Addicted to makeup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addicted to makeup?

Do you feel like you should ever just stop buying more makeup?

I just checked my ebay account and it says ive spent $303 in the past 30 days. And that's just on ebay. With my dads credit card. Eeeps. He told me I could buy some new makeup since I didnt have anything that didnt break me out but I think I should stop now. I'm seriously addicted. Ive been doing nothing but buying buying buying.

Someone please tell me to stop now.

Please?

How do I stop this addiction?

I've got the same problem as you! I've been buying lots and lots of makeup with my own money!
    But I've told myself to stop now because I need to save money to buy the Stila Holiday Palettes (which is also makeup! )
    Well, at least I've restrained myself for this month!

Comment

No to worry so much, this may be a passing fad. Cos once you realised you have too many things, your lemming for make-up will be greatly reduced. It does not mean you will not buy anything anymore, but it will be much lesser in quantity.

I went thru that in July and August also. And I am glad to say that though I still want to buy certain skin care and make-up these days, the draw is no longer like a few months ago

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this!

With me, it does pass. I'll do it for several weeks and then stop for a while and then do it again. I thought I had completely stopped but I guess it was only temporary. Perhaps I will buy a lot less when I find my HG items ... a lot of items are still breaking me out.

But it does seem, as time goes on, I buy more expensive stuff.

But I think instead of buying from now on Ill decide what I really *need* and swap the rest. At least that way, Ill still be getting stuff and not spend my dads money so much. hehe. And .. my mom has been complaining about me having too much stuff ....i have several big boxes in the bathroom. Hmph.

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
          No to worry so much, this may be a passing fad. Cos once you realised you have too many things, your lemming for make-up will be greatly reduced. It does not mean you will not buy anything anymore, but it will be much lesser in quantity.

I went thru that in July and August also. And I am glad to say that though I still want to buy certain skin care and make-up these days, the draw is no longer like a few months ago
          totally agree! was spending like mad in aug and sept. but now, will think more, of whether the gwp is worth it, of whether i need another blusher when i have 30 of them....

Comment

You're totally not alone in this...I think my addiction is quite bad. It started last Nov with Shu Uemura products and before that I was already buying make up but with restraint and rationality.

Since then, I've been buying and buying everytime I go out. Even my brother teases me about it. I don't think many of my friends know about this cos they're not really into makeup and I usually shop alone when it comes to makeup as I think I'll be embarrassed if they knew how hung up I am!

GLad to say...I've toned done in recent months but its certainly coming back again. It's really on and off for me.

I guess Vonnie is quite right....when you realised you have tons of makeup stash away...lemmings will die off especially if you're like me...always buying certain shades of an e/s, lipgloss etc...

Comment

I'm addicted too. Although I have tons of makeup but my desire to get more never get less. MUA has helped in fullfilling some of my wishes.

Comment

You are certainly not alone. I went through a crazy phase of makeup buying a few months ago, spending up to USD$500 in a month. Then I realised I had gone overboard, buying things which I didn't really need so I stopped. I haven't a single makeup in a month and I no longer have strong lemmings for them. I think I'll just use the money for haircare and skincare which are really more practical.

Comment

i went crazy buying when i first joined MUA and CC.. nonstop spending on makeup and CPs until i reached a point where i just didn't dare to count how much i spent..

thank goodness the lemmings have died down and a good point is that SG receives alot of collections much later than other countries.. so i'll try to swap for whatever i want and if i can't get it, i'll buy them in the end.. BUT only if they are LE (or if i want it very badly!)

the rest.. trying hard to control myself to stick to swapping

funny thing though, bf looks at my stuff and says "that's it?"

Comment

it's true abt it being a good thing SG gets things later. sometimes by the time it arrives here, i don't want it that badly anymore

i spent a lot in june/july/aug...this month i only bought 1 e/s..

Comment

Ahh I wish we got things later here ... it would probaly be a good thing! But I live in a major US city and we get things on time, if not early. You wouldn't believe how many cosmetic counters they have here. The fortunate thing is I don't have a car so I cant go to the malls or anything, otherwise i would probaly be spending more. I've been sticking w/ ebay.

I might just find a few staple items and stick with them, hehe. I have so much to swap. :roll:

Comment

i know how you feel for the past few months i've been spending too much money on skincare and make up. reading this forum is very bad for your wallet ha ha.

i think realizing that you spent too much is a step in the right direction, so now you will really evaluate if you really really need something before you buy.

i realized it when i bought so much new stuff, that i haven't even tried/played with the semi-new stuff yet. so, i decided that i should slow down, so that i can enjoy the new things as i buy.

:shout: we need to save money so that we can buy what we *really* want in the future. ha ha.

but we really deserve it, don't we?

hey, what did you buy from e-bay? any good stuff?

i'm not that good at the e-bay bidding thing. i always get outbid. but maybe it's a good thing?

Comment

I guess I just got lucky on ebay, only got outbid a couple times. Here's everything I bought so far ...

Shiseido UV Protective Lip Balm in Sweet Breeze
                          UD Colector's Tin
                          Burts Bees Sample Lot - 24 pcs.
                          Shiseido UV White Foundation and Moisturizer
                          Kanebo Naive Peach Cleaning Foam
                          Kose Softymo Nose Pore Clean Remover Pack
                          Stila 10 watts Illuminating Foundation
                          Anna Sui Makeup Case
                          Anna Sui Pressed Powder in #702
                          Mark Let's Be Clear Blemish Gel
                          Shiseido Whitening Softener II
                          Kose Clear White Face Mask
                          Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Violene
                          MAC Eyeliner in lt. blue
                          Stila Convertible Lip Color in Currant Bloom
                          MAC Iridescent Powder in Dolled Up
                          Chanel Aqualuminers 2003 Palette
                          Clarins Gentle Day Cream
                          UD XXX Shine Gloss Palette
                          Sisley Botanical Concealer in Natural
                          Prada lip balm in Nude Rose
                          Chanel black drawstring bag
                          Shiseido Cream Foundation in Nat. Light Ivory/Concealer in Medium
                          Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam
                          Shiseido Purify Cleansing Foam II
                          Shiseido water in lip masks
                          Shisedo 7 pc. cleanser & creams

I know there's more - ebay will only let me access the items i bought for the last 30 days.

Comment

yeah i agree, i'm also kind of addicted to makeup, keep suring CozyCot to read up on the latest makeup news

hey popsicle we are the same. i also buy makeup alone cos my friends will probably faint if they know the amount i buy. the thing is i was never into makeup in school, it was only when i started working that i got into this crazy phase... :roll: maybe we should go out shopping together ah? then at least we won't feel so embarassed...

Comment

Hi! I'm so addicted to MU after joining MUA too =( And though I have a stash of MU, I'm still not satisfied... Can anyone tell me how to kill my lemmings? I have so many!!

MAC AM Quad
                              MAC PM Quad
                              Stila Mod Look #3
                              Stila Confections for eyes
                              Stila Deluxe Assortment
                              NARS Blush in Orgasm
                              Sue Devitt Blush in East Hampton & Belize
                              etc...

ANd when I pop down to the mall, I always have the urge to get something though I know that I might not use it... Can anyone pls help? TIA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X