MAC Lipglass Colour Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Lipglass Colour Poll

Help! I am wondering which 2 colours to get from MAC's lipglass (haven't got any). So here's a poll of a few colours in mind for a newbie like me

For colours not listed, feel free to voice out other recommedations for starters! You may choose more than one!

HAVE FUN TOO
    Fancy That
    4.92%
    Prr
    55.74%
    Oh Baby
    6.56%
    Spirited
    11.48%
    Entice
    9.84%
    Pink Poodle
    11.48%
    Last edited by cosmopolitan; 12-09-2003, 03:18 PM.

Looks like my choice is not listed My recommendation will be Lust. It is a very versatile brown-based pink/coral that suits almost every skin tone

Comment

One can never have too many lipglasses
      My choice for the poll is Prrr, but in actual fact I want more more more!!

Comment

hey cosmopolitan, how about giving us an idea of what you're looking for? are you looking for nudish shades? pinkish shades? shimmery shades? matte shades? dark shades? :huh:

i would recommend:
        NYMPHETTE
        sunned golden pink (frost)
        This is THE lipglass for me! it's such a beautiful, shimmery, sweet baby pink with gold flecks. lights up your lips and makes them look sooooo kissable!

SPIRITED
        pink champagned taupe (frost)
        gorgeous shimmery nude pink/brown, definitely your-lips-but-better. perfect for creating that lovely yet subtle pout

GOLD CHARM
        a cool gold cast peach (frost)
        yet another shimmery shade, light gold with pale gold glitters. this is great because it's so versatile. wear it alone to just dress up your nude lips, or use it to enhance another lipstick. however, some people don't like the glitters.

LYCHEE LUXE
        bright pinky coral with golden shimmer
        beautiful shimmery reddish shade, which loves best when applied lightly. it brightens up your entire face and makes you look awake! perfect for the sweet vamp look.

PINK LEMONADE
        a taste of flamingo
        a true matte pink, for days you want to look saccharine sweet and girly.

these are all my favourites. the descriptions in italics are lifted from mac (www.maccosmetics.com)

Comment

I second lust!

Comment

i am currently fascinated with coral tones... but i prefer a subtle one.
            another one should be a nudish pinky tone, cos i love pink!

hmm... shimmery, yes! glittery, no!
            i think lychee luxe has glitter right?

Comment

IIRC, Lychee Luxe is shimmery not glittery.

good luck hunting! ultimately, you have to remember that recs aren't all that reliable due to differences (eg skin tone, lip shape, etc). the best is to still go down to the MAC counter after compiling a short list of your faves from the recs!

Comment

Just bought gold charm so I am in love with it now. hee heee

Comment

here's my favourites! i'm a great fan glosses that are sheer, shimmery and pink so i tend to go for that but there are always exceptions (do check out the favourite lipglasses thread too! )

i love: dreamy, nymphette, go lightly and pink lemonade!

lust was too matte and brownish for my liking

Comment

I TOTALLY agree with Hunny! One can NEVER have too many lipglasses. At present, i only have 2, nymphette(this is the best!) and lychee luxe. Ilove them to bits! Planning to get more .. next on my list's lust and oh baby.. then prr and lovechild then gold charm... my list goes on...
                    The only MAC lipglass that didnt work on me at all was Dreamy.. I looked awful when i wore that

Comment

-- deleted ---
                      Last edited by denise; 09-09-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmopolitan
                        i am currently fascinated with coral tones... but i prefer a subtle one.
                        another one should be a nudish pinky tone, cos i love pink!

Looks like you HAVE to take a look at Lust and Prrr

Comment

I've not tried many, but I adore Lovechild! It's a mauve/plum shade with a slight gold shimmer!

Comment

Cosmo, have you tried these colours on yourself yet or seen them in person?

If you are in a coral kick, natural corals with brown tone on your list are Fancy That and Entice which are very similar.
                            Fancy That is more orange while Entice is more brown. Both looks good, so it really depends which one you think looks better on you.

And if you lips are pigmented like mine, the sheerer colours don't show up at all, they turn up clear maybe with a hint of shimmer (can't really tell). I saved my money on these.

Comment

i've popped by the counter several times... but i'm getting a friend to buy from the airport in 2 weeks time.

not sure if i have pigmented lips... would just say they look normal to me, they are not pale though!

lots of you say lust and prr... hmm... i think they look pretty similar, so lust or prr?? i think i'll go for a pinkier one? since duckiee mentioned it's brownish...

well, i think it doesn't matter which 2 i get... there'll be more to come anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X