Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Earth Face Collection

Creamy Foundation

Read about this in an Oz mag (B.) and checked it out yesterday. The palest colour is not pale nor yellow enuf. The stuff seems to settle in quite slowly. Only after rubbing it in for a good 4-5 seconds did I see that the colour was not that dark. I'm really curious but am quite chicken to try it now. BTW, this is "specially created for dry and mature skin."

Corrective Makeup Base

This was a pleasant surprise. They have 4 basic colours:
    Beige for uneven skin tone
    Blue for yellow skin tone
    Green for reddish skin tone
    Purple for dull skin tone

Tried the Purple one. The SA assures me there're no shimmer particles. I could see a nice sheen on the hand where she rubbed it in. Really nice. BUT I was put off by this layer of oil-like stuff that got separated when I first tried to dispense the fluid. The SA then told me I'd have to shake the base before usage.

I was also informed that all the products are oil-free. The Liquid Foundation, "with its refreshing, light texture, provides superb coverage and a translucent matt finish. It moisturises as it minimizes flaws, to create even texture and tone."

Re: Red Earth Face Collection

Hiyee Glossie

I bought their corrective base (green) before. Was alittle disappointed.

How about you? Any comments on their products?

Last edited by Glossie; 27-12-2003, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I used to work for them.. Personally, I don't really like their products. And the SAs do not have much knowledge about their products.. I was told to lie to customers about the products.. I was so disgusted that i quit after a month

Comment

Re: Red Earth Face Collection

Originally posted by Glossie
        Tried the Purple one. The SA assures me there're no shimmer particles. I could see a nice sheen on the hand where she rubbed it in. Really nice. BUT I was put off by this layer of oil-like stuff that got separated when I first tried to dispense the fluid. The SA then told me I'd have to shake the base before usage.
        Hey, I have this purple one. It is supposed to add radiance to yellow-toned skin. The layer that came out is actual just oil-free fluid. Not oily to the touch at all I would say it is not that bad as a base. Not oily, doesn't break me out. But I have been so lazy about using it cos I am not really a make-up base person. I am giving it up for sale or swap! Anyone who is interested can pm me

Comment

Re: Re: Red Earth Face Collection

Originally posted by pinkvenom
          I bought their corrective base (green) before. Was alittle disappointed.
          How were you disppointed with it? Did it do its basic job of toning down redness? It broke you out? It ran muddy on you? It caked on you?

Comment

Re: Re: Red Earth Face Collection

Originally posted by Vonnie
            Hey, I have this purple one. It is supposed to add radiance to yellow-toned skin. The layer that came out is actual just oil-free fluid. Not oily to the touch at all I would say it is not that bad as a base. Not oily, doesn't break me out.
            Sounds like colour-corrective products don't work for you? Maybe you give it another shot by mixing it with your regular foundation? Weren't you the one who gave me the same idea?

Altho the sheen imparted looks nice, I can't vouch for what happens after the loose powder goes on top. I'm really more curious about the foundation as it was recommended in the mag.
            Last edited by Glossie; 23-10-2003, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by qiu
              .. I was told to lie to customers about the products.. I was so disgusted that i quit after a month
              What a revelation. I actually had good experience with a coupla SAs at RE, City Hall. There was this lovely young lady who shed light on why some lippies just won't work on me. Yesterday, the SA who attended to me was very patient (altho I seemed to detect some degree of condescension - but maybe I was too sensitive) with me. Oh, but I had to repeat myself twice that my skin's dry and not oily

Comment

Maybe it's just my outlet.. The manager's very despicable!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Red Earth Face Collection

Sounds like colour-corrective products don't work for you? Maybe you give it another shot by mixing it with your regular foundation? Weren't you the one who gave me the same idea?

Altho the sheen imparted looks nice, I can't vouch what happens after the loose powder goes on top. I'm really more curious about the foundation as it was recommended in the mag.
                  Did I tell you to mix colour corrector with your foundation? :sotong: Oops, I don't remember that

Well, not that it doesn't work on me.... I have to agree that there is a different look imparted after I use the purple corrector under my foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gave me a "different" look. Perhaps that is the radiance which I didn't know how to identify!!

It was fine after topping up with l/p. Like what I say, it evens out the entire face. But I have not used correctors from other brands before, so I cannot comment on how it compares.

In my case, I am not giving it up cos it doesn't work. But more cos I am lazy to do the additional step

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Earth Face Collection

Did I tell you to mix colour corrector with your foundation? :sotong: Oops, I don't remember that
                    You told me about mixing corrective LOOSE POWDER into our regular powder for the radiance, IIRC

In my case, I am not giving it up cos it doesn't work. But more cos I am lazy to do the additional step
                    Same same [email protected] But if you mix it with your foundation, you can consider it half a step cut short!
                    Last edited by Glossie; 23-10-2003, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Earth Face Collection

You told me about mixing corrective LOOSE POWDER into our regular powder for the radiance, IIRC
                      Oh, oh... sorry, I somehow didn't relate the mixing powder colour correctors into l/p to mixing liquid correctors into foudation Yah... but that will mean I have to premix cos mixing every morning will take up more time than if I were to put them on separately. I don't think the mixture will hold well since you saw the Red Earth one separating even before being mixed with anything :sotong:

Comment

Pre-mixing

Yah... but that will mean I have to premix cos mixing every morning will take up more time than if I were to put them on separately. I don't think the mixture will hold well since you saw the Red Earth one separating even before being mixed with anything :sotong:
                        Shouldn't take up much time, really, unless you're very particular about mixing just the right amounts of each product to achieve the perfect match (for the case of 2 foundations).

Pre-mixing is a no-go, yes? It was you who said there's the concern of "technical breakdown"? Did I quote you correctly?

Comment

Re: Pre-mixing

Shouldn't take up much time, really, unless you're very particular about mixing just the right amounts of each product to achieve the perfect match (for the case of 2 foundations).
                          Hmmm... true, perhaps it is due to my training. We have to be really precise when we mix things

Pre-mixing is a no-go, yes? It was you who said there's the concern of "technical breakdown"? Did I quote you correctly?
                          Pre-mixing of the liquid with the same properties (eg same brand, same range) is perfectly fine. But pre-mixing those with vastly different properties (eg liq with creamy foundation) is best avoided cos of the stability of the final mixture involved. On the whole, you quoted me quite right

Comment

Red Earth New Range Cosmetics

Ok girls, anyone using the new range Red Earth Products ?? I bought their eyeliner the previous day it works soo well. Just a simple line & it looked so good and dark !!!! Cost $18 but with the discount $16++
                            Last edited by atypical; 26-12-2003, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X