Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Full Coverage Foundation?

Hey there!

I'm looking for a medium/full - full coverage foundation that doesn't look like I have a ton of warpaint on my face. Something that looks quasi-natural, and has a good finish--not too matte, but not too luminous either (I tend to break out). I currently have Kevyn Aucoin's sensual skin enhancer, which would have fit the bill, but alas it breaks me out. I've tried Mac Full Coverage, and it's ok and the color is great for me (NC30) but it doesn't look very "fine" up close. MUFE stick has no color options for me. Does anyone have any recommendations? Oh, and one more thing, I'm that really yellow chick who needs all the yellow she can get.

Cheers!

Katie

RMK creamy foundation has very good coverage and is suitable for oily skin. The texture is a little dry (at least for the sample I tried) but this can be solved by mixing with a moisturiser or moisturising well before applying. I heard that it oxidises without a base though so you may have to go a shade lighter. The coverage is natural, matte but not dry. No need for concealor using this; covers blemishes very well. I am looking for a full-coverage fdn too and may buy this. HTH!

Comment

yeap, i've tried and fallen in love with RMK foundations. the coverage is seriously good. the liquid one works well for me, because it still covers despite being almost watery.

do go down to any RMK counter and ask for samples!

Comment

Ah, I wish I could do that! But I'm in Washington DC. I doubt there are any RMK counters here--I wish!!! Where else could I get samples?

Comment

Usually it's the Japanese lines that make heavier-coveraged foundation.

However, all hope is not lost in the US Here are a few I've tried which I think is medium coveraged at least. And they are good.

Illuminare foundations
          This is a mineral foundation. In general, mineral foundations tend to be of very good coverage. If you like the Kevyn Aucoin Enhancer, you would love this. Neutral colours too.

Bare Escentuals powder foundationAs I said previously, all mineral foundations are of very very heavy coverage. This one being no exception. You can use it wet for even more coverage. Neutral colours as well.

Chanel Vitalumiere
          I have this and like it. You can even look natural with this.

I also believe Clinique as well as EL have foundations that provide heavy coverage.

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations! But can you believe, I have tried them all with the exception of Illuminare? And their color selection is so limited. None of them have a color match for me--with the BE, I had to mix in colored micas and oxides, and that whole process is just too much hassle. Even Chanel, well, I didn't find the Vitalumiere Creme to have enough coverage, and there wasn't anything yellow enough. I had to mix in yellow colorants as well. SO frustrating! So I'm thinking I've just got to get some Asian foundations that aren't marketed in the US. You say Japanese are the best for full coverage? I guess maybe I should check out Covermark. Any other recs? RMK sounds good, but I think I read on previous posts that it's not quite yellow enough for my skintone, more peachy I guess.

Comment

i heard that prescriptive photochrome and lancome teint idole have good coverage and yet looks good, anyone tried before?

Comment

i've tried RMK creamy and its great! however if i try to apply this all over the face, it looks very mask like. not so if i apply to areas that require it only too bad the few times i tried it i broke out. i might have to give it a few more chances to see if it truly broke me out

what shade do you wear in KA SSE? i'm NC30 too and i wear RMK creamy in 103. if you'd like i could get samples for you when i have the time PM me

Comment

The most heavy duty yellow based foundation i've tried is Shu Uemera's Water in Cake foundation. Despite being really heavy and full coverage, it didnt break me out or make me look like a circus clown. The only reason why i didnt repurchase this is becuase i am over the full coverage craze.

HTH!!

Comment

I will rec clinique's clarifying MU formula. especially if u have blemished skin...cos this has salicylic acid. Its quite dryin tho... if u have dry skin, avoid this. if u have oily skin, this mattifies and covers quite well. and doesnt oxidise at all..

Comment

Just wondering why do you need such heavy coverge? If its only because of some blemishes or marks, you may want to use a concealer before foundation so that you dont need heavy coverage on parts which you dont need to cover much at all. HTH!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
                        i've tried RMK creamy and its great! however if i try to apply this all over the face, it looks very mask like. not so if i apply to areas that require it only too bad the few times i tried it i broke out. i might have to give it a few more chances to see if it truly broke me out

what shade do you wear in KA SSE? i'm NC30 too and i wear RMK creamy in 103. if you'd like i could get samples for you when i have the time PM me
                        Hi there,

In KA SSE I mix SX06 with SX08. A pricey investment, I know! I would imagine mixing SX04 with SX08 would also be suitable if you want a little less orange. SX04 and SX06 have the same amount of yellow, but SX06 has more red in it and is a half shade darker.

Samples would be very cool! Maybe we could swap SSE for RMK? LMK if you are interested.

kt

Comment

Originally posted by appleger
                          Just wondering why do you need such heavy coverge? If its only because of some blemishes or marks, you may want to use a concealer before foundation so that you dont need heavy coverage on parts which you dont need to cover much at all. HTH!
                          Well, I have scattered marks and lots of cheek ruddiness, but it's all over the place, so spot applying concealer would take FOREVER. It's easier to just cover everything in one clean shot. I like to use full coverage foundation thinly and sparingly, as opposed to having to use a sheer one and glopping on tons just to get something covered. Plus you're getting more pigment--as much as sheer foundations are nice and all, you can sheer out any full coverage foundation if you want with moisturizer or primer. Just more options from my point of view, and slightly more economical than something sheer, since I end up using less product at a time.

Comment

ic ic....
                            like karen mentioned, its usually the japanese brands which makes heavy coverage foundations.
                            I do remember Shu Uemura has a cream foundation and i think it has pretty good coverage too. Do check out Shu.

Comment

hi,

covermark makes foundation with good coverage but looks natural and also does not break those with acne skin out! some recomendations are:

1) Covermark softpact (compact cream foundation)
                              2) Covermark Extra Formula foundation (also has a creamy texture but comes in a tub and spatula)

u can refer to the covermark thread for more details

Comment

Working...
                              X