Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• princess_e
    replied
    I have also tried using it before during my teenage years. It clog my pores too.

Leave a comment:

• chidori
    replied
    Originally posted by Bashful View Post
    Actually I remember I read some where that quite a few local celebrities swear by it?
    Do you mean jacelyn tay? I think she mentioned she use pigeon powder if Im not wrong.

Leave a comment:

• iniminiminimo
    replied
    i think when your face is oily n sweat, clean up your face with a wet tissue n blot with pigeon powder

clean the sponge frequently or use a tissue paper/cotton pad to apply the powder on your face n discard.

U can put one cotton pad in your compact n use till its time to throw. It will not only freshen the make-up but prevent bacterial growth leading to further damage on already pimple prone skin

Leave a comment:

• Bashful
    replied
    I started using this powder recently and found it quite good. I only use it on Sat and Sun, when I am at home. So far I find the powder matifying and give a natural look. It helps to minimise the look of my pores. I brought the beige shade. I like everything about it except for the strong frangance.

Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing will happen to my pores.

Actually I remember I read some where that quite a few local celebrities swear by it?

Leave a comment:

• Lil_Piggie
    replied
    how long does it take to see the effects of clogged pores? also how will it look like? like white heads? sorry for the lame question but i am pretty new to makeup. Thanks babes!

Leave a comment:

• Katrina
    replied
    fyi, it contains minearl oils which clog pores....

jus my 2 cents worth...

Leave a comment:

• centuars
    replied
    Hi there. A confession to make here. Pigeon has clogged up my pores...FINALLY.

I've discarded since and my skin starts to clear now gradually.

It was okay when my skin was quite good during teenager times. Guess my pores are getting larger and thus, more prone to clogging these days.

So my conclusion is:
    unless your skin is totally flawless and you have micro-pores like baby skin, don't ever risk it!

Leave a comment:

• VinLongo
    replied
    I used this when I'm in poly. I only use it on and off just for fun. Quite like it & it doesnt clog my skin.

Leave a comment:

• Jing
    replied
    I started using this after seeing that my friend who has flawless skin is using this. She has really even skin tone and she does not use any other makeup except for this powder.

I guess it all depends on individuals. :roll:

Leave a comment:

• friz
    replied
    Dewy,

You can try brown .... thats about the darkest colour they have but its quite light compared to the regular commercial brands ....
    Or if you are really fair ... you can try Pink .... it doesnt add much colour so kinda blends into your skin colours

Leave a comment:

• Dewy
    replied
    anyone has a pic of this? which colour is suitable for fair skin?

Leave a comment:

• centuars
    replied
    In the end, I still went to buy a new Pigeon powder (beige) as my friends said this is actually better than other cosmetics in the market.

Their logic is: It is meant for babies' butt so why will it cause bumps instead?

But anyway, even using foundation and loose powder will cause me clogged pores so this is not making much difference.

Besides, it is cheap for me to use it for school everyday.

However, I will keep it updated

Leave a comment:

• vit_c
    replied
    I can only imagine with the bad comments - its supposed to be for mums who want to make their babes look cuter with 'foundation' Gosh won't it be spoiling their skin from birth!

The poor child will be plauged with bad skin for life?

I am staying clear from mine now. it has this musky smell which is ok on the body but not next to my nose.
    Last edited by vit_c; 09-06-2004, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• islande
    replied
    i really doubt it's a good idea to use this as a cosmetic item. the first two ingredients are highly avoided in most other LP or foundations (talc and corn starch) due to their comodegenity.

Leave a comment:

• babysammi
    replied
    My good friend used this as a pressed powder. She has good skin to start with. However 2 months after using this, her skin broke out in lots of small bumps and whiteheads.

Her skin never recovered to those perfect porcelain type. I restrain from using pigeon powder after hearing that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X