Prominent High cheekbones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prominent High cheekbones

Hello members, May i know any makeup tricks way to minimise my prominent high cheekbones due to my oval - heart shaped face .. those prominent high cheekbones looks angular how can i minimise them. Look wide though .... Anyone encountered the same problem too ???
    Last edited by Chantille; 24-11-2003, 01:59 PM.

Hello anyone I'm sure there are Comeon ~~ Suggestion ~

Comment

You're quick in joining in the postings!

I have quite prominent cheekbones too but I really don't bother with visual tricks.

Here's my 2 cents: For makeup, I can only think of diverting people's attn to your lips with bold or bright colours, or play up your eyes. Your hairdo also can help to flatter other attractive features of your face.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
        You're quick in joining in the postings!

I have quite prominent cheekbones too but I really don't bother with visual tricks.

Here's my 2 cents: For makeup, I can only think of diverting people's attn to your lips with bold or bright colours, or play up your eyes. Your hairdo also can help to flatter other attractive features of your face.
        Yea i'm kinda addicted to this forum cos so much tip in makeup and brands u members have been using .. Thanks for the tips ... I think i will playup my eye and lips then .... Maybe i will be doing smoky ones then i might post it up and let u members see alright . Thanks glossie
        Last edited by atypical; 24-11-2003, 05:52 PM.

Comment

But your blush nearer/ more concentrated towards your nose bridge.
          This really pulls the focus towards the center of the face and distracts from the wideness of the cheekbones.

Comment

Originally posted by paphio
            But your blush nearer/ more concentrated towards your nose bridge.
            This really pulls the focus towards the center of the face and distracts from the wideness of the cheekbones.

Ohh u mean i can use the blushed to brush across/at the nose bridge ... recent i bought the canmake luminous blusher cant wait to try it out

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
              Ohh u mean i can use the blushed to brush across/at the nose bridge ...
              Paphio meant you could apply the blusher nearer or towards the bridge instead of on the apples of your cheeks - where your prominent cheekbones are. The point is to draw attention away from the features you wish to lay low.

Applying it across the nose Faye Wong's style is fine too!

Comment

Paphio meant you could apply the blusher nearer or towards the bridge instead of on the apples of your cheeks - where your prominent cheekbones are. The point is to draw attention away from the features you wish to lay low.

Applying it across the nose Faye Wong's style is fine too!

hello glossie u really know me Fann wong does that too when i flip thru some her magazines haha

Comment

Originally posted by Chantille
                  hello glossie u really know me Fann wong does that too when i flip thru some her magazines haha
                  Oi, I said FAYE Wong. Did Fann Wong really apply blusher that way? I remember some girls copied Faye Wong back then. Somehow they ended up looking like red indians but it's a refreshing change

Comment

Oi, I said FAYE Wong. Did Fann Wong really apply blusher that way? I remember some girls copied Faye Wong back then. Somehow they ended up looking like red indians but it's a refreshing change
                    Yeap i know u refering to faye wong too But fann did it too with juz some light orange blush .. MAybe those gals use too pinkish blush or apply to heavy i read one magazines says that we have to stand 5 ft away from our mirror to apply blush as it is the accurate and wont happened to be some opera performance

Comment

But won't that lead you to apply more so that the blush is noticeable enuf?? I'd check under natural daylight and UP CLOSE -real close. Only young girls can escape with opera performance

I can escape whhahaha

Comment

I also have a heart shape face and I play down my cheekbones by sweeping blush closer to my nose and horizontally across the apples of the cheeks instead of upwards. This makes the face look wider and slightly rounder (at least this was taught during a grooming course I had to attend during my convent school days). Don't apply blush in the hollow of your cheeks too.

Vice versa, if you want to emphasize your cheekbones, you sweep the blush in an upstroke manner.

Comment

heh I would love to have high cheekbones! Cannot really find my cheekbones at all...

Comment

Originally posted by popsicle
                            I also have a heart shape face and I play down my cheekbones by sweeping blush closer to my nose and horizontally across the apples of the cheeks instead of upwards. This makes the face look wider and slightly rounder (at least this was taught during a grooming course I had to attend during my convent school days). Don't apply blush in the hollow of your cheeks too.

Vice versa, if you want to emphasize your cheekbones, you sweep the blush in an upstroke manner.
                            Do u find ur cheekbones wide, prominent and high too ... i *** dislike it .. how abt u ?

Comment

last time i also find my cheekbone too high. but a friend of mine told me that actually high cheekbone is nice. a flatter face (lower cheekbone) is not that nice compared to a higher cheekbone. maybe also varies among pple. but if face is wide (like oval/diamond) and yet its flatten, then it wont look that nice right?

to bring down the high cheekbone, apply blusher starting frm the higher pt (below eye) down towards the mouth, avoiding the apple. dont use too pinkish tone also will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X