Looking for the perfect red lippie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the perfect red lippie!

Hello gals, this has been more or less a lifelong quest....I'm looking for the perfect red lippie for my PPP colouring that won't make me look too Goth or like I'm bleeding from the mouth.

If anyone has some recs for a perfect sheer red lipstick or lipgloss, please list it here.

Also, what do you makeup experts reckon about matching lipcolour to clothes? See, I got this kickass red top recently, and I'm wondering if it would look too OTT if I matched my lipcolour to my top?! If this is a definite no-no, please suggest a lipcolour (or better yet, an entire LOOK) to wear with this top:

TIA!
    Last edited by Glossie; 17-07-2005, 10:44 PM.

your top is really pretty!

you may wanna try trinity for your perfect red lippie. coz i remember hearing jason mentioned that his lippie colours are specially designed for asian skin tone. nothing that would make you look as tho u are bleeding from the mouth i'm sure. I suggest you bring the top town to his shop for you and ask him to recommend you a shade to go with the top. I'm sure if would be more then willing to help! in fact, you may even ask him for an entire look to go with the top! he's pretty good with clothes.

I'm not really a fan of lippies so can't give you any personal recommendations. Sorry

Comment

Hey Yvonne, thanks! Yours was an excellent suggestion! But the catch is...I'm TERRIFIED of venturing into Trinity because I know my wallet won't come out of there alive.... :roll:

I may do that though, if nobody here can recommend a great red lippie. Come to think of it, if someone asked me to, I'd be stumped as well!

Comment

pan: very pretty top! where's it from?

Comment

Originally posted by KellyC
          pan: very pretty top! where's it from?
          Got it off Ebay. Last season's Abercrombie & Fitch on clearance. Cheeeep cheeep!

Comment

Pan, I aint any expert in red lippies too. Not a fan really. Saw some at MAC...Stella probably can help....

Is this for an evening function? somehow red lips with red seems a bit OTT for me..but that's me.May be something fuschia? (I can't take red or fuschia though). For me, if I own this top (pass over anytime please ) I will go with RMK berry or Poole #2 or BabyPink Rasberry..

You have cool tone so red with blue undertones would be better?

Comment

i know what you mean! but just head into trinity with just 50 bucks. that should be more than enough to get you a nice lippie, and at the same time it will help you stay focused on one item.. heehee.. sure hope you get a nice red lippie!!

Comment

lovely top Pan!

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                  Got it off Ebay. Last season's Abercrombie & Fitch on clearance. Cheeeep cheeep!
                  Ahhh no wonder it looks so familiar! I saw at the store before

Clinique has some dark red lippies...but not sure if they will end up making your lips look like they are 'bleeding' hehe

Or maybe try the UD love junkie gloss.

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                    Is this for an evening function? somehow red lips with red seems a bit OTT for me..but that's me.May be something fuschia? (I can't take red or fuschia though). For me, if I own this top (pass over anytime please ) I will go with RMK berry or Poole #2 or BabyPink Rasberry..

You have cool tone so red with blue undertones would be better?
                    Evening function? Nah, the top is cotton with a bit of satin trim, so it's not dressy enough for evening.

You have some great recs Meow...and you're right, I look better with cool reds rather than warm reds....so smart, this cat... ...hehehe....I forgot all about RMK Berry lipgloss, which used to be my fave! Thanks for reminding me about it, and about the Baby Pink too!

I'm also a bit apprehensive that red top + red lips = overkill. But I can't think of any other m/up combi to wear besides this because I'm afraid the red top might wash me out! :huh:

Comment

Oh, and I'm always happy to enable. Since so many of you like this top, I thought I'd direct you to some....

Buy! Buy! Buy!

I got mine from Ebay seller tc1722 (who's listed on most of the auctions above). They're a wholesaler who buy over last season's A&F stock in bulk, and sell off cheap. The tops all have the labels defaced though, to prevent returns.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
                        Oh, and I'm always happy to enable. Since so many of you like this top, I thought I'd direct you to some....
                        hee! You are certainly an enabler! But I found something similar at Express.

Comment

Pan, how about RMK clear berry lipgloss or Poole #04 lipgloss?

Comment

I'm thinking VL Madison (am wearing just a slick of it in my latest fotd) - it is more blue red than warm red but it is really a happy balance b/w both I feel (doesn't turn fuschia on me).

Alternatively you could try a smokey eye with a nude/light lip so you save the headache of having to find the perfect red lippy!

The top is a delectable shade of red. You could also carry off a just bitten lip look with it! A slick of any plum-red with your finger tips...

MAC Deisre comes to mind but I don't know if it might be too plummy for you. We need STELLA!

Comment

that's a lovely top!

i like smokey eyes paired with nude lips for this. not sure if it would suit but it does look sexy

Comment

Working...
                              X