Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyebrows - Pencil or Powder?

Hiya!

I'm using Becca's brow powder in medium right now, but i'm thinking of switching to using an eyebrow pencil. I like the very defined, arched look that I've seen on girls who use eyebrow pencils. I'm considering MAC and Shu at the moment. Anybody tried both? Which do you prefer? Any recs for shades (I'm chinese, dark-haired, MAC nc30) or brands?
    Last edited by teiko; 06-04-2005, 09:45 PM. Reason: Changed title for more relevancy

Hey Faith dearie! :wave:

my personal fave is low-end. Fasio's dark brown pencil works great for me. it doesn't have any of that annoying reddish tinge that looks so unnatural. my hair is jet black, tho', so to match the hair colour i need something purely dark brown. this lasts quite well on me, and goes on well. what can i say? it's just a good (and affordable!) match.

Comment

I usually fill in my brows with powder. Currently using the one from Tricolore in Blonde I think.

Occasionally, when I want a more defined/dramatic look, I use my MAC eyebrow Pencil. Christian Dior is pretty good too!

I prefer powder though, cos it's more natural.

Comment

wow! that was quick! thanx dearie

which shade do you use for the MAC pencil? how do you find the texture?

Comment

Hi Faith! Good Topic. I'm into eyebrows now.. heh..

Anyway, i also prefer filling in brows with powder - it's much more natural.

I love Stila's brow set in Dark.. it gives a defined yet natural finish. However, this works better on those with enough "hair" on the end.. if you know what i mean..

If you insist on using a pencil, maybe Shu?

Comment

Originally posted by PiiinkPixie
            wow! that was quick! thanx dearie

which shade do you use for the MAC pencil? how do you find the texture?
            No problem dear.

I use Fawn. Quite a versatile shade considering how often I've changed my hair colour!

i quite like the texture because the pencil's not too hard, so you don't have to use too much pressure. At the same time, it doesn't deposit too much at a go so I can build up the intensity of the colour as I please.

Quite fond of it since it's quite affordable as well!

Sometimes, I use my eyeliner brush to pick up the colour from it and then fill in my brows.

Comment

lea: hey girlie! haven't seen u in THE longest time!!!

heh yeah one of the reasons i'm thinking of switching to pencil's that i think powder doesn't grab onto my veryvery sparse eyebrows all that well. would probably work way better on you-you have such nice thick eyebrows! grrrrr....

zhi: how do u find the texture of the fasio pencil? hehe i was thinking of going for MAC of Shu cos i think it's gonna be a little difficult for me to pick out the right colour-a SA's help would be sooo great!

xue: ooh! now i hafta go check fawn out at the MAC counter! *grin*
              Last edited by PiiinkPixie; 19-02-2004, 01:30 AM.

Comment

definitely go ask a SA! And make her try it on you then walk ard a bit to check in different lighting.

I realised that the accurate brow colour is CRUCIAL in completing your look. Just a little too dark and you can look so strange!

Comment

never tried MAC but i can vouch for Shu's eyebrow pencil!!! think i will use this for the rest of my life...

Comment

stila refillable eybrow pencil

hi~

I was wondering if anyone tried the new stila refillable eyebrow pencil made in japan and is only available in asia. TIA

Comment

I'm also using Stila brow set with MAC 266 angled brush.
                      I like natural arched brows and this works fine!

Comment

Originally posted by PiiinkPixie

zhi: how do u find the texture of the fasio pencil? hehe i was thinking of going for MAC of Shu cos i think it's gonna be a little difficult for me to pick out the right colour-a SA's help would be sooo great!

yeap i understand the texture is ... well, pencil-y. sorry, not much help here. but after it settles in, it becomes more powdery. i use this to just fill in some spaces, not really to draw on brows tho'.

Comment

zhi: heh, i understand =) think i might go down to check out the shades myself tmr!

related question: do pencils ever melt? like on your skin when you sweat?

Comment

I'm using the Shu brow Pencil but i realise i have too little brow hair. maybe i should switch to powder or wax type to give me thicker, fuller brows? I'm never a fan of skinny brows!

Comment

hiya there...

my all time fav is shu eyebrow pencil (brown in medium)
                              not with me right now, will give you more details...

it is smooth, easy application and natural

Shu all the way!

Comment

Working...
                              X