Best Tinted Moisturizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Tinted Moisturizer

Since we are talking about not wearing foundation, thought I'll ask this. Will tinted moisturizer beats foundation in this weather? UK glamour advocates wearing tinted moisturizer instead of foundation during summer but if liquid or any kind of foundation will melt, I'm pretty certain tinted moisturizer will too.

Well gals, any comment or good brands to recommend?
    Last edited by meow123; 07-03-2003, 09:23 PM.

For me, I can't take tinted moisturisers. Its too greasy on my oily skin and tinted moisturisers break out on me. Tried LM tinted moisturiser previously and I wld rave abt it if not for my oily skin. Heard BB's tinted moisturiser is not bad too. So far Shu's UV base (tinted) work best on me.

Comment

yes, the Shu UV base works well for my oily skin too. it also has SPF17.

Comment

is this is UV Underbase? the skin colour foam thingy?

i like it too..very light

Comment

Originally posted by angeldiane
          is this is UV Underbase? the skin colour foam thingy?

i like it too..very light
          Yeap that was the one... my first tinted moisturiser and primer as well..Its very light but I have since got sick of it and switched to other stuff

Comment

I used Dr. Hauschka tinted moistursier on my oily combination skin. It has only one tone, but the warm beige colour becomes transparent when applied to suit all skin colours. It contains a lot of essential oils to balance irregularities and to promote a healthy glow.

I use this in place of my day moisturiser on weekends. I love the way my skin feels after and the fact that they did not add colour pigment, the colour was from natural organic ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
              For me, I can't take tinted moisturisers. Its too greasy on my oily skin and tinted moisturisers break out on me. Tried LM tinted moisturiser previously and I wld rave abt it if not for my oily skin. Heard BB's tinted moisturiser is not bad too. So far Shu's UV base (tinted) work best on me.
              I think Meow and I have the same skin type. I used to use tinted moisturizer last time but later found it oily compared to using a foundation.

Shu's UV base is not bad.... I started using it under my usual foundation when I was Vienna(where the UV was much worse than in SG) and my family said that I've became fairer after I came back... The pimple scars on my cheeks are now lighter too.

Comment

Originally posted by blushed2003
                Wow the Dr Hauschka one sounds good. How much is it and does it have SPF? Does the counter give samples?
                It cost $49 per tube. No it does not have SPF, so sometimes I either apply my sun screen 1st before it or I mix them together and apply.

After that I dust a light layer of loose powder and I'm ready to go.

Comment

I have to recommend pola's 1/f. its really my holy grail and its perfect for those with oily skin i think. it leaves yr skin looking matte but the downside is that it is in only one color, not a tinted moisturiser but just a sunscreen with tint.

boots illuminating tinted moisturiser [it hink thats the correct name] is really really good too. but the color match will not work for u if u are fair cos the lightest shade is already quite dark. but its really EXCELLENT i think. less than 10 pounds!

cover girl's tinted moisturiser is quite good too but i do not think its that good for oil control. its super light in texture, good color match for my skin[fair-light] and good price, try to get someone to get this for u, its worth a try! hths

[i find ZA's TM quite good too and u might want to check out Laura mercier's but it costs a bomb here, 89 if i recall correctly!!!]

Comment

Originally posted by cube
                    [i find ZA's TM quite good too and u might want to check out Laura mercier's but it costs a bomb here, 89 if i recall correctly!!!]
                    Second the Laura mercier, this was my lifesaver in cold climates....but it's exorbitant here, and anyway, the only place they sell it is that shop so that rules out a purchase for me. I know you gals won't believe it but I have principles ya know... :ROFL:

Comment

Originally posted by blush
                      I'm really sorry for asking but Dr. Hauschka tinted moistursier sounds like something I will buy when my vincent longo runs out. Where can I find this?
                      there's a counter at Tangs.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                        Joyce, it's available at Escentuals counter. Then you can go psycho yourself to buy a Poole gloss while there
                        Dr Hucschka (sp?) is BESIDE Escentials counter but they don't belong to Escentials counter. I got this misconception also until I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by cube
                          cover girl's tinted moisturiser is quite good too but i do not think its that good for oil control. its super light in texture, good color match for my skin[fair-light] and good price, try to get someone to get this for u, its worth a try! hths

I second Cube that Cover Girl's tinted moisturizer is no good for oil control. Maybe it's just my skin...I find that Laura Mercier's one also turns oily by mid-day.

Comment

3rd the LM tinited moisturiser..... love it. Pity it is sold where the dragon lady breathes.... :burning:

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                              Is the tinted moisturiser suitable for oily skin ?

How's the coverage?
                              Answer to 1st question: probably not. And especially NOT in our climate!

2nd question: sheer. Hardly any coverage, just a sheer veil of colour to help even out skintone a teensy bit, and help you look a bit more alive. It's for people with good skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X