Laura Mercier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Mercier

Ok girls, here's something that's not talked about much - Laura Mercier. This is a line that I've never paid much attention to - I have a lip gloss from them and that's it. I never even venture to their counter.

Wandered by there today and have developed a serious lemming for their shadows. I started playing with the colors and started ... then I saw their Loose Pearls. OMG, they are absolutely gorgeous. My SIL was with me and we split a pot of the Opal Pearl ... it's a white pigment powder that flashes green. It's absolutely to die for!

Shadows on my wishlist include mermaid, star fruit, st. germain, sherzade, lemon grass, rose, topaz ... uh oh ... I think I'm in trouble. :sotong:

I've only used their Secret Camouflage. It covers well, but can be alittle hard to blend due to the dry texture. You have to mix with alittle eye cream before using under the eyes.

Comment

CL: So the Secret Camouflage is in cream form? I thought of giving this a try but I think you've just my lemming

Comment

I finished 3-4 pots of their Translucent loose powders, and 2 pressed powder compacts. The loose is way much better than the cpct, too thick and unnatural to use as touch-ups.

I also had the Lip Stain? I guess, in Just Lips. Just so-so, so many better ones out there.

Also have the lipliner in Natural Lips, don't ever wear it without lipbalm underneath!! So hard and dry!!! But I love the color anyway, perfect match for MAC Revealing kind of colors.

Comment

Their fdn primer is pretty good too! Although i personally prefer Smashbox photofinish better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariel
            CL: So the Secret Camouflage is in cream form? I thought of giving this a try but I think you've just my lemming
            It is a dry kind of cream, not like MAC concealer which is a creamy kind of cream. (hope to get what i mean) The texture of the LM SC is quite drying. So its good for the oily face, but since the under eye area is quite dry, you need to apply eyecream first, so that it spreads on easily.
            but i the coverage and the durability of this, last all day.

Comment

From the MUA reviews, alot of people where complaining about breaking out from the LM l/p due to a certain ingredient.
              Did you breakout from the l/p seba?

Comment

Nope!!! But I never experience breakouts from any makeups before, so.... :huh:
                Before KP, this is my HG loose powders, definitely longlasting and cut down oils, but KP is waayyy better at cutting down oils I never use my compact powders again lately.

Comment

I know some cotters here likes the primer. i've used it before but its not exactly what i fancy.

love their loose powder though. fine and smooth!

Comment

Thanks CL. My undereye areas are pretty dry so I think I will give this a pass :wheee:

Comment

The primer is good I like to use this under my MAC Studiofix...makes the application more smooth!

Comment

I use the concealer with the brush before, think is still not good enough for my very dark circles.

The foundation coverage is pretty good, medium coverage

Comment

I have their star dust loose powder. Light beige color with glitter shines like star in the powder, very beautiful. I've tried their pressed powder blush and really don't like it. Swipe a brush across the surface and it comes of like a loose powder everwhere on the surface, I guess because it is not firmly pressed. Owned their Just lips lippie, quite drying and have strange plastic smell.

Comment

Jar jar, Stardust is my fave! Shimmer that is flattering, subtle or intense, depending on how you use it... my absolute no. 1 shimmer powder!

Used to use Ivory pressed powder from LM, I beliee meow meow used to use this too. But seldom used pressed powders lately, carry my TLC pressed powder for show, kekekeke

Comment

Originally posted by Joce7878
                              Jar jar, Stardust is my fave! Shimmer that is flattering, subtle or intense, depending on how you use it... my absolute no. 1 shimmer powder!

Used to use Ivory pressed powder from LM, I beliee meow meow used to use this too. But seldom used pressed powders lately, carry my TLC pressed powder for show, kekekeke
                              Yes I used to use LM loose powder and pressed powder for touch up. They are superb in quality I would say...until I discover KP of course

Wanda the white pigment powder sounds lovely....don't tempt me!!

Comment

Working...
                              X