By Terry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By Terry?

Hello gals. anybody tried out this super ex. brand?Aside from the enhancer which other products from this brand is good? I tried the apricot enhancer and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. IMO, its expensive and do nothing to my skin. Waiting to swap mine away. Am keen to try the lip gloss. Anybody tried it? Good? Saw the foundation and powder too. Their packaging is so beautiful, classy, elegant and sleek..

edited to add in the website:

By Terry Main Website
    Last edited by teiko; 05-12-2004, 12:36 PM.

I don't use a sunblock,always use ettusais makeup base(with spf) before applying base smoother.If you manage to apply it evenly,it has a very slight tint of colour,enhances your skin tone but does not cover.

Comment

I'm hooked onto By Terry's Colour Skin Enhancer ever since I got the Apricot one in a swap! I much prefer it to YSL's teint premier because the shimmer is so much finer in texture and more subtle. Just bought my 2nd jar of this stuff, this time in #2 (rose pearl). Bumped into *Someone* else at the counter he he he...

I also LURVE By Terry;s blush brush....this is called the Pochoir and it's cirvular in shape rather than the normal domed blush brush shape, but I find this is the BEST shape for a blusher brush if you want to deposit the sheerest wash of colour o the apples of your cheeks. Plus, blending with this brush is such a breeze. This, for me, is the Ultimate Blusher brush. I swapped away my Bobbi Brown after I got By Terry's.

Comment

Thank goodness I have way too many blusher brushes so I won't be tempted by Pan :D

Unfortunately I can't make enhancer work for me. It does absolutely nothing for me. Only I know that I have one more layer on top of my foundation

Comment

Unfortunately I can't make enhancer work for me. It does absolutely nothing for me. Only I know that I have one more layer on top of my foundation [/quote]

Hmm, I wear my enhancer as a makeup base. this could be why it doesn't work for you, I wouldn't wear it on top of foundation either, except as a highlighter dabbed minimally on cheekbones etc.

Maybe try wearing it UNDER foundation and see how it goes?

Comment

i have the lipgloss pot - very lux, beautiful shade, feels goood on the lips...but i still prefer Chantecaille, it has a nicer shine

Comment

Originally posted by "bluebubble"

i have the lipgloss pot - very lux, beautiful shade, feels goood on the lips...but i still prefer Chantecaille, it has a nicer shine
              Darn, you HAD to wake my lemming....I've been thinking about the By Terry lipgloss in #3 since you first mentioned it...can you compare it to CHantecaille CAMPARI lipgloss pls? Or just a general description...or what lipgloss shade would be closest to it? TIA. :wink:

Comment

i don't know campari, sorry...but honestly, by terry lipgloss is not worth the $$$...it's beautiful, but u know, u can get something similar for much less

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Originally posted by bluebubble
                Darn, you HAD to wake my lemming....I've been thinking about the By Terry lipgloss in #3 since you first mentioned it...can you compare it to CHantecaille CAMPARI lipgloss pls? Or just a general description...or what lipgloss shade would be closest to it? TIA. :wink:

Comment

[quote="bluebubble"]i don't know campari, sorry...but honestly, by terry lipgloss is not worth the $$$...it's beautiful, but u know, u can get something similar for much less

Thanks!! That will stop me from lusting after the lipglosses..got to convince myself that they are not worth getting! :o

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by "meow123"

Originally posted by bluebubble
                    i don't know campari, sorry...but honestly, by terry lipgloss is not worth the $$$...it's beautiful, but u know, u can get something similar for much less

Thanks!! That will stop me from lusting after the lipglosses..got to convince myself that they are not worth getting! :o
                    the only time i stopped to look @ by terry was to try the col enhancer on the back of my hands, it's so thick & the rose scent is overpowering @ least to me & the prices are just way too scary, so yes i hv been staying away ever since! it's prob the only way to stop me from lusting for more m/u! the addiction for stila now is enough to just about stop me from buying my own place in a few yrs!

Comment

yah the enhance din work on me either. It leaves an oily film on my skin after one hour.....but I thought the gloss was pretty...well will not be getting now :o

Comment

Tested out their foundations the last time I was there. Very similar to Chantecaille's future skin in terms of ingredients, coverage etc., but oh wow, the texture!! It's so light and airy, it feels like nothing on, and it just slips over your skin!! Maybe I'll check this out more seriously when my Future Skin runs out...I'm not stepping into True Colours ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Tested out their foundations the last time I was there. Very similar to Chantecaille's future skin in terms of ingredients, coverage etc., but oh wow, the texture!! It's so light and airy, it feels like nothing on, and it just slips over your skin!! Maybe I'll check this out more seriously when my Future Skin runs out...I'm not stepping into True Colours ever again.
                          Pan! Must call me the next time u go down By Terry to check out the foundation also okie? I dun wanna go TC anymore also, and I think I lost my Chantecaille FS ....somehow my makeup drawer is like a balck hole, despite the fact that it is neatly arranged. I suspect I must have left it somewhere else in the house, absent-minded me!

So call me ok? If the shade fits I'll get it!

Comment

Originally posted by "Joce7878"

Pan! Must call me the next time u go down By Terry to check out the foundation also okie? I dun wanna go TC anymore also, and I think I lost my Chantecaille FS ....somehow my makeup drawer is like a balck hole, despite the fact that it is neatly arranged. I suspect I must have left it somewhere else in the house, absent-minded me! So call me ok? If the shade fits I'll get it!
                            Certainly! But didnt you hear what the By Terry salesperson said last time? You don't need foundation!!

Comment

What Joce? u lost your FS again?? my goodness....second time rt?? I am quite sure u have misplaced it lah...I can help u to search for it but if I find it its gona be MINE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X