Makeup for Sensitive / acne-prone skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeup for Sensitive / acne-prone skin

i have really bad skin.. was prone to acne few years back but under doc's medication my skin is better now.. but stil prone to tiny whiteheads n blackheads.. they never seem to leave.... sad..

so i have some prob with makeup too.. i don't know y.. makeupe seems to make my skin worse.. even putting eyeshadow cause some little whiteheads on my skin near my eyebrows...

anyone has any recommendations ?
    i m currently using clinique's and estee lauder's range of cosmetics..
    i read that some brands like fancl... they have makeup specially for acne-prone skins.. any raves?

thanks

1. Keep tools clean

Maybe wash your brushes or sponges, after each use? Or at least once every 2 days? For my compact sponge, I wash after each use, I usually buy quite a few sponges so I rotate them daily. Powder puff I will wash once a week

2. Under makeup primer

This may help create a barrier between your skin and makeup itself. Look for an oil-free non-comedogenic one. I can't think of any brand at hand but do a board search

3. Cleanse

Do cleanse off all makeup thoroughly at the end of the day. Do not skimp on a good makeup remover (they don't have to be expensive). Again do a board search

HTH and Happy searching & reading!!

Comment

I would says clinique brand not bad . I think u need to wash all the brushes each used. U went to see doc but still has white and blackhead? My frends also went to see doc few yr back in skin centre they prescribed her differin and she was heal tremendously flawless! i recommend hmmm u steam ur face at least once a week then use a peel off mask to take out those impurities form ur face .. But dun steam often as it is not good .

Comment

hi, Chantille. Initially, I had the same thinking too, steaming is good for cleaning the pore. However, my beautician told me that it is not advisable for acne-prone skin to have hot steam.

Yes, there are 2 steams: Hot & cold steam. What she does on me everything I go for facial: she only does cold steam for me to sooth my face & "close" up my pores. My face feel calm and scars are less obvious. Before changing to this beautician, my previous beautician did hot steam for me everytime. I got more breakouts at the end.

From what she told me, hot steam is good for normal & not sensitive skin. Cold steam is the other way round.
        Last edited by Glossie; 13-12-2004, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Cold steam, well mine was oily skin get really oily from morning i wakes up. I steam my face once a month(the philip facial sauna) to open my pores then use a peel off mask for impurities . I lift my face a distance apart from the sauna as to prevent no to get too hot .. i got the information from a skin care book the title is "beautiful body, beautiful skin" by norma knox
          Last edited by Glossie; 13-12-2004, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Is the steam hot or cold? :roll:
            Last edited by Glossie; 13-12-2004, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Re: makeup for bad skin

Originally posted by cherrybomb
              i have really bad skin.. was prone to acne few years back but under doc's medication my skin is better now.. but stil prone to tiny whiteheads n blackheads.. they never seem to leave.... sad..

so i have some prob with makeup too.. i don't know y.. makeupe seems to make my skin worse.. even putting eyeshadow cause some little whiteheads on my skin near my eyebrows...

anyone has any recommendations ?
              i m currently using clinique's and estee lauder's range of cosmetics..
              i read that some brands like fancl... they have makeup specially for acne-prone skins.. any raves?

thanks
              Off topic alittle first:
              I have not-so-good skin too. Do you know what are the reasons for your breakouts? Where on your face do you find those pimples and whiteheads?

My boyfriend was the one who trained me on taking extra care of my skin, which has become much better.
              - Change pillow cases every week.
              - Change towels everyday.
              - Clean makeup brushes every week or so.
              - Use anti bacteria (with triclosan) cleansing gel but do cleanse your face entirely first with makeup remover.
              - Tie up your hair to prevent hair coming in contact with your face.

On topic again:
              - Try Prescriptives, although not that popular for problem-skin. makeup. I find that the liquid foundation does not cause breakouts.
              - get waterbased foundations. Tried Laneign] and found the texture soothing on skin. it's sheer to medium coverage, and can be layered. not as expensive as other brands. SGD$40.
              - Fancl's washing powder may be too harsh and dries out your skin.
              - Biotherm acnopur foundations, which I had used before, is drying too. $60 I think.
              - RMK stays on matte for long hours but may cause breakouts on some people so be advised on this before you risk to try out.

GOod luck girl, and be positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shon
                Is the steam hot or cold? :roll:

Hot steam. The book specific that only sensitive skin dun really encourage to have hot steam

Comment

How do you clean your brushes and sponges? Do you rinse them under water and leave them to dry... or???

Comment

Cold "steam" isn't steam ... it's just water vapor. Being a little pedantic here.

Anyways, you need to wash you brushes with shampoo - lather using a circular motion on your palm and rinse. Repeat if the water doesn't run clear. Then condition for a few minutes and rinse clean. Then squeeze out excess water and use a paper towel to absorb moisture. Reshape using fingers and lay it flat with the hair tips protruding beyond table edge to dry so the water doesn't get into the ferrule so the brush doesn't shed from weakened glue.

Comment

You can use a clarifying shampoo every couple washes to get rid of buildup. I just use Dove and have no probs with it. You MUST rinse it completely. The silicones still build up somewhat but I'm not acne prone so I really can't tell.

Comment

Cherry bomb,

I have the same problem for ages. It got worse with my pregnancy. Although now its under control I have so many acne scars all over, it really looks terrible if I don't wear any makeup.

To control my acne problem I am using Nuskin clear action series. I'm lucky it works on me. To heal and fade my acne scars I'm using Celltrex Ultra also from Nuskin. I'm hoping to get a good whitening product to help fade them even further. Biotherm's Emergency Spot helps me to dry up my pimples fast.

As for makeup, I found a foundation that covers my scars. I used to use Prescriptives oil-free although it was good, it can't quite cover as well as Covermark Extra Formula. This one really works, although I still don't have flawless skin I come close. It isn't oily at all.

I hope this helps.

Comment

hola!

i have eczema on my face...i think the only time i got a very bad breakout was during my wedding when i didnt use a proper makeup cleanser and eczema appeared on my forehead.

my dermatologist recommended me niks products and after a couple of months, it got better. even my whiteheads and blackheads appear to be lesser.

i still use very light makeup...blusher from bourjois and light foundation from clinique. cleansing is indeed very impt..im using fancl's makeup remover...so far so good...

i still have the occasional breakout and when i do, i stopped using makeup...

hope this helps!

Comment

I always go back to mineral makeup when my skin is feeling stressed.

I do not get break out from using make-up, just that the sensitive ingredients turn my skin red, aka rosacea.

Comment

Cosmetics for Super sensitive skin

Hi,

I have super sensitive skin, tried products from Kiehl's, clinique, Biotherm ... (all of these brands claims that they are mild and suitable for sensitive skin), red and itchy patches appears .

Any product recommendation for sensitive skin, especially for 2 way cake .

Thx

Comment

Working...
                              X