Tocopherol - Comedogenic Ingredient?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tocopherol - Comedogenic Ingredient?

I bought my Chanel Double Perfection Fluid SPF 15 and the loose powser as well last Friday. I used it on Sat before attending a wedding dinner. I realized some of breakouts became worse and got several new acnes. :piss:

The SA in the Chanel counter of C K Tangs told me it is oil free and suitable for acne-pro skin. However, I checked on the ingredient that there is a ingredient called Tocopherol (Vit E) is a moderately clogged pore ingredient.

What should I do now? Can I go back to argue with the SA? She told me it is suitable for combinationa and oily skin. Although the oil control result is good, but I dun want my pores are clogged. I had spent S$48 for the liquid foundation and S$53 for the loose powder.

I had checked some info from the internet also. There are many products saying non-Comedogenic, fragrance-free and dermalogist-tested. I just wonder is that true?

Even the Olay Total Effect, Neutrogena Visibly Even Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 - (also contains Gylceryl Stearate which is also moderately Comedogenic) and Origins Butter Scrub have Tocopherol. Then, how can we define the product is safe for oily and acne-pro skin?? :piss:

Comment

The SA is probably not lying when she said that its oil-free. The term "suitable for oily and acne-prone skin" is really subjective. I guess by this she meant that its because its oil-free? Different skin types can take different products/ingredients well/badly. I doubt there is one single product in the world that will suit absolutely everyone in the universe, logical right? I wouldn't go back and argue if I were you; However, you could politely request to exchange your product for something else given the bad skin reaction you experienced. Ask with a sincere smile and they might be able to do something about your purchase.

Common things people do to find out what suits them and what doesn't is to read plenty of reviews, ask questions, read ingredient lists and test out by requesting for samples or by purchasing the product. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
        The SA is probably not lying when she said that its oil-free. The term "suitable for oily and acne-prone skin" is really subjective. I guess by this she meant that its because its oil-free? Different skin types can take different products/ingredients well/badly. I doubt there is one single product in the world that will suit absolutely everyone in the universe, logical right? I wouldn't go back and argue if I were you; However, you could politely request to exchange your product for something else given the bad skin reaction you experienced. Ask with a sincere smile and they might be able to do something about your purchase.

Common things people do to find out what suits them and what doesn't is to read plenty of reviews, ask questions, read ingredient lists and test out by requesting for samples or by purchasing the product. Hope this helps.
        Do u think it is possible to change to other products? If it does, I dun mind and of course I will not argue with her just show her my face, then she got nothing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
          Do u think it is possible to change to other products? If it does, I dun mind and of course I will not argue with her just show her my face, then she got nothing to say.
          Darling, I believe that the SA does not have the right to admend refund/exchange regulations of the company. If its part of their regulation to allow exchanges in the event of a bad skin reaction, I'm sure she'll not refuse you especially if you ask nicely. However(rather unlikely), if they do not allow exchanges for any reason whatsoever, instead of making her speechless, a more constructive way of handling it would be to call the local Chanel office (I'm sure there is one, call 100 and ask for the number) and feedback regarding this matter and reason your way through; Write a letter if neccesary. Most importantly, speak to the person who makes the decision whether or not to allow the exchange, not the SA.

Meanwhile, a faster way of knowing whether they do exchanges or not is to give the chanel counter a friendly call, the number is somewhere in one of the sections in Cozycot. If you can't find, call 100 to ask for it.

Comment

Darling, I believe that the SA does not have the right to admend refund/exchange regulations of the company. If its part of their regulation to allow exchanges in the event of a bad skin reaction, I'm sure she'll not refuse you especially if you ask nicely. However(rather unlikely), if they do not allow exchanges for any reason whatsoever, instead of making her speechless, a more constructive way of handling it would be to call the local Chanel office (I'm sure there is one, call 100 and ask for the number) and feedback regarding this matter and reason your way through; Write a letter if neccesary. Most importantly, speak to the person who makes the decision whether or not to allow the exchange, not the SA.

