Kevin Aucoin's Makeup Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Aucoin's Makeup Line

Heard from my swapper that he came up with a range of makeup line and she raves about the Sensual Skin Enhancer(USD 42) which she says is wildly popular. This could be used as a foundation as well as a concealer. Other things include:

Makeup Brushes
    3 L/g
    Shimmering Enhancer- white in colour (also very popular)
    Lipsticks

She actually used the words "amazing" 2 to 3 times. Wondering if I should ask her to cp it for me. But I still got a brand new pot of Covermark that cost SGD 143 Help?? :roll:

i'm curious about the SSE too! sounds like a little would go a long way.. but i heard its hard to get a colour match and the price puts me off too..

Comment

Is it really difficult to get a colour match?? I must ask her when NY's power comes back.

Comment

i think so.. heard that one colour from MAC would match a couple of other colours and they aren't in running order too.. (if i wear SX07 now i might not wear SX08 when i turn a shade darker)

Comment

heard is popular nowadays, but the feeling is like by terry skin enhancer to me though :huh:

Comment

jemay, by terry is very sheer but the SSE is meant to be full coverage. i heard its really thick and you need only a tiny amount each time. i have samples coming to me soon, will try out and review then.

Comment

Then it sounds like my covermark foundation then. Just a small pea size will cover all types of skin imperfections(not scars though) and it cost more than the SSE......

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                Then it sounds like my covermark foundation then. Just a small pea size will cover all types of skin imperfections(not scars though) and it cost more than the SSE......
                I think it's even thicker than the Covermark, though I haven't seen the Covermark It's even thicker than the Illuminare. And it's so so thick that you really need a moisturized face to work with. Without moisturizer, it's almost unblendable. But it covers well yet does it very naturally. Because it's so so thick, you won't even need a pea-sized. In fact, you simply can't use this all over your face. It's to spot-treat.

Comment

Oh dear! Double whammy!! Will see if I can find anything in the web on this.

Comment

Eerrr! I think I am really ulu (out of touch). Didn't know he'd pass on.....

This is the website

http://store.yahoo.com/kevynaucoin/index.html

Comment

He died of a brain tumor I think, sad huh.
                      Wish I can have just a 3/4 of his talent.
                      I think neimanmarcus.com also sell his product IIRC.

Comment

Yay, just got my SSE in SX-08 (a CP) and tried this on a bare face as undereye concealer. I dare say this is definitely than the CDP concealer stick on me. Great color match and so moisturizing, even on a pair of non-moisturized undereyes.

I was really shocked by its TINY size though, imagine how small can a 1 1/4" x 1 1/8" foundation last??? But I do agree a little runs a long way coz I only used a tiny (around 1/5 of a rice size ) and it covered both my undereye circles already.
                        Last edited by belly; 16-08-2003, 01:27 PM.

Comment

But how do you know which colour you are :huh:

Comment

Originally posted by teiko
                            But how do you know which colour you are :huh:
                            Oh, I read reviews in MUA for reference. But actually just a bet

Comment

I know my swapper use Stila Angel in C and she use a Kevyn Aucoin SX-05- Does it automatically mean I am a 05 also??? :huh:

Comment

Working...
                              X