Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mascara Base

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mascara Base

    Wonder if any of u ladies use mascara base to prep your lashes before applying mascara? Any good recommendations?


    I was using watosa mascara base but it's not available in s'pore anymore. IMO find that when i use a mascara base, my lashes are more defined and tend to curl, lengthen or voluminises better.

  • #2
    i use dramatical eyes one Not selling in sg, u can find in HK or TW

    Comment


    • #3
      just in case you gals are interested, this website sells Dramatical mascaras if i remember correctly, it cost abt SGD18 for one mascara, that include shipping fee.
      http://www.gooddealer.com/frameindex_eng.html

      fyi, this website is from HK.

      Comment


      • #4
        Just don't try lancome's Cil Booster. It uncurl your lashes and weight it down. I totally regret getting it.

        Ayura's has very good lash primer. I really like it. It helps to curl, lengthen and volumize. Try it.

        Comment


        • #5
          i heard shideiso's mascara base is pretty good. defines and plumps up lashes and holds a curl!

          many rave reviews here:

          shall try it myself when i have saved up enough money.

          HTH!
          Last edited by Starscope; 25-09-2003, 10:09 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fornight
            lancome's Cil Booster. It uncurl your lashes and weight it down. I totally regret getting it.
            Ditto! When i first bought it, i thought it was my problem too. Because what i heard was raves.

            Really regretted getting this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Starscope
              i heard shideiso's mascara base is pretty good. defines and plumps up lashes and holds a curl!
              Sounds good! Shall give this a shot next.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by candeecake
                just in case you gals are interested, this website sells Dramatical mascaras if i remember correctly, it cost abt SGD18 for one mascara, that include shipping fee.
                http://www.gooddealer.com/frameindex_eng.html

                fyi, this website is from HK.
                thanks for the info!! I saw the base and top coat there, how come no black ones???? :huh: :huh:

                Comment


                • #9
                  jemay, they have mascara top coat, base and the volume mascara. since they are using frames for their website, it's hard for me to give you the exact link. here's what i search for the mascara:
                  1. click on any one item from this page:
                  http://www.gooddealer.com/frameindex_eng.html
                  click on "Shiseido Body cream" for example.
                  2. then click on "Shopping Mall" on the left.
                  3. click on the pink "Search" button (on the right)
                  4. then select "Shiseido" for brand, then "Eye Lash" for Category.

                  i think they don't have the Dramatical LONG mascara, or maybe they ran out of stock. the last time i ordered from them, they don't even have the base coat. HTH

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow...luckily i did not get Lancome's base...

                    will definitely check the shiseido's one out!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Starscope
                      i heard shideiso's mascara base is pretty good. defines and plumps up lashes and holds a curl!
                      This is excellent! It holds the curls really well after curling the lashes with a curler! Not too sure about plumping up the lashes. But it is definitely much better than Lancome's mascara base! It is a must have product for asian's straight eyelashes.
                      Last edited by dolphin; 29-12-2003, 10:31 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I heard good stuff about the IPSA base. It's double-ended, one is a clear gel for volume and the other end is a white base with fibre for lengthening!

                        I am definately lemming to try this out!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by elainetsai
                          I heard good stuff about the IPSA base. It's double-ended, one is a clear gel for volume and the other end is a white base with fibre for lengthening!

                          I am definately lemming to try this out!
                          i tried this at the counter when it was first launched!
                          it's really fantastic! i didn't know my lashes could be that long and full. however, IIRC, it's $43!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i'm using shiseido's mascara base too! Just like what dolphin had said, it holds the curl very well and thickens my lashes too! it!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by leeleen
                              i tried this at the counter when it was first launched!
                              it's really fantastic! i didn't know my lashes could be that long and full. however, IIRC, it's $43!
                              I've got this IPSA mascara base and really like it. Thickens lashes really well and adds length too. But the price is a major deterrent for repurchasing. Might get the Shiseido one next since I mainly use the clear (volumizing) end more often. I use Fasio Lengthening mascara after the base so that takes care of the lengthening part.

                              Other mascara bases I tried are KP and the Revlon Fantasy Lash. Both are the white fibre types and are rather dry and thick in texture, especially after a while of opening the tube. Prefer the clear gel bases which are easier to apply.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X