Matte Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matte Foundation

Chanel's Double Perfection Fluid or Prescriptive's Virtual Skin?

Or do you know of anther great matt liquid foundation?

Virtual Skin is not matte on me at all. I would consider it a dewy natural finish rather than matte. Haven't tried the Chanel foundation but I heard that it's good for oil control.

How about RMK Creamy foundation or IPSA Renew?
    Last edited by visee; 08-01-2004, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Have tried Virtual Skin, definitely not matte. It even turned a bit oily on me.

Comment

RMK creamy is more matte... Px foundations are more dewy, oily but natural of course....

Comment

Virtual Skin is definitely does not give a matte finish. It gives a dewy look. For Prescriptives range, 100% Oil Free Foundation should be the one which gives a matte finish.

Actually IPSA renew does not give the matte look too. IPSA Protect Liquid and Ettusai Aqua Liquid are the matte foundations I have tried

Comment

Hmm.. I think the definition of Matte isn't very, er, defined, to begin with. Ha ha. I actually think iPSA Renew is matte, as is Chanel Vitalumiere, which some don't think is matte at all. I do think Px Virtual Skin is quite matte. Maybe it's my skin! I'm very dehydrated. I think the only foundation that's dewy is Becca's LSC. And it's strictly a tinted moisturiser, not a foundation.

Oh, I think Biotherm's matte foundation (Von, you still have the exact name?) is worth trying. I read in last year's Cleo Dec issue that it's very lightweight, as is Ettusais Aqua, and good for combi/oily girls.

Comment

Estee Lauder Ideal Matte Foundation

Haven't read very much about EL Ideal Matte here, but having been using the foundation for quite some time I think it's one of the best matte foundations I've tried so far. Coverage is medium, and the mousse texture makes applying it a breeze 30 ml for $55 (before GST went up by 1%) so it's a little cheaper compared to IPSA Protect Liquid Foundation (25 ml for $56). The latter has very sheer coverage in my opinion, but definitely buildable. Looks more natural however, as compared to EL Ideal Matte. Ideal Matte also gives a slightly shimmering look under certain light angles

Hope you'll find your HG matte foundation soon! And when you do, don't forget to give a product review for us!

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                Oh, I think Biotherm's matte foundation (Von, you still have the exact name?) is worth trying. I read in last year's Cleo Dec issue that it's very lightweight, as is Ettusais Aqua, and good for combi/oily girls.
                It is known as Sense Matte

Comment

Re: Estee Lauder Ideal Matte Foundation

Originally posted by yenyen
                  Haven't read very much about EL Ideal Matte here, but having been using the foundation for quite some time I think it's one of the best matte foundations I've tried so far.
                  Oh yes, we did talk about this one! Yes, I believe this is another good bet. Even the base was reviewed in Style mag not too long ago as one that wears well in our weather.

Comment

i have used RMK creamy before & Chanel's DPF - i think Chanel is slighter more matte & the coverage is better too for chanel's Both stayed quite true but i have to say DPF stayed truer even without makeup base.

me hunting season for foundation the weather's getting hot again & my DPF is finishing - as usual looking for something new. SHOOT ME!

Comment

Originally posted by vit_c
                      SHOOT ME!
                      Here you go, Lois

RMK Creamy is too matte, to the point of accentuating my dry spots.

Diorskin is also quite matte.

Comment

i'm liking EL's ideal matte makeup base. swiped a bit of the foundation on my hands and i like the texture alot.

RMK creamy is definitely matte. my sis bought this recently and i stole a bit from her.

Comment

Anyone wants to share the lightest SPF laneige's liquid foundation with me? $20 includes original bottle & i will just pump my portion out. OM me ya. Should be buying after Chinese New Year.

Comment

Went to get EL's ideal matte sample after hearing the raves here. I think the texture is alot more powdery than RMK's creamy or liquid and tends to look a bit more 'cakey' on the skin compared to the latter. Though i'm not sure which i prefer cos' EL is oil-free according to the MA and RMK is not :roll: Still i think EL is a pretty good bet and provides really matte coverage throughout the day

Comment

Re: which is more matte?

Originally posted by vit_c
                              Chanel's Double Perfection Fluid or Prescriptive's Virtual Skin?

Have not tried Prescriptive's but Chanel's Double Perfection Fluid is really really matt.

Comment

Working...
                              X