MAC Powders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC Powders

not sure if i should start a new thread on this but i would like to find out if MAC blotting powder does a good job of keeping the oil away. my face is always so oily and i really don't know what should i use to keep the shine at bay. anybody can advise?

TIA
    Last edited by atypical; 29-11-2003, 02:13 AM.

Originally posted by caer
    not sure if i should start a new thread on this but i would like to find out if MAC blotting powder does a good job of keeping the oil away. my face is always so oily and i really don't know what should i use to keep the shine at bay. anybody can advise?

TIA
    I just got this in my swap. Will use this later and update you

Comment

TIA
      I just started on the blotting powder not too long ago. If you do not have very oily skin, this would work fine and keep your oil at bay. I didn't find its oil control properties very great though. I still use my blotting paper in between. What is good about the blotting powder is that it doesn't make your face look blotchy and chalky after you apply it. I didn't have any outbreaks too. Will update after I test run this longer.

Comment

TIA

Have used this in a couple of years ago when my skin was really oily. This don't cause me any breakouts and does not clog my pores but sad to say, its oil control is not as good.

Comment

Blot powder is not meant to control oil. It's mainly used as a touch up tool. To take away shine when you get the mid day oilies.

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
            Blot powder is not meant to control oil. It's mainly used as a touch up tool. To take away shine when you get the mid day oilies.
            oops I didn't know that. So it works more like a pressed powder? I thought it was meant as an oil conrol tool and that I could throw away my blotting papers for good

Comment

Lisss & Caer-> I tried the MAC blotting powder this afternoon after my lunch. This is good for touching up if you have the habit. It doesn't make my makeup look blotchy while taking away the oil at the same time. It does accentuates my dry area and makes my skin look a bit flaky. I'm keeping this when my skin's turning oilier once I finished my course of medication.

As for oil controlling properties, I can't judge much coz my skin tends to be dehydrated in the air-conditoned office. Like what Stella says, this is a touch up tool.

This is better for oilier/combination skin, I say.

*praying hard that I won't have breakouts the next day*

Comment

Meow meow .. you still need blotters? Isn't the blot powder enough to "suck" the oil away?

Comment

Originally posted by atypical
                  Meow meow .. you still need blotters? Isn't the blot powder enough to "suck" the oil away?
                  I wish but it was not enough to 'suck' my oil unfortunately. The oil comes back to me within an hour after I use the blot powder. And I was afraid that the powder would clog my pores so I only use it once or twice a day. The rest of the day I will just use my blotting paper I have too much oil on my t-zone

MAC blot powder is excellent as a touch-up though. It does not give you the cakey blotchy look.

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
                    lemming is slightly stirred for this - Star Iridescent Powder

lemmings for the belightful AND star iridescent powder!! is it available in singapore? when is it coming?

Comment

star should be out with the rest of holidazzle.. belightful came out with go lightly.. not sure if its still available though..

Comment

Don't know if Belightful is avaiulable downtown but we have them at the airport.

Comment

Does anyone here know if the iridescent powders are more shimmery than the sheer shimmer powders? I want something very shimmery. BB shimmerbrick wasn't shimmery enough for me!

Comment

Iridescents are more shimmery than the Sheer Shimmers.

Comment

anybody tried the star! iridescent powder? saw it at the counter.. looks rather sheer for me, don't think i'll look any different after using it. any reviews?

Comment

Working...
                              X