Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illuminare Cosmetics

Illuminare website

I just tried a sample of this from Saresha, and i am in with this! This is a HG foundation!
    Most mineral fdn are in l/p form, but this is mineral makeup in liquid/cream form. Really easy to apply and spread on. And this is also very pigmented, since it is pure mineral, it can also be used as a concealer. But if you think it's going to be thick and unnatural, you are so wrong! I tried this on my better skin days when i needed less coverage. And it looks soo natural, it didn't even feel like i had anything on. When i had this on, my skin looks so nice and even, it looked like i had naturally good skin!
    I was using the Ultimate all day, which is the oily skin version. The oil control is amazing too, not like any fdn i've tried. Best of all, it doesn't dry out the skin like some oil control fdns do.

Will wait for saresha to hear her reviews!

yeah quick review from saresha pls!

Comment

checking out the website now. the stuff sounds amazing! lemming is stirred once again. it seems to be awakened every 3 threads or so.

Comment

cl, wondering which shade did you use. just finished going through the site. the ultimate foundation sounds like what i need! everything sounds so good.

Comment

wow .. looks good.

Comment

Wow, the ultimate foundation is stirring up my lemming..... Is it available on our shores at all? (don't know if I want to hear the answer) :roll: How to order when we do not even know which shade suits us and also don't have a chance to try out the texture?

Comment

vonnie, the products are available in the states and in hong kong. there are 5 shades for the foundation. like you, i'm perplexed as to how to choose a suitable shade just by looking at the computer screen. :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                cl, wondering which shade did you use. just finished going through the site. the ultimate foundation sounds like what i need! everything sounds so good.
                I'm using Portofino Porcelain, the 2nd shade. But it is alittle fair for me. But i guess i'll stick to this colour as the 3rd shade will be too orangy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                  vonnie, the products are available in the states and in hong kong. there are 5 shades for the foundation. like you, i'm perplexed as to how to choose a suitable shade just by looking at the computer screen. :huh:
                  They suggested getting 2 shades to mix to get the exact colour, but they don't have a yellow shade. So i'll just get the PP.
                  Anyway, you can mix this with a darker fdn you have so that it'll match your skintone.
                  Or you can order the sample size to try it out?

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                    I'm using Portofino Porcelain, the 2nd shade. But it is alittle fair for me. But i guess i'll stick to this colour as the 3rd shade will be too orangy for me.
                    thanks cl. i was thinking of the 3rd shade as portofino porcelain looks rather fair. no yellow based shades. wonder if the store in hong kong would have friendlier shades for asian skin colours.

Comment

I doubt so.... but you can give it a try.

Comment

No yellow shades? Okay, looks like I have to give this a pass since I am not fair, hence have to be very careful with shades selection.....

Comment

sounds really good! but is this really adequate sunscreen protection?

Comment

Anyone ordering the samples?

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia
                              sounds really good! but is this really adequate sunscreen protection?
                              There's alot of info regarding this on the website, but personally, i always use sunscreen underneath my makeup. I only need a little of the foundation for the whole face, but the recommended amount of sunscreen to apply on the face is a teaspoon. So the amount of foundation alone would not give adequate protection. HTH!

Comment

Working...
                              X