ain't called Bobbi BROWN for nothing!!! I agree, BB is not the most exciting line out there.....but she has some nice things....the gel eyeliner, which I once wanted, but now I've given up on liquid liners completely; and her lipglosses are supposed to be nice....but I find them unbearably sticky. If you have short hair it shouldn't be an issue though. Oh, and don't forget her infamous Shimmerbrick! This is very pretty, but alas, it turned out too bronzey on me.

Comment

Nah ... I have no desire to try that Shimmerbrick out either. I kinda like looking pale & frail.

I've got the gel liners in Violet Ink & in Blue ... they are very good!

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Oh, and don't forget her infamous Shimmerbrick! This is very pretty, but alas, it turned out too bronzey on me.
                Well, duh! I DO have some BB! I have the shimmerbrick! I shouldn't post when I'm not fully awake. I actually have one shimmerbrick that I'm using and one that I've got hoarded! :wink: I love it!

Comment

a foolproof line if you're not really into makeup imo but for us folks, just *yawn* but i've heard good things about her gel liners, blushes, e/s and heck, just about everything

i hate the lipglosses tho' - too sticky and pigmented for my taste, i like sheer-ish lipglosses

the only item i own is the shimmerbrick and i use it as a highlighter for a nice glow; i can wear bronzers, or rather, i've no wish to

Comment

Fabulous beauty buys at Isetan today, along with sale on most designer clothings, bags, shoes, etc.

I lost my mind at Bobbi Brown after knowing about the GWP they are having. Free Scoop 2 lipgloss with any BB purchase, and the gloss comes with the new brush, not the black stiff brush. With $180 purchase, you get a Scoop2 lipgloss, a Sand pink shimmer lipstick, a lengthening mascara in smoke (dark brown), and a BB zippered pouch. All GWP are full size items.

1 bagged 2 shimmerbricks (possibly one for swap as i can't find anything else to buy), 1 gloss stick lipstick in Mauve and 1 concealer brush. Both the lipstick and concealer brush are out of stock, paid for them in advance and will collect them when the stock comes in. The new gloss lipsticks are really nice, very glossy and sheer,i hope it will wear as well as it looked on the back of my hand.

I love the shimmerbrick! Have the violet gel liner but didn't get pass to using it a couple of times. Somehow just can't get it right, and have to stick to more fool-proof powder liners and eye kohls

Comment

i wld not make it to BB on time for the scoop II promo but prob just as well coz i plan to check Poole L/g for more shades to add to my collection. the gloss l/s are the sheer shimmer gloss? they are nice, i like how shimmery sheer they are but $35 is a whopping price to pay for it! & tt zippered pouch is uber cute(isn't this the cylindrical one?)!

Comment

The only thing I like from BB is their gel eyeliner and their ultra-fine eyeliner brush to use with it. I have Violet Ink.... thinking of getting Sepia... which is a dark brown.

Comment

Originally posted by "farahdean"

i wld not make it to BB on time for the scoop II promo but prob just as well coz i plan to check Poole L/g for more shades to add to my collection. the gloss l/s are the sheer shimmer gloss? they are nice, i like how shimmery sheer they are but $35 is a whopping price to pay for it! & tt zippered pouch is uber cute(isn't this the cylindrical one?)!
                          Coincidentally i stopped by Escentuals just now too! #4 gloss is definitely calling out to me. I think #2 or #3 is nice too, like a sheer peachy orange. #5 is a berry, a tad too dark for me. I happen to check the poole e/s too, they are pretty! #1 is recommended as a blush/ e/s in MUA productville, somewhat close to nars sins. They are shimmery but not overly shimmery or frosted. Some colours are nice highlight colours too.

Yeah... $35 is quite a price to pay for a lipstick. I think they are new (havent kept up with MUA ) - in names of mauve, burnt sugar etc. They are sheer and glossy, not creamy or frosted like the shimmer lipsticks. I can't remember exactly what they are called - gloss shimmer stick or something. Didn't check for review before buying it, just hope it works ok. The pouch is the cylindrical one, black and simple, useful one to have.

Many other great beauty buys, mostly generous GWPs which rarely come by

Comment

it's shimmer gloss sticks...i like a few of them but no, i shall be good. & yes yes poole get #4 l/g! i think #5 is too dark too...hmmm think i shall just stop @ l/g for poole. i must be good & not spend too much!

Comment

Since we're at it, I may as well add that BB's 'Spring look' looks suspiciously similar to Stila's 'Apres Ski' look! The colours in the Stila resort collection that go with Apres Ski - Cocoa Bloom blush and Brooke lipstick, look more or less like the blush and the lippie that the BB model is wearing.

Hmmm.

Comment

Working...
                              X