Stila Color Push Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stila Color Push Ups

Just wondering has anybody tried these before and if so what do you think?

The reviews on MUA sound pretty good and I dont really like the CCs so I figure these would be a good alternative.

Also apart from these, what other gel blushes would you recommend?

thank you

I don't know about the push ups but I do love the Tarte version. They impart a very pretty glow, easy to apply & smells like candies.

Comment

The Tarte Cheek Sheen/Shine?

That looks so cute but unfortunately I don't have access to their products

Comment

I have this! Got this as an extra from a swapper. It glides on well but I find a tad too sticky or rather oily for my liking. Still prefer cream and liquid blushes.

Comment

I used to have this. Found that it glides on the skin really easily with no tugging. Goes on very sheer and transparent so it looks very natural. It's not as sticky as Tarte, but it's not very long lasting. Prefer Tarte or MAC cheek stains to this.

Comment

i've got so many different kind of gel blushes, and personally the best so far are these :

1. Tony and Tina Gel blush
            >> this comes in 2 shades. nifty bottle! quite sizeable amount, more than Origins, MAC ... i think it's SGD33?

2. MAC Cheekstains
            >>outstanding texture. creme-gel, delivers great colour, an edge over the usual red.

Ones i don't really fancy :
            1. Bonne Bell
            >>lotsa raves on MUA, but on me after like 6 layers nothing !

2. Origins Pinch Your Cheeks
            >> ugh. gives me two red patches. hard to blend, need to be REALLY quick

3. Napoleon Barely Blushing
            >> this one you can get in Aussie for AUD26. a bit iffy about this one. it can be very subtle, but is buildable. i use this or MAC regularly. this gives a flush similar to MAC cheekstains but i feel MAC gives a slightly nicer colour

Comment

tried this stila one a couple of years ago. it didn't do too good a job over my dry cheeks. the colour is too sheer. you're supposed to rub this over your cheeks and then blend. personally, i don't find this user friendly. if you want flushed cheeks, try gels instead.

Comment

Tried both CC's and these push-ups. Colour's too sheer; even after layering more than twice, it won't show after a light dusting of loose powder. CC's are relatively easier to use as they're less hard. I think using a sheer lipstick or lipstain as blush certainly works better!

Islande, is the T&T gel blush different from the Herbal Cheek Blush? I thought all their blushers are powder-based. You got my interest piqued now..

I tested the Origins Pinch-Your-Cheeks and found it to be quite nice. But it stains worse than the MAC Cheekstain and Lancome's.

The PN Watery Colors has to be the best liquid blusher, IMO. The Ayura one comes a close second.

Comment

i think it's not worth getting the stila color push-ups. i got two (don't ask why) and swapped one away already. the color is not lasting, too oily, too sheer and not very pretty to look at - the color is too one dimensional - not enough glow/shimmery sheen. the convertible colors or PN watery colors, Ayura liquid blush (as Glossie mentioned) or even RMK creamy eyes and cheeks or creamy cheeks are better options. how about MAC's cheek hue or cheekstain ? they are both very lovely ! HTHs !

Comment

Originally posted by She
                    The Tarte Cheek Sheen/Shine?

That looks so cute but unfortunately I don't have access to their products
                    She, there's a store in sydney that stocks Tarte products but super duper expensive. Cost around AU72+. I think they do mail order.

Comment

Originally posted by jepunnye
                      She, there's a store in sydney that stocks Tarte products but super duper expensive. Cost around AU72+. I think they do mail order.
                      oh yes I know of that store but it's so expensive. and I do like to try the products out before I purchase.

thanks anyway though

Comment

If you can, get Ruby and Millie's Pushup Cheek Stain! It's my HG and for a makeup idiot like me, it's fool-proof. It even works after I applied my MAC StudioFix. It's not that expensive. I bought it in Bangkok for 250 baht if I remember correctly

Comment

I just checked my Ruby and Millie. It's called Face Gloss

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                            Islande, is the T&T gel blush different from the Herbal Cheek Blush? I thought all their blushers are powder-based. You got my interest piqued now..
                            yes Glossie, it is different the gel blush is in a sleek silver pump tube. uber chic! go check it out at the counters. two shades available! PS: do report back if you get it in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                              I just checked my Ruby and Millie. It's called Face Gloss
                              Rae , you make it sound so good! i got a weakness for gel/liquid blushes... gotta curb this! i got too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X