Meanwhile, a faster way of knowing whether they do exchanges or not is to give the chanel counter a friendly call, the number is somewhere in one of the sections in Cozycot. If you can't find, call 100 to ask for it.
            Thanks a lot, Sweetmango. Going to call the counter now.

Comment

Hi, SweetMango. I had called the Chanel counter in CK Tangs. The SA allowed me to exchange the 2 items but not refund. It is better than nothing. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Glad that you are able to exchange it... I find that Chanel staff are very accomodating. Just be nice to them and they would allow you to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by califit
                  Glad that you are able to exchange it... I find that Chanel staff are very accomodating. Just be nice to them and they would allow you to change it.
                  Califit, any idea that which Chanel product or makeup is famous for the combination to oily skin?? Or should I make a new thread to ask others....? :booty: I am going to exchange the Chanel foundation and loose powder after work. Still have no idea what to exchange.......

I visited their website. Only able to find several that I am interested: Instant Purifying Mask, Mattifying Whitening Mask, Controle Imperfections (Corrective gel-emulsion) & Blanc Lumiere - Whitening Make-up Base. Yes, I have reminded myself to look at the ingredients 1st before exchanging anything. :wheee:

Comment

the only stuffs i use from Chanel are the gentle cleansing milk and biphase eye makeup remover. you may like to try them.
                    They are great stuffs, especially the eye makeup remover, it removes waterproof mascara and does not feel oily at all!
                    Their glossimers and much raved about! Do check them out too.

Comment

Originally posted by appleger
                      the only stuffs i use from Chanel are the gentle cleansing milk and biphase eye makeup remover. you may like to try them.
                      They are great stuffs, especially the eye makeup remover, it removes waterproof mascara and does not feel oily at all!
                      Their glossimers and much raved about! Do check them out too.
                      How much the price for Gentle cleansing milk, Eye Makeup Remover and the glossimers? I got Lancome Gentle Cleansing Milk & Eye and lips makeup remover samples, but I feel some pains when using it to remove my eyeshadow. I am thinking whether the remover is suitable for me or not.

For the Precision skincare products, any comment??

Comment

what kind of pain do you encounter when using the lancome makeup remover?

Both the gentle cleansing milk and biphase eye makeup remover are from the precision line. I have not use any other products thus I cant really give you a review on this but IIRC, chanel skincare products are discussed in cozyskin before.
                        If I am not wrong, the cleansing milk cost $36, the eye makeup remover cost $29 and glossimer about $28.

Comment

I have heard good things about the Chanel Purifying Mask. I have tried this sample and find it quite gentle. Cant really say it improves my skin though. I have used it for about 3 times.But I can safely say that it doesnt make my skin worse.

I have also heard raves for the hydrating mask. I have not tried this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fiona
                            I have heard good things about the Chanel Purifying Mask. I have tried this sample and find it quite gentle. Cant really say it improves my skin though. I have used it for about 3 times.But I can safely say that it doesnt make my skin worse.

I have also heard raves for the hydrating mask. I have not tried this yet.
                            Really? I need a purifying mask at the moment coz my Lancome Pure Emprete is running out soon. And I find it is a bit dry for my skin if I apply too long and too often. Usually, I do it 2 times per week. Maybe I can try on the Precision Instant Purifying Mask. For the hydrating mask, not sure suitable for Combination to Oily SKin or not. :roll:

Thanks for ur info, Fiona.

Comment

Originally posted by appleger
                              what kind of pain do you encounter when using the lancome makeup remover?

Both the gentle cleansing milk and biphase eye makeup remover are from the precision line. I have not use any other products thus I cant really give you a review on this but IIRC, chanel skincare products are discussed in cozyskin before.
                              If I am not wrong, the cleansing milk cost $36, the eye makeup remover cost $29 and glossimer about $28.
                              The pain is like ur skin is thin or fine, when u apply something on that , got the irritating feeling. Luckily, it disappeared after a while.

I read on the discussions in Cosyskin regarding to Chanel products, but there are not many that can be my references.
                              I may want to get the glossimer. I heard that the colour is very beautiful after applying.

Thanks, Appleger.

Comment

Working...
                              X