Camera! Foundation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera! Foundation!

Why is it that my foundation looks too light for me in photos taken with flash? But under natural light or photos taken without flash, it looks fine. :huh:

I don't think it has to do with the shade of the foundation, since it looks fine in natural light, but more to do with the 'light reflecting' pigments in the foundation?
    Last edited by nicole; 12-12-2003, 04:09 PM.

Hi;

Maybe it is the powder? Did you used translucent? I noticed that when I wear translucent powder it looks awful in pics. HTH!

Comment

Nope, i dont use a translucent powder.

Comment

Re: Foundation problem..

Originally posted by clpersonal
        Why is it that my foundation looks too light for me in photos taken with flash? But under natural light or photos taken without flash, it looks fine. :huh:
        I don't think it has to do with the shade of the foundation, since it looks fine in natural light, but more to do with the 'light reflecting' pigments in the foundation?
        According to Jason, some foundations do that. Namely, Lancome, MAC and he mentioned several other brands.

If his advice is right, then the only thing you can do is to change foundations. And the best one to go for is Tricolore because he said his won't do that.

Comment

Did he say why it happens??? I'm really curious about it...
          Jason is really good as selling this products!

Comment

cailing, of course face look white when u on the flash, the flash is white mah! Thats what i dont usually on the flash when taking pic

Comment

But i think this happens only with some foundations and not all??

Comment

It's true, certain foundations makes you look like a ghost in pics. MAC Studiofix does that because it was created specifically for studio photography - to be used under controled lights. Something to do with using different shade & pigements...

What foundations are you wearing currently?

Comment

I was trying out a sample of Ettusais Aqua oil free, luckily i didn't get the full sized bottle. Realised this happens lately, only after i've started using ettusais. Guess i'll have to switch!
                  Does this happen to RMK?

Comment

Originally posted by clpersonal
                    Does this happen to RMK?
                    i want to know too!!

Comment

Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by seba
                        Maybe it is the powder? Did you used translucent? I noticed that when I wear translucent powder it looks awful in pics. HTH!
                        Yeah! I find that my foundation alone doesn't create a "white" face but when i wear loose powder over, it makes my face look fairer in pictures. :sotong:

Comment

i think i read this somewhere in MUA before. I think products which contains titanium dioxide or something else(which i cant remember) will sort of reflect white into the pics thus making you look ghostly on pics

hmmm..if i remember correctly, i asked this question here before long time ago..

Comment

Does this mean that putting on sunblock will cause the same problem too? But i don't think this happens when i have my sunblock on.

Comment

i also ahve the same problem.. but it only happens when my make up started to wear off after some time... think the trick is to apply foundation onto your neck as well so that you will have the same colour as your face. =)

think there is one foundation in the market known as photogenic.. where your face will look natural in front of the camera. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X