Yves Saint Laurent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yves Saint Laurent

OK, you all know the usual drill....share your flips and flops from this brand. :wink:

I love their water-resistant mascaras....I've owned them in black, violet and blue and they're all gorgeous!! Minimal smudging and the coloured ones really show up!

I'm also a fan of their Ligne Pure body shaping / cellulite lotion. Best stuff I've used, must be on my 5th or 6th bottle now. RESULTS!!!! :D

And of course...le Touche Eclat....the brainchild of....surprise! Terry de Gunzburg, founder of By Terry! (She used to be head honcho at YSL before moving on.) This is another staple in my makeup stash.

Now I'm curious about their lisse gloss....heard plenty of raves about the colours and textures on MUA. Can anyone comment?
    Last edited by nicole; 07-08-2003, 04:58 PM.

i've used...nothing :o
    their gold packaging is too much for me to handle

Comment

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

i've used...nothing :o
      their gold packaging is too much for me to handle
      Eh, just like how I refuse to use Chanel Irelle blush cos the quilted surface takes me back to those bad ol' bags in the '80s....*LOL*

Seriously though, their e/s duos look stunning....*drool*

A small selection to whet your appetite:
      http://store.nordstrom.com/category/cat_medium.asp?category=2377897~2379264~2379698

Comment

ooh now looking at those pages remind me - i DO have something: babydoll fragrance! i love love LOVE this - so cute and sweet

used to *hate* it in the past, was cheap and cloying to me then, but for some reason, i "discovered" it 2 months ago and just can't do without it now!

Comment

Re: YSL

Ligne Pure body lotion. Touche Eclat....Tried the primer and don't like it. Dol, u use the anti-fatigue concealer rt? Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by "meow123"

Tried the primer and don't like it.
            I used to use this....then I discovered By Terry Enhancer... and the rest, as they say, is history. :wink:

Comment

ooh now looking at those pages remind me - i DO have something: babydoll fragrance! i love love LOVE this - so cute and sweet

used to *hate* it in the past, was cheap and cloying to me then, but for some reason, i "discovered" it 2 months ago and just can't do without it now!
              They had a STUPENDOUS ltd. ed. fragrance recently...forgot what it's called, but it was launched this fall...was it PARIS or something like that? It is NOT the same Paris packaged in that gold bottle on the website, this one came in a pink bottle...I remember smelling it and I was enchanted!

Comment

Love the touch eclat. I used it strictly for touch up only.Have yet had the chance to try their mascara yet.. but hoping to soon.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

I love their water-resistant mascaras....I've owned them in black, violet and blue and they're all gorgeous!! Minimal smudging and the coloured ones really show up!
                  Violet mascara?!?!?! Sounds pretty!

Comment

They had a STUPENDOUS ltd. ed. fragrance recently...forgot what it's called, but it was launched this fall...was it PARIS or something like that? It is NOT the same Paris packaged in that gold bottle on the website, this one came in a pink bottle...I remember smelling it and I was enchanted!
                    Paris ... I had this fragrance years ago! Is this the same one you're talking about? It's was a pink, roundish mutlifaceted plastic bottle.

Comment

i hv a love-hate relationship with babydoll, love it when i took a whiff last xmas(someone got it as a gift so there i was trying a lil of it), set to buy then hated it @ the shop smtg to do with the cloying scent, then love it when i i was given the shower mousse & practically took my shower with it everyday till end of the can, by then the shops around me has none of the stock & till now, hv not bought this myself what with the discovery of so many scents of late...maybe i shld go take another whiff!

Comment

Originally posted by "ppie"

It is!! It's gorgeous! You *must* have it!!! Does Chicago have a YSL?

Atypical, the pink bottle you described sounds right...but why is Paris packaged in pink over in Asia, and in gold in USA??

Comment

Premier Tient Long lasting Radiant Primer # 7 (light pink with fine gold shimmers) - A love-hate relationship with it. Sometimes easy to blend, other times not. Like it because it a thin sheer layer of a primer.

Rouge Vibration lipstick - Read lots of raves on MUA. Most love # 9. I Love #10. Creamy texture (not as creamy as clinique) w/o drying my lips.

Touche Eclat (aka Radiant Touch) - Love this! Use it for touch up only. But not enough coverage for my dark circles. I use CD Anti-Fatigue concealer as a base before applying YSL TE.

Mono e/s in Parma - Light purple. Can use as wet and dry. I hardly reached for this....still testing out the color.

Pure Lipstick SPF 8 - I show no interest in this. Don't know why i bought it in the first place. Impulse?maybe. Gave it to my mum after 1 use.
                          Last edited by dolphin; 21-09-2004, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ppie
                            It is!! It's gorgeous! You *must* have it!!! Does Chicago have a YSL?

Atypical, the pink bottle you described sounds right...but why is Paris packaged in pink over in Asia, and in gold in USA??
                            There is a YSL counter here at Saks 8O. I walk right by it to get to the Stila counter. Will have to remember to keep on walking by next time I'm in there! can't ... spend ... money ... 8O

Comment

Anyone tried YSL Beauty before?? Any recommendations??

Raves/Rants? I wanna try their Rouge Pur Lipstick and their blush.
                              Last edited by kazablanca; 18-02-2003, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X