Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kabuki Brush

Hello!!
    Need the feedback from Kabuki brush owners!
    Especially those who tried Cat's and Chanel's.
    Comparison between these two would be even better
    From what I've read on MUA, Cat is still softer and slightly fuller.
    Keen to know if it's worth paying USD14 more for the Cat.
    Thanks.

I have both Chanel and Cat's. I prefer the Cat. I find the Chanel one slightly denser than the Cat and its nice that it comes in its own velvet pouch. But the Cat one is really so so soft! I like this better than the Chanel. The Chanel one is still good though. If you're planning on using the kabuki for applying mineral foundation, I would definitely recommand the Cat. You can really feel the difference between the 2 when buffing the foundation in. The Chanel feels a little bit pokier while the Cat one feels soft. However for normal powder application, it doesnt really matter as much.

Comment

Never tried the Cat but I have a Chanel. It's really dense - great for when I want a heavier powder application. It was pokey but the bristles seemed to have softened over time.

Comment

I owned the Chanel too (note past tense), but I never really got used to the pokiness of the bristles.

Anyway, I don't use a brush to apply powder, I prefer a puff for more precision. For a light dusting of highlighter, or to brush off excess powder, nothing beats my RMK face brush (squirrel hair!!)....so luxuriously soft!!!

Comment

The Cat kabuki was a major splurge for me, but it is truly worth every penny! I use it for applying mineral foundation, so I use it every day. It is SO soft, and nice and dense. I it!

Comment

Thank you girls! I guess Cat's the one to get!
            Did try the Chanel b4 starting this thread, yeah, I agree tt it pokes but it's so dense and so well shaped. Now I understand why it attracted attention

Comment

Hey BB's kabuki brush looks good....very round and fluffy like my head......heee

Farah shld know when it wld be here I think

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                Off topic... but i'm wondering what exactly is a Kabuki Brush used for? And why is it soo short huh?

Is it used for loose powder ? Cannot be for 2-ways cake right? Hmm... i'm confused.

:sotong:
                I use my Chanel Kabuki for loose powder as well as two way cakes. Kabuki brushes are much denser than a regular powder brush so it deposits more product. Best when I want a heavier look.

Comment

I've got a Cat Kabuki that I use for mineral foundations and for Stila IPF. Cute, short, dense little brush ... use it everyday and love it!
                  Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2004, 06:02 PM.

Comment

i love my cat kabuki too! use it for my mineral foundation and sometimes loose powder. this is so so soft, more expensive than the chanel one but totally worth it!

Comment

Yep, it was a splurge for me too - but so so so worth it!
                      Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2004, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Ditto! I love my Cat Kabuki and use it for loose powder previously. Now it's sitting there waiting for me to get a powder foundation to use it on.
                        Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2004, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Thanxs for enlightening gers!

Hmm.. if the Kabuki is that dense to be able to deposit 2 way cakes... would it be too much for loose powder?

Btw, Is there REALLY a big difference between using the Kabuki and the normal sponge for the 2 way cake?

Comment

My kabuki works well for loose powders. Using a brush instead of a sponge will give your 2 way a more natural finish.
                            Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                              Oh icic.. i never know can use brush to apply 2 way cake leh.. thanxs for enlightening Stella !
                              I'm the exact opposite. I find it difficult to use a sponge. I always ended up with applying too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X