Liquid Blusher Application Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Blusher Application Tips

A liquid blusher virgin that needs help..

I've never used one in my life cause its always been powder ones all the way. How do you apply liquid blushers as sheerly as possible effect? Should I apply the LB before or after liquid foundation and moisturiser(or in between these 2?)?

I am expecting a benetint and thinking of buying myself a PN/Ayura one. Any way to make these esp the benetint work well for me? Read on MUA reviews that Benetint dries up really fast and can be blotchy if its not blended with a fast hand. Tips, tricks to share?

liq/cream found -> liq/cream blush -> loose powder

creamy blush u need to blend with fingers in curcular motion slowly a lil @ a time. u don want to overdo. u must experiment to get just the right amount!

but good thing ayura liq blush & the likes are great new formula, u just need to pat them to blend in! not much effort needed. key thing is try!

Comment

sweetmango, with the benetint try with very little amount at a time. it tends to dry pretty fast so if you're inexperienced it can look a little blotchy. start with very little and build it up. it helps if your cheeks are still a little moist so maybe you can apply the benetint straight after your moisturiser/liquid foundation.

i think the ayura aqua blush is great if you're just starting with liquid blushers. this one doesnt dry as fast so it gives you more time to blend. you just have to apply a little to the apples of your cheek and pat to blend it. very easy. not to mention it has gorgeous shimmer in it!

Comment

For liquid/cream blusher, u shld apply after your regular foundation and before your loose powder. Benetint is more tricky becos it dries up fast. So start with a little first and slowly build up. I used my middle or fourth finger in circular motion and build it up.

PN/Ayura is more user friendly so its easy to blend. Same method I use for benetint.

Comment

What i do is i drop a little Benetint on the back of the other hand... then i dab some from there to apply onto my cheeks. In this way, i find that the liquid blush dun turn blotcy direct on my cheeks..

HTH

Comment

The PN Watery Colours are very easy to blend I just dot about 3-4 dots to my cheeks and pat/smooth the blush into my skin. The trick is not to use too much each time, less is more. If you feel you need more, dot a few more and blend well

Comment

Am using Origins cheek gel, Philosophy's cheek tint & LORAC's cheek tint now.. like Origins the most. the color is v nice.. & it lasts & lasts... sigh...

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips! Knew I could count on you girls heh..

Comment

Originally posted by remember
                  Am using Origins cheek gel, Philosophy's cheek tint & LORAC's cheek tint now.. like Origins the most. the color is v nice.. & it lasts & lasts... sigh...
                  Origins cheek gel was my very first cheek gel!! Have since moved on others...this one is a tad harder to blend. Remember, try Ayura Aqua blush!

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                    Origins cheek gel was my very first cheek gel!! Have since moved on others...this one is a tad harder to blend. Remember, try Ayura Aqua blush!
                    The Origins Pinch your cheeks was my first cheek gel too! That was a bad start for me, difficult to blend, makes my skin look blotchy yes, i've since moved on......

sweetmango, u can try Ipsa strawberry marshmellow too....it's not liquid but it's a dream to blend.

Comment

Remember, try Ayura Aqua blush!
                      Yes, yes! I second this!

Comment

Sign, I've got an irritating problem.
                        My liquid/cream blusher tends to pick up the yellow tone of my foundation or powder, turning a tad peach/orange/coral.
                        Anybody noticed this?
                        I got MAC's bright red premediated cream colour base. The MA had such a fresh flush with it; she was pretty fair and maybe her foundation shade could be more neutral.
                        Just ends up as another tawny shade on me.

Comment

I got my Benetint *wink to lovely Raine* today and used a liquid blusher for the first time, what can I say? I LOVEEEEE IT!!!! I spent nearly 30 min to get it right, but when I finally did, its was simply fab! Initially I thought that since I have such warm tones, I might not suit, but boy, it turned out to be the most natural pinkish flush-from-within colour I've ever used! And after 8 hours, it didn't oxidise much, even though it turned a weeny darker, that slightly-oxidised shade looks natural and good too! I've always heard that LB enhances flaws, but this is not true for Benetint at all. That's the end of powder blushers for me!

For those of you who has never tried Benetint or am contemplating, do get it, you LOVE it!

PS: Thanks a lot to the ones who advised me to swap for benetint

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                            PS: Thanks a lot to the ones who advised me to swap for benetint
                            Glad u like this!! So no pass it over huh?

Comment

Glad u like this!! So no pass it over huh?
                              PMed you

Comment

Working...
                              X