Eyelash Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelash Extension

I was at Millenia Walk today and came across Natural Angel Eyelash Extender Treatments .

There are two kinds in glass tubes. White Fibers (can really see them through the glass tube) make your lashes longer, and black fibers make your lashes thicker.

SA has it on one eye and the difference between both her eyes was great! She wanted to try it on my eyes but since I was with colleagues, I declined :sotong:

The fiber is not in some kind of base, but it's purely fiber, no liquid in the tube. Instructions according to her is to use a coat of mascara, followed by a coat of fiber before mascara dries, and then another coat of mascara.

I forgot to ask the price :roll: and I didn't buy it because curled lashes is always my priority and I don't see how the fibers won't weigh down the curls if I apply curler beforehand.

But, still I'm very curious about this. Anyone tries it before?

IIRC, it's been around for awhile but now more widely available. I saw it at Isetan Orchard (Wisma) too. I have a vague memory of trying something similar once and the fibre flying around like dandruff. Nice! It wasn't easy trying to get the fibre to stick.

Did a search of my own posts. It's Alcone's Fastlash! Remember it? Once all the rage on the beauty forums. It isn't suitable for contacts wearers, don't know if Natural Angel is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
      dandruff. Nice! It wasn't easy trying to get the fibre to stick.

Did a search of my own posts. It's Alcone's Fastlash! Remember it? Once all the rage on the beauty forums. It isn't suitable for contacts wearers, don't know if Natural Angel is the same.
      I think the trick to making the fibre stay is to put it on when the mascara is still wet.

Well, according to the brochure of the Natural Angel (what a name ) it's safe for contacts wearers.

Edit to add:

This is what the pamphlet says .. 100% natural vegetable fibre, 100% chemical and addictives free, 100% safe for contact lens user, provides nutrients to eyelashes.

Supposedly the black fibre is to be used on the eyelashes and the white one is to be used on the tip of the lashes. So if you were to get both, the application will go like this: mascara - black fibre - mascara - white fibre - mascara

Ingredients: Cellulose powder, panthenol, acetyl cellulose powder, carbon black (for the black fibre only).

What I'm more interested to know is whether the lashes is going to be long and straight or curved-friendly (picture on pamphlet and SA's lashes showed slightly curved lashes only). I can see that the SA, young lady that she is, really believes in this product, and insisted on trying on me several times.
      Last edited by kare2711; 09-12-2003, 06:58 PM.

Comment

think loreal just launched such a mascara in aust..
        supposed to lengthen ur eyelashes

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
          think loreal just launched such a mascara in aust..
          supposed to lengthen ur eyelashes
          Oh but these are not mascaras. They're fibres.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
            Oh but these are not mascaras. They're fibres.
            oh

the loreal works the same way white fibres and black fibres
            oh well

Comment

I think the trick to making the fibre stay is to put it on when the mascara is still wet.

What I'm more interested to know is whether the lashes is going to be long and straight or curved-friendly (picture on pamphlet and SA's lashes showed slightly curved lashes only).
              So did you?? I did apply Fastlash on wet mascara, but it didn't stick very well. It was just plain messy, and so fiddly to do. If I bought Natural Angel, I'd probably get the black, so that I needn't fear leftover white flakes clinging to my lashes.

FWIW, I think the weight of fibre might affect the curl - you'd probably have to be very careful what mascara you pair it with. I think wet and fibre-heavy mascaras have the same problem.

Btw, I have Bourjois Coup de Theatre, which has a sticky (not loose) white fibre end, which I cannot get to adhere to my lashes. I'm a lash extending failure, waaaah! :sotong:

Comment

I bought mine at Etude counter here in Jakarta :huh: but I think they're the same with the ones you're talking about. They have 2 angels picture at the bottle right?

I bought the white one, it works on me very well. I have short lashes and after I use it, my las were like a doll lash

here's what I do..

applied 1 layer of waterproof mascara, then layer it with the fibres and then applied a layer of mascara again to seal it. Sometimes I repeat a several times if I want to my lash to look dramaticaly long and then swipe the excess fibres with brush.

I tried Bourjois mascara (Iforgot the name , but it has double end). But unfortunately this one doesnt work well on me..

Comment

seen these around a lot these past few months.

the white fibres are supposed to thicken, and the black fibres are for lengthening. according to the promoter, they can be used alone or together! but she was using Full 'n' Soft as a mascara, so i don't know if her lashes were lush and long because of the fibres or the mascara!

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine85
                    seen these around a lot these past few months.

the white fibres are supposed to thicken, and the black fibres are for lengthening. according to the promoter, they can be used alone or together! but she was using Full 'n' Soft as a mascara, so i don't know if her lashes were lush and long because of the fibres or the mascara!
                    I thought the white fibres are for lengthening? Or so what the pamphlet says.

I was lucky to get an SA with two uneven eyes and the effect I saw was very dramatic! :sotong:

Comment

The white is for lengthening and the black is for thickening. That I am very sure as I clarified with the SA many times for that infor.

But if you fancy thickening and lengthening together plus DRAMA look, the black is actually quite an all-rounder. Its a bit more messy and can cause a little irritation to sensitive eyes.

I feel that the best way to apply the black fibre is to use a CREAM mascara. Mascara that has more liquid formula, eg Shu Uemura's Basic Mascara, does not work as well as cream formula like YSL Faux Cils. That's my experience using the fibres. You need patience to put on coats of mascara and brush thru them.

And not to forget to use a Fan-shape brush to sweep away the excess fibres that fall on to the cheeks. They can be quite difficult to remove/sweep away.

Comment

Originally posted by saresha
                        Btw, I have Bourjois Coup de Theatre, which has a sticky (not loose) white fibre end, which I cannot get to adhere to my lashes. I'm a lash extending failure, waaaah! :sotong:
                        Saresh, you may want to try the Canmake Lash Base then. It is also "sticky fibres", but the fibres are pretty short, black ones with a greyish base which makes adhesion easier. Oh, the comb shape applicator makes it quite a breeze to use too. I thought it did a decent job without being messy. Ok, no drama-mama lashes, but lengthened to a normal wearable length

Comment

I thought the white fibres are for lengthening? Or so what the pamphlet says.

I was lucky to get an SA with two uneven eyes and the effect I saw was very dramatic! :sotong:
                          oops! my bad! remembered wrongly.. the black fibres are for thickening and vice versa.. *sheepish*

Comment

I'm not too sure if this is the same product but I bought this pure fibre (white) from the Japanese pharmacy at Isetan Scotts. It comes in a glass tube (size like just any average mascara).

The concept is the same. Apply this after your mascara to volume up the lashes. It's very tricky to apply as the fibre will be flying all over the places and on my face and most of the time, in my eye. If I ever managed to get the fibres 'stuck' on my mascara, I will have the daunting job of applying the second coat of mascara evenly. It's not easy to coat every fibres and you end up with some white flecks on your lashes.

I gave up after a few trys. Costs me 30++ After which, I mixed this fibre with my normal mascaras.

I think Nicole has the same one like mine. If Nic can check because I can't seem to find mine. Will do so tonight.

Comment

I found mine and it is indeed called Natural Angel Lash Extension. Have attached a pic of this. Sorry about the poor picture quality. Is this really that easy to use? I must really spend time to test this and report back
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X