Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White opaque base for Geisha face

Hello girls!

Any ideas where to get white makeup for a low price? Or can even lend me *cross fingers*
    I've found grease paint at CHinese opera school for $5 but sounds bad for skin, even for 3 hours.
    Friend suggested those white powder in quaint square boxes that our grandma used.
    Kryolan will be expensive

I'm going a bit nuts, even spent some time looking at vintage lovely kimonos on sale and have handstitched half of a dismal prototype (it's just straight lines and 4 pieces of rectangles)

Hmmm ... I have no idea!! Sorry. You might like to do a google on geisha makeup perhaps?

Comment

I have those white square box type powders. It really makes your skin look WHITE, but not geisha opague white though.

Comment

MMmMMm... it's cheap! Worth a try!
        I do have Shu's small round pan of white cream m/u but it isn't opaque. Perhaps it will work when topped with this *ting*
        The more senior the geisha, the less drama (white) their makeup. The most senior ones done au naturel skin.

Comment

I suppose if you're old & wrinkly, the white stuff is gonna settle into the crevices ... clever geishas. LoL

Comment

Bunlett! I see you're going ahead with ghastly geisha

Comment

hey paph,

i think getting theatre face paint would work ! i don't really think there's much else you could use without damaging your skin but i'm not too sure if face paint is bad... you could try using flour and water .... ?

ok bad suggestion !

Comment

a bit OT but still about dramatic stage makeup...

anyone has any idea what eyeliner or e/s out there that is really bright...i mean really really bright opaque colours

i'm looking for silvers, greens, anything actually

the school palette costs $170...no bleeding way am i getting that. these buggers make it compulsory that we need to use such m/u for our exams but they do not provide the supplies....i refuse to buy anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by blushed2003
                  a bit OT but still about dramatic stage makeup...

anyone has any idea what eyeliner or e/s out there that is really bright...i mean really really bright opaque colours

i'm looking for silvers, greens, anything actually

the school palette costs $170...no bleeding way am i getting that. these buggers make it compulsory that we need to use such m/u for our exams but they do not provide the supplies....i refuse to buy anymore!
                  Have you tried places like Cosmoprof which sells special effects make-up? I reckon if you just get what you need, the total price may still be reasonable?

Comment

yeah maybe i should try cosmoprof. thanks

Comment

i read an article on geisha and their makeup somewhere, and apparently in modern times, after discovering that lead is toxic, they use rice powder. maybe you can try making a paste of rice powder and water for makeup base =)

Comment

Working...
                      X