Pressed / Compact powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressed / Compact powder

hi gals, i'm looking for apressed powderwhich doesn't clog my pores and doesn't oxidise. any suggestions?? :roll:

I'm using KP's. It's so light and i think its the best i've used so far.

Comment

Not a user but have heard about Laura Mercier's and Lancome's. Also, many girls use MAC Blot Powder. It's not a finishing powder. As the name suggests, it serves to blot than to cover.

I've used drugstore ones when I needed it during my oilier days. Revlon deserves a special mention.

Comment

I'm using MAC Studio Fix.

Comment

Me using Bobbi Brown

Comment

Oh yes, BB is quite good (too).

Astrid, are you open to 2-way powder foundations or just pressed powders? I think StudioFix is a powder foundation. This one turned me into an oil slick even though I'm dry/dehydrated.

Comment

Originally posted by astrid
              hi gals, i'm looking for apressed powderwhich doesn't clog my pores and doesn't oxidise. any suggestions?? :roll:
              sorry, but what does it mean by doesn't oxidise? :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by instantoats
                sorry, but what does it mean by doesn't oxidise? :huh:
                I think doesn't oxidise as in the foundation colour will not change into a darker one. Some foundations do oxidise after some times on the skin while there are some brands that add special ingredients that prevent this from happening.

I don't use pressed powder but i heard lotsa raves for the Pupa's Jewel Silk pressed powder( not too sure about the exact name).. and it cost about $30+.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                  Oh yes, BB is quite good (too).

Astrid, are you open to 2-way powder foundations or just pressed powders? I think StudioFix is a powder foundation. This one turned me into an oil slick even though I'm dry/dehydrated.
                  Yep, Studio Fix is powder foundation. But can't use it wet, only for dry usage.
                  I have dehydrated skin, but this is working nicely for me. Maybe a YMMV thing.

Comment

i'm lemming for KP one as well.... go for it :wheee:

Comment

Originally posted by Satinchris
                      Yep, Studio Fix is powder foundation. But can't use it wet, only for dry usage.
                      I have dehydrated skin, but this is working nicely for me. Maybe a YMMV thing.
                      I guess. I wore my 2ways dry, usually, and none made me shine like a beacon like StudioFix did. A pity, cos I thought its texture's quite nice.

Comment

Originally posted by lovedust
                        I'm using KP's. It's so light and i think its the best i've used so far.
                        Which one did you use?

Comment

i'm interested in Kp or BB pressed powder...which do u guys think better.???..

yes, i'm referring to only pressed powder...cause 2 way cake clogs my pores...

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
                            Which one did you use?

I think there's only 1 type ya? I'm using no2 now. Used no3 before but its more to the yellowish tone. Its $36 without case, i'm using the free case they gave in the gwp last month. I've asked the SA whats the difference between the loose powder and pressed powder. She told me its the same. But maybe its just me, i think the pressed powder seems lighter. Weird. Seriously, if they come in bigger amount, i would rather get the pressed powder.

Comment

Originally posted by lovedust
                              I think there's only 1 type ya? I'm using no2 now. Used no3 before but its more to the yellowish tone. Its $36 without case, i'm using the free case they gave in the gwp last month. I've asked the SA whats the difference between the loose powder and pressed powder. She told me its the same. But maybe its just me, i think the pressed powder seems lighter. Weird. Seriously, if they come in bigger amount, i would rather get the pressed powder.
                              Is the one you use in the red case(sheer Micro powder foundation aka a 2-way cake, this one is finely milled 9 times!!) or the normal pearly case(only comes in six color, pink, brown, beige, 1 half blue/beige?)??

Comment

Working...
                              X