Pink a la Paris Hilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink a la Paris Hilton

I'm currently crazed over pink lippies...not dark pink or gaudy pink, but specifically light nudish pink a la Paris Hilton. Something along the lines of MAC's Pink Packed, Emphatic, Angel, Snob, Faux and Giddy...creamy with a distinct glossy sheen...no matte or frosted pls. Any good recommendations outside of MAC? TIA!

YSL Lisse Gloss #1 -- pale milky beautiful pink. but i can't get over the smell. :puke: IMO smells like a garbage dump gone bad. but to others it smells like wine / rosewater ...

Comment

Originally posted by islande
      YSL Lisse Gloss #1 -- pale milky beautiful pink. but i can't get over the smell. :puke: IMO smells like a garbage dump gone bad. but to others it smells like wine / rosewater ...
      Serious?!! Sounds damn chia lat, man. :roll:

Anyone else have other suggestions for great pale pink lippies? I'm keen on less commercial brands...

Comment

Not a direct answer to your question, but I've read in US Seventeen that her signature lip colour is MAC Prrr lipglass.

Comment

Originally posted by blueberry
          Not a direct answer to your question, but I've read in US Seventeen that her signature lip colour is MAC Prrr lipglass.
          Hee...I've read about it too~ Prrr is such a beautiful shade~ Definitely one of my favourite MAC Lipglass~

Comment

Originally posted by cate69
            Serious?!! Sounds damn chia lat, man. :roll:

yup. :roll: SO wanted to puke too, when he smelt this. it truly stinks.

i've read that her signature color is Prr too, but i'm not too sure Prrr gives that kind of shade you are talking about.

Comment

I know her supposed signature shade is Prrr, but somehow the color looks off on me.

Comment

Originally posted by cate69
                I know her supposed signature shade is Prrr, but somehow the color looks off on me.
                ah, i see... *shrug* really have got no idea what else could work! i think you should try posting on MUA Makeup Board. i'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions, if you post at the right time.
                Last edited by islande; 05-02-2004, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Cate, methinks Prrr is a bit peachy-pink and is frosty. It really depends on the colour of your natural lip. Prrr didn't work for me cos my natural lip colour is too dark any pale plus frosty shades won't work.

I suppose the best bet is to hit the Shu Uemura counters to check out all the Nudes in different intensities?

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                    Cate, methinks Prrr is a bit peachy-pink and is frosty. It really depends on the colour of your natural lip. Prrr didn't work for me cos my natural lip colour is too dark any pale plus frosty shades won't work.

I suppose the best bet is to hit the Shu Uemura counters to check out all the Nudes in different intensities?
                    I'm too lazy to physically scout around for the ideal pale pink lippie...that's why I was hoping someone could point me towards strong contenders.

Prrr made me look like I sprouted fungi on my lips.

I've seen gazillion pix of Paris Hilton...none of the lippies she has on seems to resemble Prrr, IMO. Tramp aside, the girl's got such terrific coloring! Pure platinum blonde hair set against flawlessly tanned skin...one word. WOW.

Comment

guess what Steph, i tried mixing my Lust and Fashion spread l/g together today and i got a nice pale nudie pink lip colour. give it a try? though i'm not too sure if that the Paris Hilton look you want hehe...
                      Last edited by aveline; 10-02-2004, 01:58 AM.

Comment

hmm... great idea, aveline! Fashion Spread (nudish mauvish beige) + Lust (mauvish pink) = Paris Pink?

Comment

Hi Cate, how about the ones from Chanel glossimers? I can't really remember the name off hand...something like Volage?

Comment

Originally posted by aveline
                            guess what Steph, i tried mixing my Lust and Fashion spread l/g together today and i got a nice pale nudie pink lip colour. give it a try? though i'm not too sure if that the Paris Hilton look you want hehe...
                            That's a great idea, Pris! Alternatively the discontinued Song & Dance also gave me pretty much the desired effect. I'm just shattered I can no longer obtain it.

Outside of MAC ???, any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
                              Hi Cate, how about the ones from Chanel glossimers? I can't really remember the name off hand...something like Volage?
                              I checked out Chanel Glossimers, but didn't seem to come across any that gave me the desired effect. I'm pretty keen on Jaipur, but they don't seem to carry it here?

Comment

Working...
                              X